ScottishBrick's 2003 Mystic V70 T5 Manual Wagon
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 1130
    1. #1
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512

      ScottishBrick's 2003 Mystic V70 T5 Manual Wagon

      September 15th I found this wonderful 2003 V70 T5 manual wagon on craigslist. I was in Maine for work at the time so I sent Hounddogger to investigate. His boots on the ground report was promising so I sent a deposit, went to look at it in person when I got back from Maine and ultimately decided to buy it. Picked her up yesterday, uneventful drive home from upstate NY. Passed emissions this morning and now its registered and ready to go. Ive adopted her from JakeT5 who bought her new and was a very diligent first owner. The original window sticker will be getting framed.
      Last edited by ScottishBrick; 09-27-2018 at 05:01 PM.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      First impressions.















      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    4. #3
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512


      First eyes on the prize
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Picking her up!





      Stopping for lunch (BBQ in Canaan NY)



      Great gas mileage





      Home!
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    7. #5
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      First mornings projects:





      Poly mounts. Lower was in 2 pieces.



      Engine cover ventilation mod



      Wastegate adjustment



      Stole the wheels off the emerald for the time being



      Time for suspension and brake upgrades.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    8. #6
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512


      There's a factory painted wing in the back seat and I'm waiting on the mounting kit and the 05+ sport shift knob for 5 speeds to arrive from my local dealer

      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    9. #7
      Junior Member KDM Mods's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      767
      Awesome find Scottish! Can’t wait to see the mods to come!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
      Psalm 23:4

      2005 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 AT
      2007 Volvo V70 2.5T AT

    10. #8
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      12,701
      That's a looker to the wagon people, and a ghost to everyone else.
      REALLY well done, and the emerald may need to get a different set. Those make that car look great, and the wing will add flair.
      What's up with the driver's seat door side bolster? Is that just an image flaw?
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    11. #9
      Junior Member JakeT5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Niskayuna, NY
      Posts
      83
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      What's up with the driver's seat door side bolster? Is that just an image flaw?
      Unfortunately the seam along the driver’s side of the driver’s seat opened up a few years back. What you’re seeing in the picture was my “temporary” black duct tape fix.
      1996 850 GLT, 2003 V70 T5M (sold to ScottishBrick), 2007 XC90 V8, 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design

    12. #10
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      That's a looker to the wagon people, and a ghost to everyone else.
      REALLY well done, and the emerald may need to get a different set. Those make that car look great, and the wing will add flair.
      What's up with the driver's seat door side bolster? Is that just an image flaw?
      Drivers booster is split. It was fixed functionally with gorilla tape. Is on the list but not a major priority.

      It'll be even stealthier when I debadge it.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    13. #11
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      11,828
      subscribed
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 296k.
      1997 850R Estate. RN/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 136k.

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 266k. <--- FOR SALE!!

    14. #12
      Junior Member chewie688i's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Location
      Gales Ferry CT
      Posts
      387
      Hmm, Scottish with a P2. I'm intrigued. Following so when I ditch my 2000 I know what to do on my next aquisition.
      2000 V70R The Death Wagon 133k ish

    15. #13
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by chewie688i View Post
      Hmm, Scottish with a P2. I'm intrigued. Following so when I ditch my 2000 I know what to do on my next aquisition.
      Don't hold your breath. This is a learning experience
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    16. #14
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      12,701
      Can’t blame you. You kept it pretty clean it seems. Why didn’t you post it here first?
      Quote Originally Posted by JakeT5 View Post
      Unfortunately the seam along the driver’s side of the driver’s seat opened up a few years back. What you’re seeing in the picture was my “temporary” black duct tape fix.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    17. #15
      Junior Member JakeT5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Niskayuna, NY
      Posts
      83
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Can’t blame you. You kept it pretty clean it seems. Why didn’t you post it here first?
      In hindsight I probably should have, but it just didn't cross my mind at the time as I haven't been a regular here in quite some time. We're still a Volvo family though, and the 2017 XC90 in the garage isn't going anywhere for a long time (hopefully).

      I'm just really excited that someone from here bought her who is going to give her a great home. We owned that wagon for over 15 years, drove over 170k miles, owned 3 houses, had 2 kids and 2 dogs during our time with the wagon. It was the first car we bought new and she never let us down.

      I did find a picture from Oct 2003 (when she was 3 month old), right after I applied my swedespeed stickers (which flaked off after a decade or so).

