Serious Sirius Problem?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Serious Sirius Problem?

Suddenly after my wife took it on a trip, our 2015 XC-60 radio is only offering "pop" satellite channels 2-10,13-,17,63,65,70, and 158. NO sports, news, jazz, classical, etc. After about 5 calls to Sirius and numerous failed attempts to reset our radio, I finally got to someone who knew what was going on. There is a box attached to the radio called the Sirius module that must be reset. Sirius cannot reset it over the air because to do that the radio must be set to channel 184, which cannot be selected in it's current state! I was told that only the dealer can reset it, but it is now past warranty. Any comments, experience, or solution will be greatly appreciated.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick
      2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6 speed
      2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJag View Post
      Suddenly after my wife took it on a trip, our 2015 XC-60 radio is only offering "pop" satellite channels 2-10,13-,17,63,65,70, and 158. NO sports, news, jazz, classical, etc. After about 5 calls to Sirius and numerous failed attempts to reset our radio, I finally got to someone who knew what was going on. There is a box attached to the radio called the Sirius module that must be reset. Sirius cannot reset it over the air because to do that the radio must be set to channel 184, which cannot be selected in it's current state! I was told that only the dealer can reset it, but it is now past warranty. Any comments, experience, or solution will be greatly appreciated.
      You need a RDAR upgrade. Total Upgrade MOST will do it too.
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

???

Thanks, but how do i do a RDAR or MOST upgrade? Is it dealer only or can an indy Volvo shop do it? I have an extended warranty from Steingold, but I think it has a deductible.
      Last edited by TonyJag; 09-03-2018 at 06:46 PM.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I searched a bit and found this S80 thread:
      Thread: Disablling Sirius Satellite - Draining Battery.
      There is quite a lot of content there about RDAR, which means "Remote Digital Audio Receiver", and updating software to stop a problem whereby it drains the battery, even if you don't want or use Sirius. But our current problem is missing channels, as described above. Has anyone seen that problem and corrected it with a RDAR upgrade?

Smile Problem Solved Sudbury Volvo?

Well, I tried more resets from XM Sirius and it took a while, but is now OK.

BTW, Anyone have experience with Sudbury Volvo on US20 in Sudbury, MA?

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements