Quick little update. This Corona situation has drastically reduced my driving. Just rolled over 188k this week.
I have a habit of discovering more broken things as I fix others.
1) I ordered a Grom, installed it. It's nice...but now my driver's side dash and door speakers aren't working mysteriously. I'll have to pull the radio out again and see if something is getting pinched.
2) I ordered new lock pins and bezels. I had thought about getting a friend to 3d print some, but I got attracted to the ipd ones. They're nice, but now I discovered (as I'm sure we all have at some point that after 20 years the glue on door panels has failed. Both rear doors are pretty bad. Another future project. I barely open the rear doors, so not a huge priority. 2a)Discovered the tailgate lock pin does not twist off the same way, and the hole for the bezel needs to be widened slightly to accept the ipd pin. Also had a repair kit for the clips etc, replaced those, but then immediately broke them when I messed up putting it back on.
3) installed new tailgate struts. Learned quickly that one strut will not hold it up at all. Luckily I caught the door before it fully smashed my leg.
3a) my rear wiper has never worked. Determined it works with tailgate up and starts to slow about 20 degrees from closed. Think it's getting pinched in the hinge.
4) finally decided I didn't like having my lower grills missing. I have my original peices in the back of the car above the spare, but clips are cracked. Nice and easy install of new OEM grills. Eggcrate really pops now.... still need to put black bezels in my jewels.
5) I was doing some investigating of integrity of motor mounts and noticed strange wear on my ps front rotor. Full contact on outside pad, half contact on inside pad. I was gonna pull a wheel and investigate, but my driveway wasn't playing nice with my jack. I have a gravel driveway and it was a little soft from rain recently.
My accomplishments with this car are tiny and barely worth recognizing, but nonetheless it gives me joy to drive.