      1996 850 GLT, 2003 V70 T5M (sold to ScottishBrick), 2007 XC90 V8, 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design

    18. #16
      Member Austin V70R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Santa Cruz, Ca
      Posts
      1,850
      Great find.... very nice car. I guess the VT5M didn’t get a space ball shifter, that might be a neat upgrade.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

    19. #17
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by JakeT5 View Post
      In hindsight I probably should have, but it just didn't cross my mind at the time as I haven't been a regular here in quite some time. We're still a Volvo family though, and the 2017 XC90 in the garage isn't going anywhere for a long time (hopefully).

      I'm just really excited that someone from here bought her who is going to give her a great home. We owned that wagon for over 15 years, drove over 170k miles, owned 3 houses, had 2 kids and 2 dogs during our time with the wagon. It was the first car we bought new and she never let us down.

      I did find a picture from Oct 2003 (when she was 3 month old), right after I applied my swedespeed stickers (which flaked off after a decade or so).



      I'm super happy to be a worthy second owner. The wagon is growing on me by the hour.



      New daily commute when used for pleasure.

      Honing the P2 fwd chassis and manual transmission drivetrain for ultimate road trip ability as well as twisty coast road drive ability.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    20. #18
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by Austin V70R View Post
      Great find.... very nice car. I guess the VT5M didn’t get a space ball shifter, that might be a neat upgrade.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




      Thinking differently
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    21. #19
      Member Austin V70R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Santa Cruz, Ca
      Posts
      1,850
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post




      Thinking differently
      Ahhh.... very nice.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

    22. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Guilford, CT
      Posts
      588
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post


      I'm super happy to be a worthy second owner. The wagon is growing on me by the hour.



      New daily commute when used for pleasure.

      Honing the P2 fwd chassis and manual transmission drivetrain for ultimate road trip ability as well as twisty coast road drive ability.
      146 is such a great road to rip when it's not busy. Fun commute to Branford and back for sure.
      2013 XC60 T6: her's
      2008 C30: her first Volvo
      2007 XC70 Adventure: mine
      2002 S60 T5M: because it needed to be saved
      Past: 1999 V70 5sp, 2010 Mazda5, 2000 Audi A4 Avant 5sp, 1990 VW Fox 4sp

    23. #21
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
      146 is such a great road to rip when it's not busy. Fun commute to Branford and back for sure.
      It's been filled with cops recently quite to my dismay.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    24. #22
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      11,828
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      It's been filled with cops recently quite to my dismay.
      That's depressing
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 296k.
      1997 850R Estate. RN/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 136k.

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 266k. <--- FOR SALE!!

    25. #23
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      That's depressing
      So just keep it a hair under twice the speed limit then. We should be good this weekend
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    26. #24
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      …now Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      1,344
      I, like many others I'm sure, am thrilled to death to have you fully join P2 wagon world, wang and all. I will be following this thread…and it doesn't seem like it's gonna be too long before you pass the things I've done to your car's Southern twin. I'm pretty excited about your knob/boot choice, and excited to see how it looks installed. I still think you eventually will want to upgrade to an 05+ console, since that boot will work fine with it.

      Did you not have much of a noticeable difference when you added the upper poly mount? I did the lower poly mount probably a year ago, and just finally put in the poly upper mount a couple months ago. I thought I was safe from the punitive vibes since I had a manual…but I'm on the verge of going back to OEM rubber there. It's bad. Also, let me know when you get an idea of what your mixed driving MPGs are. I'd give ANYTHING to see 29.5 on my dash…even for 100% highway cruising…
      Current: 2003 V70 T5 M56 // Mystic Silver/Charcoal // 162K miles // Koni FSD + Eibachs // Snabb intake + IPD silicone turbo hoses // Copper R Brembos // 18" Pegs // OEM bi-xenons // '05 side mirrors // 18/35 tint // jewel tails // black anodized S80 DIM // R steering wheel // '05 console w/ T5M spaceball // mesh grill with custom ironmark badge 2004 XC70 bone stock for now…
      Previous: 2001 V70 T5M (Nautic/Charcoal) // 1999 V70 NA M56 (Blue-Green Metallic/Charcoal) // 2004 V70R M66 (Titanium/Nordkap) // 1992 244 M47 (Silver/Navy…and the newest, nicest car I'll ever own. Sold on BaT. )

    27. #25
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      E. ON
      Posts
      353
      This summer, I was showing 9.2l/00, or 25.6 US MPG- high speed highway driving with A/C on. 225-width tires, wang and with the rubber underhood seal removed. Car runs 91 Shell Gold exclusively (no ethanol). Completely stock engine.

      Lately, in cooler weather with no A/C, I've been averaging 8.2-8.4l/00, or ~29 US MPG, so your mileage looks about right.

      Do you have a Part No. for the shift knob and boot? Thx.

