SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Voice Commands in a summary

17K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  ChainedAlice 
#1 ·
General Commands
"Repeat" - repeats the most recent voice command in the current dialog.
"Cancel" - cancels the dialog.
"Help" - initiates a help dialog. The system responds with commands that can be used in the current situation, an instruction or an example.

Numbers
"Phone numbers and zip codes" - should be given by stating each number individually, e.g. zero three one two two four four three (03122443).•
"Addresses" - can be given by stating each number individually or in a group, e.g. two two or twenty-two (22). For English and Dutch language settings, groups of numbers can also be said in sequence, e.g. twenty-two twenty-two (22 22). For English, double or triple digits can also be used, e.g. double zero (00). Numbers in the range 0-2300 can be used.
"Frequencies" - can be given as ninety-eight point eight (98.8), one hundred four point two, or hundred four point two (104.2)

Voice Control for Cellular Phones
"Call [contact]" - call the selected contact from the phone book.
"Call [phone number]" - call a phone number.
"Recent calls" - display the list of recent calls.
"Read message" - read a text message aloud. If there are several messages, select the message to read aloud.
"Message to [contact]" - the user is prompted to dictate a short message. The message will then be read aloud and the user can choose to send or re-dictate the message. The vehicle must be connected to the Internet to access this function.

Voice Control for Radio and Media
"Media" - initiates a dialog for media and radio and displays examples of commands.
"Play [artist]" - plays music by the selected artist.
"Play [song title]" - plays the selected song.
"Play [song title] from [album]" - plays the selected song from the selected album.
"Play [radio station]" - starts the selected radio station.
"Tune to [frequency]" - tunes to the selected radio frequency in the currently active waveband. If no radio source is active, the FM band will be started as default.
"Tune to [frequency] [waveband]" - tunes to the selected radio frequency on the selected waveband.
"Radio" - starts FM radio.
"Radio FM" - starts FM radio.
"Radio AM" - starts AM radio.
"SiriusXM" - starts SiriusXM radio
"CD" - starts playback from CD.
"USB" - starts playback from USB.
"iPod" - starts playback from iPod.
"Bluetooth" - starts playback from a Blue-tooth-connected media source.
"Similar music" - plays music from a USB-connected device with music similar to that currently playing.

Climate Control System Voice Commands
"Climate" - starts a command dialog for climate controls and provides examples of commands that can be used.
"Set temperature to X degrees" - sets desired temperature.
"Raise temperature"/"Lower temperature" - raises/lowers the set temperature.
"Sync temperature" - synchronizes the temperature for all climate zones in the vehicle with the temperature set for the driver's side.
"Air on feet"/"Air on body" - opens the desired air vent.
"Air on feet off"/"Air on body off" - closes the desired air vent.
"Set fan to max"/"Turn off fan" - changes blower speed to Max/Off.
"Raise fan speed"/"Lower fan speed" -raises/lowers the set blower speed.
"Turn on auto" - activates automatic climate control.
"Air condition on"/"Air condition off" - activates/deactivates air conditioning.
"Recirculation on"/"Recirculation off" - activates/deactivates air recirculation.
"Turn on defroster "/"Turn off defroster" - activates/deactivates window and door mirror defrosting.
"Turn on max defroster"/"Turn off max defroster" - activates/deactivates max defroster.
"Turn on electric defroster"/"Turn off electric defroster" - activates/deactivates heated windshield.
"Turn on rear defroster"/"Turn off rear defroster" - Activates/deactivates heated rear window and door mirrors.
"Turn steering wheel heat on"/"Turn steering wheel heat off" - activates/deactivates heated steering wheel.
"Raise steering wheel heat"/"Lower steering wheel heat" - raises/lowers the level of steering wheel heating.
"Turn on seat heat"/"Turn off seat heat"- activates/deactivates seat heating.
"Raise seat heat"/"Lower seat heat" - raises/lowers the level of seat heating.
"Turn on seat ventilation"/"Turn off seat ventilation" - activates/deactivates seat ventilation.
"Raise seat ventilation"/"Lower seat ventilation" - raises/lowers the level of seat ventilation

Navigation Voice Commands
"Navigation" - Starts a navigation dialog and displays examples of commands.
"Take me home" - Guidance is provided to the location set as Home.
"Go to[city]" - Inputs a city as a destination, e.g. "Go to San Francisco".
"Go to[address]" - Inputs an address as a destination. An address must contain city and street. e.g. "Go to Filbert Street 5, San Francisco".
"Add intersection" - Starts a dialog to input two streets. The destination will then be the intersection of these two streets.
"Go to[zip code]" - Input a zip code as the destination. e.g. "Go to 1 2 3 4 5".
"Go to[contact]" - Input an address from the phone book as the destination. Example "Go to Robyn Smith".
"Search[POI category]" - Search Points of Interest (POI) in a certain category (e.g. restaurants). To sort the list along the route, say "Along the route" when the list of results is displayed.
"Search[POI category] in [city]" - Searches for POIs in a certain category and city. The list of results is sorted based on the center point of the city. Example "Look for restaurant in San Francisco".
"Search[POI name]". For example, "Search Golden Gate Bridge".
"Change country/Change state" - Changes the search area for navigation.
"Show favorites" - Displays locations marked as favorites in the instrument panel.
"Clear itinerary" - Deletes all stored waypoints and destinations in an itinerary.
"Repeat voice guidance" - Repeats the most recent guidance instruction.
"Turn off voice guidance" - Guidance off.
"Turn on voice guidance" - Guidance on.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thank you for this post! I have been trying to figure out how to get my car to stop thinking and only searching New Mexico addresses.

Unless it was the car trying to tell me it was too cold, as I'm nowhere near NM.

#8 · (Edited)
Sat down with the wife in my car, connected her phone, configured her key. Show her how to launch Car Play and how to use voice for both Siri and the Car. She was literally blown away. Being able to use both systems was a real eye opener. She's never really gotten into Car Play other then maps.
Short press: I'm cold.
Short press: turn on my heated seat.
Long press: read my messages.
She says.... Hmmm... Maybe I do need a new car. 🤣😍