OFFICIAL: S90/V90/V90CC Photo Thread - Page 14
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
      Must be nice to be able to post pictures of your car in this thread. I've tried contacting the administrator of this site to enable me to also post pictures in my reply. While I can post a picture in my profile, the site (I guess the way my ID has been established) does not allow me the ability to post an image in a reply. I've tried sending an email to the swedespeed and admin contacts listed in this site, but both bounced back as undeliverable addresses (literally just copy-and-pasted the email addresses). If anyone knows of an actual administrator in this forum, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Regards, Maggs

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maggs View Post
      Must be nice to be able to post pictures of your car in this thread. I've tried contacting the administrator of this site to enable me to also post pictures in my reply. While I can post a picture in my profile, the site (I guess the way my ID has been established) does not allow me the ability to post an image in a reply. I've tried sending an email to the swedespeed and admin contacts listed in this site, but both bounced back as undeliverable addresses (literally just copy-and-pasted the email addresses). If anyone knows of an actual administrator in this forum, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Regards, Maggs
      Odd. I use the Tapatalk app on my phone. I had to connect it to my google account to be able to attach pictures but that was very simple.

Are you using the forum on a browser and still can’t post pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Host the image externally (imgur, postimg, etc) and then link here by URL.

Edit: Yeah, Tapatalk also allows hosting.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      Host the image externally (imgur, postimg, etc) and then link here by URL.

Edit: Yeah, Tapatalk also allows hosting.
      I only found this thread because you posted in it.
      2006 XC70 76k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 65k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 7k - Grey/Black
      2020 V90CC 1.9K - Osmium Gray/Maroon Brown - "Storm" | 2019 Honda Pilot 49K - Black/Black - "Toaster" - OpenPilot Development Guinea Pig
      Previous: 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2018 V90CC

Quote Originally Posted by 2005_V70R View Post
      Odd. I use the Tapatalk app on my phone. I had to connect it to my google account to be able to attach pictures but that was very simple.

Are you using the forum on a browser and still can’t post pics?

Hi. I use a laptop (Windows 10 with a Chrome browser). I don't normally access via my Samsung S10+ phone, but just today I tried. Unfortunately, the Forum's reply-to-thread didn't provide a function to attach an image via my cell phone, either. I'm guessing my forum ID may have been set up in a way that does not allow me to upload an image in reply to a thread. Again, I CAN upload an image to my profile (and have done so), BUT the functionality I have been afforded by the Forum doesn't allow for me to upload an image to a thread. I've tried to contact the Forum administrator, to no avail (the two email addresses provided in the FAQ area bounce back as un-deliverable).

I always had the same problem from a browser, only links to external sites work and even those require good skills in computing. But from the phone with Tapatalk I can simply attach images and works fine, which is what I do if needed and I moved over, have better things to worry about than this.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
      2018 V90 CC T6 Polestar (Pine Grey Metallic)

My wife caught me photographin'

Hi. I use a laptop (Windows 10 with a Chrome browser). I don't normally access via my Samsung S10+ phone, but just today I tried. Unfortunately, the Forum's reply-to-thread didn't provide a function to attach an image via my cell phone, either. I'm guessing my forum ID may have been set up in a way that does not allow me to upload an image in reply to a thread. Again, I CAN upload an image to my profile (and have done so), BUT the functionality I have been afforded by the Forum doesn't allow for me to upload an image to a thread. I've tried to contact the Forum administrator, to no avail (the two email addresses provided in the FAQ area bounce back as un-deliverable).
      Quote Originally Posted by brabbit View Post
      I always had the same problem from a browser, only links to external sites work and even those require good skills in computing. But from the phone with Tapatalk I can simply attach images and works fine, which is what I do if needed and I moved over, have better things to worry about than this.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
      Adding photos which are hosted externally is very easy. Let's say that you have gone to imgur and hosted an image. The image will have a direct URL such as "www.imgur.com/ThatImageYouUploaded.jpg". You should copy that URL (which ends in .jpg, .gif, etc) and then come back to the tab for this forum. In the forum window, you click the small image picture (which, when moused-over, says 'Insert Image'), in the little pop-up choose 'From URL', unclick the box for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" if it's clicked, paste the URL into the text box, then click 'OK'. This should bring you back to the forum and you should now have the following text in the forum entry:

[ IMG]www.imgur.com/ThatImageYouUploaded.jpg[ /IMG]

I added spaces into those tags so you could see them, but there would be no space if we were trying to make them work. FYI, those tags inside the brackets tell the forum you're attaching an image by URL.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      Adding photos which are hosted externally is very easy. Let's say that you have gone to imgur and hosted an image. The image will have a direct URL such as "www.imgur.com/ThatImageYouUploaded.jpg". You should copy that URL (which ends in .jpg, .gif, etc) and then come back to the tab for this forum. In the forum window, you click the small image picture (which, when moused-over, says 'Insert Image'), in the little pop-up choose 'From URL', unclick the box for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" if it's clicked, paste the URL into the text box, then click 'OK'. This should bring you back to the forum and you should now have the following text in the forum entry:

[ IMG]www.imgur.com/ThatImageYouUploaded.jpg[ /IMG]

I added spaces into those tags so you could see them, but there would be no space if we were trying to make them work. FYI, those tags inside the brackets tell the forum you're attaching an image by URL.
      Thanks. Appreciate the time you've provided to respond. Perhaps I am not as conversant in the various options for uploading an image to this forum, possibly due to my age. With this said, the functionality provided in the "profile" area of this forum site allows for one to easily attach an image file from their computer to their personal profile. However, this same functionality is not offered when replying to an existing thread or posting a new one. It appears, based on your feedback, that one must first create a URL, and then the forum's functionality will allow for the URL to be attached. Not sure why the forum would have a different process for doing the same task from two different places. For me, as an "old-timer", the easiest would be to just attach a file from my laptop or cell phone, again, as the forum already allows me to do when updating my profile. Once again, thanks for your reply. I'll check into it.
      Last edited by maggs; 09-20-2020 at 10:06 AM.

First “off road” experience last Saturday. Honestly with the 20” rims it’s a little suspicious. Not a ton of sidewall.

Unlocked the V90CC in the garage and saw lights come on. Had to take a pic with my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2005_V70R View Post
      Unlocked the V90CC in the garage and saw lights come on. Had to take a pic with my phone.
      I put frosted film on my garage windows, and whenever I do this (unlock the V90), my garage looks positively Satanic from the outside due to the tail lights illuminating.

A few shot from our trip to Acadia

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 Single Turbo / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline
      07 BMW R1200S: Akrapovic / Ohlins / Quickshifter
      19 Volvo V90 T6: R-Design / Bowers & Wilkins / Polestar Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9blue View Post
      A few shot from our trip to Acadia
      Beautiful!

Brought my V90 out to visit a rocket this morning:

Great pictures from above, keep them coming.

2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

A few Pics after the BBK install and a quick wash!

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Absolutely Beautiful!
      Her HHI car - 2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      His - 2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!
      Hers - 2017 XC60 Magic Blue w/ blond interior, T5 Dynamic
      For Fun - 1992 NA 300ZX lightly modified

First wash.

Visiting one of the last shell-shaped Shell stations:

In the shade my brown V90 CC looks almost black...but it still looks good.

L1000440 small.jpg
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

Welcoming the fall with a dusty car
      L1000739.jpg
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

Volvo V90 Inscription https://imgur.com/gallery/8iQjWf9

Hi. With this forum's help, I was able to utilize imgur to create a URL and post an image of my car. Unfortunately, as you can see, all I was able to do was post the URL, which doesn't display the image until the URL is selected. Could someone suggest how I can get the image to be presented in the forum posting, instead of just the URL. LOL. As you can tell, I'm not very computer savvy, but would appreciate any assistance. Thanks, Maggs

Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 10-15-2020 at 12:07 AM.

OFFICIAL: S90/V90/V90CC Photo Thread

Volvo V90 Inscription https://imgur.com/gallery/8iQjWf9

Hi. With this forum's help, I was able to utilize imgur to create a URL and post an image of my car. Unfortunately, as you can see, all I was able to do was post the URL, which doesn't display the image until the URL is selected. Could someone suggest how I can get the image to be presented in the forum posting, instead of just the URL. LOL. As you can tell, I'm not very computer savvy, but would appreciate any assistance. Thanks, Maggs
      I find that posting photo's in this forum is about as inconsistent as my V90 CC's kick to open tailgate - hit and miss. I downloaded Tapatalk which seems to work (but I don't like typing on my phone). Using my laptop is a coin toss - I can't seem to find any consistency to when it does or doesn't work. I'll try posting a pic (using my laptop) of my car just after being washed (i.e. it rained):

Attachment 70111

Edit to add photo using Tapatalk:

Last edited by CedarMtn; 10-14-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Looks good. Like the chrome on on the Inscription. Is yours a CC. Does it sit in lower or higher than normal CC. Also, are the seat posters highter than a Momentum or R model. Please give me some detail on the seats. Im concern about seat height due to my getting older. thanks. Great looking.
      CC]]
      Currently Volvo-less
      2004 V70 - 2.5 T Just totaled on 27 Sep 15
      2007 XC90 - gone
      2010 XC-90- gone
      1989 240 DL - gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by 240_XC90 View Post
      Looks good. Like the chrome on on the Inscription. Is yours a CC. Does it sit in lower or higher than normal CC. Also, are the seat posters highter than a Momentum or R model. Please give me some detail on the seats. Im concern about seat height due to my getting older. thanks. Great looking.
      CC]]
      Hi, 240_XC90: The CC's ground clearance is 8.3 inches vs 6.0 inches for the Inscription. While this height difference may not be significant for some, for me it was, since I sometimes travel/store a wheelchair for my wife when we travel, and didn't want something with a tall lift area. Before buying my Inscription, I also test drove the CC and the R. From what I recall (it has been 9 months since that test drive), the CC's and Inscription's seats were very similar in design, and felt equally comfortable to me. The Inscription comes standard with perforated Nappa leather seats, while the CC comes standard with non-perforated leather seats (perforated Nappa leather seats are an option). IMO, if seat durability is a concern, and you're considering the CC, my advice would be to purchase with the standard leather seats.

Regarding the R's seats, to me they have a more "sporty" (i.e., larger and stiffer seat deck and backrest bolsters), and I didn't find them to be comfortable. This discomfort was due to the raised height and increased firmness of the seat deck bolsters, as well as the increased firmness and constriction from the backrest bolsters (I'm 5 ft 10 inches tall and weigh 185 lbs). IMO, it is more difficult to slide onto these seats, at least for an older person, like me. IMO, the best thing to do is test drive for yourself. Seat comfort is a very subjective and personal topic.

32. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14