      Firestone Indy 500-3.jpg
      Last edited by Eric Green; 09-28-2018 at 04:12 PM.
      2001 V70 T5M
      2010 XC70 T6

    28. #26
      Senior Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      11,828
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      So just keep it a hair under twice the speed limit then. We should be good this weekend
      Lol ok


      Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
      Did you not have much of a noticeable difference when you added the upper poly mount? I did the lower poly mount probably a year ago, and just finally put in the poly upper mount a couple months ago. I thought I was safe from the punitive vibes since I had a manual…but I'm on the verge of going back to OEM rubber there. It's bad.
      Interesting.....when are you experiencing these vibrations?

      To your point, there was a noticeable decrease in NVH in situations other than being in gear and not moving when I went back to stock torque mounts in my T-5R. That includes both while driving and sitting still in neutral. I wasn't expecting that but, given that it has been my experience, your experience with them with a manual doesn't shock me.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 296k.
      1997 850R Estate. RN/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 136k.

      Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 266k. <--- FOR SALE!!

    29. #27
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Improvements time



      Bilstein Touring rears replaced aged oem shocks. I thought this would be relatively easy but the back seats don't fold and I didn't know any of the bolt sizes so it took longer than expected.



      305s are crusty and don't stop great



      Hmmm



      HMMMM



      Aw yea. 316s.



      The Bosch pads suck. They'll be going back to fcp asap.



      The headlights also suck. Time for E codes or splice harnesses for the 05+ lights.



      Brake project was much needed



      Looks like I'm due for control arms





      Yea these gotta go. Bilstein Touring soon. Bump stops are gone so I'll be doing a full strut rebuild.

      Debating eibach springs or just new Volvo sport springs.



      Highway driving was quite economical today!
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    30. #28
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      398
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      Drivers booster is split. It was fixed functionally with gorilla tape. Is on the list but not a major priority.
      When we bought our 01 V70 T5M several years ago it had the same split. The dealer had the seat removed from the
      car, sent to an auto upolsterer, and they sewed it shut, it has held up nicely although visible.

      There is one up on Tolland if none are near you.

      Can you post the p/n's for the wing mount kit, shifter boot and shift knob? I read somewhere that people
      are fitting the S40 shifter and cables, not sure what the benefit is.
      Last edited by zak; 09-28-2018 at 07:19 PM.

    31. #29
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512

      ScottishBrick's 2003 Mystic V70 T5 Manual Wagon

      Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
      I, like many others I'm sure, am thrilled to death to have you fully join P2 wagon world, wang and all. I will be following this thread…and it doesn't seem like it's gonna be too long before you pass the things I've done to your car's Southern twin. I'm pretty excited about your knob/boot choice, and excited to see how it looks installed. I still think you eventually will want to upgrade to an 05+ console, since that boot will work fine with it.

      Did you not have much of a noticeable difference when you added the upper poly mount? I did the lower poly mount probably a year ago, and just finally put in the poly upper mount a couple months ago. I thought I was safe from the punitive vibes since I had a manual…but I'm on the verge of going back to OEM rubber there. It's bad. Also, let me know when you get an idea of what your mixed driving MPGs are. I'd give ANYTHING to see 29.5 on my dash…even for 100% highway cruising…
      The vibration you're getting with poly is probably due to worn out engine mounts. The motor settles and vibrates against the subframe. I lightly have this issue at the moment but I know that in the past with all new motor mounts that's not been the case. I also still have the soft upper engine bar mounts at the moment.
      Last edited by ScottishBrick; 09-28-2018 at 07:21 PM.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    32. #30
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
      When we bought our 01 V70 T5M several years ago it had the same split. The dealer had the seat removed from the
      car, sent to an auto upolsterer, and they sewed it shut, it has held up nicely although visible.

      There is one up on Tolland if none are near you.

      Can you post the p/n's for the wing mount kit, shifter boot and shift knob? I read somewhere that people
      are fitting the S40 shifter and cables, not sure what the benefit is.


      30664536

      sport shift knob



      30664726

      sport boot



      30664143

      Wagon wang mounting kit
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    33. #31
      Member 95WanderWagen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      Berks Co., PA
      Posts
      2,579
      Subbed 👍 control arms eh? Doing poly there like the pewter? I may be willing to contribute to that project if you are interested... I do have a ser of p2 wagon arms sitting here, ready for new bushings...just sayin'
      Help fund a trip across the country for a volunteer position working with rescued wolves and wolfdogs!

      https://www.gofundme.com/Ptsd-therap..._co_campmgmt_m



      Want brighter, whiter interior lights in your Volvo? PM me for details or email me at [email protected]. Full kits in stock for p80 platform cars


      Ghosts of the past
      3x AMC XJ (84 Cherokee 2.5l, 86 wagoneer 2.8l, 87 Cherokee sport 2.8l 5 sp) || 4x Subaru (96 legacy outback, 97 legacy gt wagon, 92 svx 4.44 auto swap, 88 DL coupe) || 2x Pontiac (88 Fiero 2.5l notchie, 96 grand Prix GT 2.4L) || 3x DSM (92 eclipse GS 4g63 n/a, 99 eclipse gs 420a n/a, 3000gt vr4 sport roof) || 2x Hyunda (96 Elantra 4g63 coupe, 2000 Elantra 4g63 wagon) || 1x Geo storm || 1x VW [93 Fox) || 1x Ford(93 Escort LX 1.9l) || 1x Chevy(2000 venture extended) || 3x Volvo (96 855 2.4l, 95 855 2.3t, 04 xc70 2.5t) || 1x Mazda (2003 Protege5 5sp)

    34. #32
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by 95WanderWagen View Post
      Subbed control arms eh? Doing poly there like the pewter? I may be willing to contribute to that project if you are interested... I do have a ser of p2 wagon arms sitting here, ready for new bushings...just sayin'
      Pewter doesn't have poly.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    35. #33
      Member 95WanderWagen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      Berks Co., PA
      Posts
      2,579
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      Pewter doesn't have poly.
      I thought you did poly all around the front suspension. Maybe I misunderstood then when I drove it last year.

      Either way if you want these arms I'm probably not going to use them. Should fit your wangon nicely
      Help fund a trip across the country for a volunteer position working with rescued wolves and wolfdogs!

      https://www.gofundme.com/Ptsd-therap..._co_campmgmt_m



      Want brighter, whiter interior lights in your Volvo? PM me for details or email me at [email protected]. Full kits in stock for p80 platform cars


      Ghosts of the past
      3x AMC XJ (84 Cherokee 2.5l, 86 wagoneer 2.8l, 87 Cherokee sport 2.8l 5 sp) || 4x Subaru (96 legacy outback, 97 legacy gt wagon, 92 svx 4.44 auto swap, 88 DL coupe) || 2x Pontiac (88 Fiero 2.5l notchie, 96 grand Prix GT 2.4L) || 3x DSM (92 eclipse GS 4g63 n/a, 99 eclipse gs 420a n/a, 3000gt vr4 sport roof) || 2x Hyunda (96 Elantra 4g63 coupe, 2000 Elantra 4g63 wagon) || 1x Geo storm || 1x VW [93 Fox) || 1x Ford(93 Escort LX 1.9l) || 1x Chevy(2000 venture extended) || 3x Volvo (96 855 2.4l, 95 855 2.3t, 04 xc70 2.5t) || 1x Mazda (2003 Protege5 5sp)

    36. #34
      Senior Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      13,512
      Quote Originally Posted by 95WanderWagen View Post
      I thought you did poly all around the front suspension. Maybe I misunderstood then when I drove it last year.

      Either way if you want these arms I'm probably not going to use them. Should fit your wangon nicely
      What are they from?
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 195k - "O-Three"
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

    37. #35
      Member 95WanderWagen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      Berks Co., PA
      Posts
      2,579
      P2 V70R iirc... They dont fit my xc, should fit your t5m. Meyle HD cast aluminum I thunk. Let me double check the part numbers stamped on them and I'll text you pics

      https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...635229#fitment

      https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...meyle-30635230

      Last edited by 95WanderWagen; 09-28-2018 at 09:39 PM.
      Help fund a trip across the country for a volunteer position working with rescued wolves and wolfdogs!

      https://www.gofundme.com/Ptsd-therap..._co_campmgmt_m



      Want brighter, whiter interior lights in your Volvo? PM me for details or email me at [email protected]. Full kits in stock for p80 platform cars


      Ghosts of the past
      3x AMC XJ (84 Cherokee 2.5l, 86 wagoneer 2.8l, 87 Cherokee sport 2.8l 5 sp) || 4x Subaru (96 legacy outback, 97 legacy gt wagon, 92 svx 4.44 auto swap, 88 DL coupe) || 2x Pontiac (88 Fiero 2.5l notchie, 96 grand Prix GT 2.4L) || 3x DSM (92 eclipse GS 4g63 n/a, 99 eclipse gs 420a n/a, 3000gt vr4 sport roof) || 2x Hyunda (96 Elantra 4g63 coupe, 2000 Elantra 4g63 wagon) || 1x Geo storm || 1x VW [93 Fox) || 1x Ford(93 Escort LX 1.9l) || 1x Chevy(2000 venture extended) || 3x Volvo (96 855 2.4l, 95 855 2.3t, 04 xc70 2.5t) || 1x Mazda (2003 Protege5 5sp)

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast