Has anyone heard a ding noise when they shut off their XC90
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Has anyone heard a ding noise when they shut off their XC90

A few days ago when I got home and shut off my car brother asked me why my car dings when it turns off. I was confused and thought he was crazy and then he told me that every time I shut off my car it makes two dinging noises. I thought he was trying to play a joke on me, so I asked him to start the car and turn it off, while I listened outside and sure enough it made two dinging noises when it shut off. You don't really hear it on the interior of the car, but now that I know about it, I can hear it faintly when I try to listen. Mine is a my19 and I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this. Has anyone heard of what I am describing.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Maybe a sound recording would help. As this vehicle makes a lot of noises when it痴 switched off. Most of them are normal.

Yet to be sure. Share that Audio recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post
      A few days ago when I got home and shut off my car brother asked me why my car dings when it turns off. I was confused and thought he was crazy and then he told me that every time I shut off my car it makes two dinging noises. I thought he was trying to play a joke on me, so I asked him to start the car and turn it off, while I listened outside and sure enough it made two dinging noises when it shut off. You don't really hear it on the interior of the car, but now that I know about it, I can hear it faintly when I try to listen. Mine is a my19 and I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this. Has anyone heard of what I am describing.

If you leave the key in the center console it will ding when you open the door to tell you that the key was left in the car. If you leave an extra key in the center console, such as the sport key, this will also happen.
      Dailys: 2015 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar - Passion Red / 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor / 2019 VW Golf R 6MT (On order)
      Fun: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Trailered track monster)
      Prior Cars of Note - 2018 XC90 T8 RD, 2013 C70, 2004 V40, 2005 Lotus Elise S/C, 2003 Porsche 911 C2, 1982 Porsche 911SC, 1995 Range Rover County LWB, 1964 Corvair Spyder convertible, A Bunch of Saabs
      Quote: "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" -Colin McRae

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
      If you leave the key in the center console it will ding when you open the door to tell you that the key was left in the car. If you leave an extra key in the center console, such as the sport key, this will also happen.
      Yes I'm aware of that, but this can really only be heard on the outside of the car which is why it's weird. You also have to listen for it. I probably sound crazy right now, I will try to post a recording as soon as my car leaves the shop (in for rattles again).

so it's an electronic Ding outside the car? or is it a mechanical ping like metal cooling ?

Quote Originally Posted by derickma View Post
      so it's an electronic Ding outside the car? or is it a mechanical ping like metal cooling ?
      It sounds electronic, that's why it's so weird to me.

It sounds electronic, that's why it's so weird to me.
      and it happens as soon as you shut the car off? or after you open the door get out and close it? also do you have a T8?

Quote Originally Posted by derickma View Post
      and it happens as soon as you shut the car off? or after you open the door get out and close it? also do you have a T8?
      As soon as I turn off the car, regardless if the door is opened or closed and I have a T6.

The only electronic beep I know of outside the car is the alarm system turning on when you lock the car. I wonder if some kind of defect is causing the alarm sound to chirp when the car shuts off ? I would take it in as it dosen't sound normal at all

I will ask the dealership. We haven稚 had any problems that have been the cars fault besides a squeaky seat and everything seems to work normal. I値l see what they have to say. It痴 just so weird that I知 the only one that痴 heard this.

Same “ding” coming from outside of the car when I shut off my 2019 XC90 T6. I have been trying to find an answer to what it is. Any update?

Can anyone whose car makes dings make a clip and posted?
      asking for a friend
      06 V70R Sonicap
      surf/skate/snow/smile-mobile
      16 XC90 fam-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Kirlo View Post
      Can anyone whose car makes dings make a clip and posted?
      asking for a friend
      I値l try and get a clip tmrw. I知 away from home at the moment. By ding I meant it sounds like a faint beeping noise.

I値l try and get a clip tmrw. I知 away from home at the moment. By ding I meant it sounds like a faint beeping noise.

Same with me - it is a beep.

Funny that this conversation came up I was asking my self the same question. Yesterday I replaced my oil housing in my 2014 S60 T5. When I started the car I went outside to see if my oil leak was fixed and sure enough it seems to be good no more leaking oil. Anyways when I went to the car to shut it off I had the hood open I turned the car off and took the key with me and I heard 2 or 3 electrical knocking sounds coming from the throttle body. I値l post a video in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector_Volvo View Post
      That sounds like the throttle cycling. I've heard it before in customer's cars. No one ever complained about it and haven't had it cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      That sounds like the throttle cycling. I've heard it before in customer's cars. No one ever complained about it and haven't had it cause issues.
      Definitely not the same noise I am hearing. It is a distinct 電ing.

Quote Originally Posted by adk View Post
      Definitely not the same noise I am hearing. It is a distinct 電ing.

Right... his is a totally different car. No one wants to post a clip of the noise being discussed in this thread, which makes it pretty hard to help with.

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements