Location Options - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

View Poll Results: Where do you prefer to attend the event?

Voters
    144. You may not vote on this poll
    • Volvo HQ South Carolina Plant

45 31.25%
    • Volvo HQ Rockleigh, NJ

23 15.97%
    • Mid-West Location

24 16.67%
    • West Coast Location

29 20.14%
    • Northeast location (NY area)

23 15.97%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      I think because of the 'Attempt" we would be likely to get more people wanting to be a part of this event, and history! I am in South FL and will be willing to drive up, maybe one or 2 of ours!
      2018 XC60 R OSD Bursting Blue
      2016 XC60 New White Pearl, Loaded
      2007 185K Miles XC70 My 4th!
      2006 45K Miles S60 Rescued from Katrina! Sold
      2003 84K Miles XC90 T6 AWD 18" Nautic Blue, Nav, Loaded! Color Coded !!
      1995 122K Miles 960 SW Everything Works! Sold!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Would make sense to do it wherever in the country the most Volvo's are registered.

If I had to wager a guess, I would guess that is New England.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      I know this is a nutty idea, but I've been wondering if Volvo would want to create a "World Record Edition" S60 and have 1,000 S60's in the parade at the SC plant. Then they could invite enthusiasts and other Volvo owners to participate as well.

What's the record for cars of any one brand, period?

Great idea, but it would have to be a V60!!
      06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

would love to see the event in the new SC plant, but realistically it needs to occur in a center of critical mass to achieve the turn-out. Areas of concentration are the North East (New England to New Jersey), Northwest (Washington / Oregon), and California. Cali and the PNW are too far from any Volvo HQ, so I'd say New Jersey is the correct location. From NJ you'll get some of the Dixie folks (I'll drive from Alabama) and a good number of New England enthusiasts.
      06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

Quote Originally Posted by Austin V70R View Post
      would love to see the event in the new SC plant, but realistically it needs to occur in a center of critical mass to achieve the turn-out. Areas of concentration are the North East (New England to New Jersey), Northwest (Washington / Oregon), and California. Cali and the PNW are too far from any Volvo HQ, so I'd say New Jersey is the correct location. From NJ you'll get some of the Dixie folks (I'll drive from Alabama) and a good number of New England enthusiasts.
      I second that big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to Volvo ownership here. Checking out the site and community.
      Found this thread interesting, but I assume like most people couldn't attend if a great deal of travel required. And agreed, a new factory location ideal. But the down and dirty fact is, its all about where you can get 600 confirmed attending and accommodations for such.
      Just throwing this out there because the area has many boxes checked. I'm located in Northern California, Sonoma County. Many cycling events are held in this region as it's scenic roads (coastal redwoods and wineries) and manny tourist accommodations (Napa Vally adjacent) which the local PD is accustomed to closing/rerouting traffic (obviously events permitted in advance) Near here there is a large saw mill which recently closed and it and the land are for sale by the family (if you have $12 mil burning a hole in your pocket) The mill sits on a massive (appears football stadium sized) flat, mostly paved empty lot. The lot is located on a two lane highway which would be perfect for any such parade. And (no joke) being near San Francisco, there's a very large local Volvo owning demographic that loves large gatherings: Current and former hippies.

Feel free to Google Maps satellite it. Berry's Sawmill, Cazadero CA

J

2018 V90 CC T6 Twilight Bronze/Charcoal

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2