T8 questions
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: T8 questions

Question T8 questions

While buying parts for our 2015 T6 XC60, i went upstairs to look at the new ones. They had a beautiful red XC60 T8 R-design with air suspension. Questions the salesman couldn't answer:

1. When running on the gas engine only, does the electric motor free wheel or is there a clutch to disengage it?

2. It appears that the T8 XC60 has a smaller gas tank (13.2 gal) than T5 or t6 (18.8 gal). So on long highway trips where the electric drive is mostly not used, does it have limited range?

3. Is the T8 available in other models than the XC60 or XC90?

4. The XC60 brochure does not list weight. How much does a T6 and T8 weigh?

5. If the air suspension fails, are there still springs to avoid resting on the bump stops?

Any answers or discussion will be appreciated.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick
      2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6 speed
      2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The T8 is normally a front drive vehicle. When the electric motor is engaged it will drive the rear wheels. So when not in use the wheels turn freely.

I end up with about a 350 mile range which is long enough for me. The 2019 has a larger tank. Something like going from 50 liter to 70 liter

i do not believe the T8 comes on the new XC40 yet. That car is destined for all electric. Other Volvo car models are plugins

i believe the T8 weighs around 5400 lbs. the T 6 should be around 800 lbs less

not sure what the fall back is for failure of the air suspension. The system has what appears to be large diameter dust shields so I suspect there are some sort of springs?
      2017 Acura NSX Nouvelle Blue Pearl, Ceramic Brakes
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription Onyx Black, BW, Leather Dash, Convenience, Vision, Luxury, Air Suspension, Climate, 21" Wheels
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+
      2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
      2014 Toyota Rav4EV (one of 2600 compliance California only cars)
      2011 Nissan Leaf
      2005, 2006 Prius
      5 Corvettes, Porsche 911, Fairlady, 3 Z Cars, Countless VWs from Bugs to Vans, to Fastbacks, and Squareback
      Buicks, Chevys, Fords,

Thanks!

Regarding my question on free wheeling, what I meant was when all drive is being provided by the gas engine via front wheels, does the rear electric motor still spin physically or is there a clutch that disengages it? Perhaps it becomes a generator to help charge the battery while providing regenerative braking?

Here is a web site that seems to address most of my other questions:
      https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...id-test-review
      It mentions that there are TWO electric drive motors, one in front and the other at the rear.
      2015 XC60 DRIVE-E T6, Platinum, Heated F. Seats, Crystal White Met, Xenon, Tech, BLIS
      Custom: Valentine mount/City Safety IR filter, Dog Seat, Superchager ind., REAL dipstick
      2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6 speed
      2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements