Sensus crashes constantly
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Sensus crashes constantly

Anyone else having issues with the computer crashing when they plug their phone in? I have a Pixel XL that will consistently crash the computer whenever its plugged in and Android Auto is enabled.

Very frustrating, and not sure how I can solve it or if I should try and get Volvo involved. We have another Pixel XL that does not have this issue as consistently as my wife's phone.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sorry, 2 iPhones only in my household. No Android.

I've only used it with iPhone 6 and it works perfectly.
      1995 850
      2006 S60 2.5T
      2019 XC40

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Call Volvo customer support. A consistent repro is great for them to troubleshoot and fix.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Thanks, I'll give that a try first. I do have a dealership service appointment for a new windshield tomorrow, so I will also bring it up with them.

What exactly is happening when you say it crashes?

No issues with my Pixel 2XL. Are you on Android P?
      Last edited by freeskier; 08-17-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Hey there. I have a 2018 XC60 and because it crashed so often Volvo ended up replacing the whole Sensus unit. To accomplish this we had to file a claim at corporate. We were happy for a couple of days after getting the car back until....it started doing it again. My wife ( Who primarily drives the car ) seems t think Sensus does not agree with Android Auto as every time it happens, she has her phone plugged into the USB

Quote Originally Posted by cbostic817 View Post
      Sensus does not agree with Android Auto as every time it happens, she has her phone plugged into the USB.
      I use Android Auto all of the time - zero crashes in Sensus. Numerous Android Auto bugs, but that's Google's problem.
      OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

No crashes here with a Samsung S9+ on my 2019 XC40.

As a first step troubleshooting, I'd make sure to try a different USB cable.

I dont think crash is the correct term. my iphone sometimes would not sync with sensus. it appears to be a connectivity issue with the phone carrier. when there is bad signal it wont say bad signal it just wont connect the phone. nothing to do with sensus itself. maybe thats what the original poster is referring.

Been using Galaxy S9 with no issues to connect or bugs with Android Auto. Just got Galaxy S20+ and it is seamless with absolutely no issues. Actually connects almost instantaneously compared to slight delay with S9.
      Are both Pixels same model or one maybe older (wife's) with connectivity issues. Are both running same version of Android? See if dealer has some success. If not, contact Google for support with Pixels. Let us know how you make out.

Found this interesting posting:https://support.google.com/androidau...TqeFKv8/?hl=ja

Hi All, 2019 v90 cc in Japan and same issue with the sensus crashes which seem to be much more frequent even after a dealer update about 2 months ago. The ghost in the machine (aka black screen of death reboot) seems to happen quite “regularly” when making a left turn (RHD) for some reason. Also nerve wrecking when it goes blank on the highway and resets the electronic toll collection reader - crashed through the styrofoam gates twice already! Still love the car through but definitely needs to work on its electronics.

I have a Pixel3a and when plugged into the USB, it has never crashed with Sensus.

I work in IT and, believe it or not, the quality of the USB cable you use can make a big difference. If you can, try and use the cable that came with your Pixel and see if that resolves the problem. If that doesn't work, my next step would be to reset your Sensus as well as uninstall and reinstall Android Auto on your phone with a full shut down of the phone inbetween. If you're still having issues, then I'd take it up with Volvo as could be a Sensus problem.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
      I have a Pixel3a and when plugged into the USB, it has never crashed with Sensus.

I work in IT and, believe it or not, the quality of the USB cable you use can make a big difference. If you can, try and use the cable that came with your Pixel and see if that resolves the problem. If that doesn't work, my next step would be to reset your Sensus as well as uninstall and reinstall Android Auto on your phone with a full shut down of the phone inbetween. If you're still having issues, then I'd take it up with Volvo as could be a Sensus problem.

Good luck!
      I was having finicky connectivity issues with my iPhone. Seemed to go away when I stopped using the Amazon lightning cable and went back to the OE Apple cable.
      2019 XC40 RD P* & 2013 XC60 T6 P* / 2011 S60 T6 (Traded In)

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements