SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Welcome to the Guinness planning forum

9K views 57 replies 40 participants last post by  Hong Kong 
#1 ·
Use this subForum to discuss planning for setting the World Record for the largest parade of Volvo cars at a location in North America.

#2 ·
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
...&, FWIW, I thought maybe it was a cruise to the new Guinness factory in Baltimore with all our area enthusiasts. LOL!

#9 ·
I think collectively I can assemble 40 Volvo people/volvos. Some of those households have more cars but there aren't enough drivers to bring them all. I have 7 but only 4 drivers for example. 40 is the head count of volvo & driver should everyone local be able to participate.

#10 ·
I think collectively I can assemble 40 Volvo people/volvos. Some of those households have more cars but there aren't enough drivers to bring them all. I have 7 but only 4 drivers for example
I have 2 but one driver....similar train

#17 ·
I’m in. I’ve got one lol. Where in North America?

#19 ·
I'm in depending on location and date. Northeast, upper midwest or very coastal. We should ideally look at demographics to yield the largest concentration.

P2R owners group should help give general insight into this.

I was browsing the Corvette Forum and stumbled upon a thread that asked owners to post up their locations on a map to track clusters and all the fun stuff. Thought to myself that this would be a cool tool for us to have so here it is folks! http://bit.ly/1vujbOt

If you like, post up where you are or simply lurk to see where all other P2 R folks are!

EDIT: So it seems this is really getting some traction! One request...please be detailed! To be accurate without dashing out too much private information please provide the following...First Name, SS username, year, color combo, SR or VR, transmission. In Location, only put City and State.

Here is mine for example...Humza (volvosRus) - 2004 Black/Nordkap S60 R MT

Instructions
- Click the link provided above
- You don't need an account to submit a response
- Add your location by hovering over Additions, then click Add Marker - Simple
- If you have a VIDA/Dice, please add that into your info

- Here is what I added. You can choose to detail it however you want. Submit when done. NOTE: Click Submit only once as it takes a few seconds to complete your application

Let's see where we can go with this! Here's how the C7 Vette Owners Map looks like with hundreds of submissions!

Cheers,

Humza :)

#20 ·
Subbed as well. Depending on date/location, I can have up to four participating. Will get the word out to others I know.

BD

'06 S40 M66 T5 FWD, '08 C70 M66 T5 Premier Plus, '11 XC90 V8 AWD, '13 C70 T5 Platinum P* ('94 850 Turbo, '05 S60 T5 FWD, & '04 XC90 2.5T AWD R.I.P.)

#23 ·
I used SC as a potential location in my article based on the Facebook page comments. If there is a better location, let's make it known. :)

#24 · (Edited)
Sounds like fun!!!

How about the middle of the country!!! St. Louis, Missouri....... :)

#25 ·
We need more people! I can donate multiple Volvos with drivers so I'm worth like 2 at least lol

#27 ·
My daughter and I traditionally do a road trip every summer, nothing planned for next year yet so we could try to incorporate this...

even if timing isn't right for that I'd still be interested depending on date/location

#28 ·
As a world record holder, I would thoroughly enjoy adding another to the mantle!

#30 ·
When and Where? I'm down.

#32 ·
Love these initiatives!

But...be aware that there is a similar one planned in the UK (at 31 March 2019) with 600 cars I believe : see https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285437

AND

There was a similar yearly event in The Netherlands this year with +2000 cars, they came from all over Europe, Ask Jared, he has been there!
Should be one in 2019 again, and heared they might do the Guiness Book Of Records thing also.

#38 ·
Yeah.......if anyone besides maybe Sweden thinks they can beat the Netherlands....all I can say is good luck. Lol. Ever been on the way to a Volvo meet and you're cruising along seeing car after car that's also on the way to said Volvo meet? I don't mean like one or two cars, probably most of us have had that happen....I mean like 20 or 30. It was insane. It'd be like if you went to Carlisle and it was like twice as big and ONLY Volvos. It was a truly mind blowing experience. If only people camped out like they do at Carlisle so there would be enough time to actually take it all in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.