bmassy's 2007 XC70 Build Thread - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Today was an eventful day Thanks to Rolling Motors.
      - resonator delete, started on a catless downpipe (more adjusting needed - coming soon along with a turbo upgrade and tune).
      - changed AOC fluid and new filter
      - topped off rear diff fluid (slightly weeping seal, will get resealed soon)
      - new serpentine belt
      - new serpentine belt tensioner pulley
      - new banjo bolt (version 4) under the intake manifold
      - new thermostat
      - new coolant
      - new rear muffler hanger
      - cleared airbag warning (yay I can get inspected now)

I think that's everything lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ahhh. Youíre the reason why I couldnít put my car on the lift yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 Sonic/Nordkap MT SR with 18" Anthracite Pegs |63K Miles

00 Laser/Charcoal 2 Tone AT VR 16" Anthracite Satellites/ 17" Pegs |201K Miles

99 S70 N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueR View Post
      Ahhh. Youíre the reason why I couldnít put my car on the lift yesterday.

Oh damn

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Got my wagon dyno'd today before I start buying some performance goodies.

This was on a mustang dyno, 3rd gear pull - 4th gear - 3rd gear:
      AWHP: 155
      AWTQ: 178

Current performance mods:
      IPD fresh air pipe
      AEM filter
      IPD Throttle inlet tube
      Resonator delete

I was guesstimating 165~whp and 180~wtq

I will be doing a catless downpipe, do88 intercooler, and a 16T + tuning. I'll see what it'll do from there, if I'm not satisfied I will probably go k24.

Quote Originally Posted by bmassy View Post
      Got my wagon dyno'd today before I start buying some performance goodies.

Current performance mods:
      IPD fresh air pipe
      AEM filter
      IPD Throttle inlet tube
      Resonator delete

I was guesstimating 165~whp and 180~wtq

I will be doing a catless downpipe, do88 intercooler, and a 16T + tuning. I'll see what it'll do from there, if I'm not satisfied I will probably go k24.

Nice. Looking forward to your results.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
      2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 145k mi

That's a cool looking XC70! Enjoying the updates.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      That's a cool looking XC70! Enjoying the updates.
      Thanks man!

Made a speaker adapter ring out of mdf. Screwed up the screw holes lol. I will use this as a template to cut more using a flush trim router bit. I will probably remake this one with aligned screw holes. I will also be adding another 1/2" spacer on top of this baffle to be equivalent to the factory baffle depth.
      Used rivets to mount the baffles to with some machine screws.

I wonder how much power the AWD saps. My FWD V70t got 183 hp bone stock with 140K miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robdiesel View Post
      I wonder how much power the AWD saps. My FWD V70t got 183 hp bone stock with 140K miles on it.
      Quite a bit unfortunately. I've got 173k on her and climbing

So I picked up a 16T locally for 150$, the guy said it has a upgraded cbv and a 11 blade wheel with 5k on the turbo rebuild. Seems to spin good and no shaft play. I will have the turbo looked over by Rolling Motors and tested before installing. Guess lll have to see what this little guy can push out. If not satisfied then I'll dive into a k24 lol.

That 16t CHRA has the coolant ports in the wrong location for your engine. Should have both coolant ports located on one side (back) of the CHRA. Also, do you have a picture of the hot side casting number?

If you feel like the 16t is inadequate I suggest going for the 19t over the K24.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherzoll View Post
      That 16t CHRA has the coolant ports in the wrong location for your engine. Should have both coolant ports located on one side (back) of the CHRA. Also, do you have a picture of the hot side casting number?

If you feel like the 16t is inadequate I suggest going for the 19t over the K24.

Hmm. It came off a 2001 v70 t5

Hmm. It came off a 2001 v70 t5

Ok, good. The hot side is the larger 7cm^2 housing. You could make something work with the coolant ports, it's just no longer a direct swap with the existing hardware.

Ok, good. The hot side is the larger 7cm^2 housing. You could make something work with the coolant ports, it's just no longer a direct swap with the existing hardware.

Not a big deal I don't think. So what year CHRA would be required for a direct fit? All the TD04 CHRA fit all The TD04 turbos if I'm correct?

2002-

Well did I not luck out!

Stock 16T with a 7cm2 exhaust housing for $160. Bought it off a guy who had it in storage for over a year. Came off of a 2002 S60 T5 with 140k km. The shaft is a little bit loose, and it can use a bit of a cleaning, but that's not why I bought it.

There are subtle differences​ between the two castings, but the OE housing feels like it is made of a better alloy and just looks like a better casting. Going to return this other housing ASAP!

Dropped the wagon off for inspection, hope it passes lmfao. Yesterday at about 9:45pm I threw a cel for P0133 (slow response from o2 Bank 1) and P2281 (air leak between maf and tb). I wasn't home, I was chilling with some buddies. Popped the hood checked some hoses. IC to TB seemed tight and on pretty good, motor was still hot from just driving, the turbo fresh air pipe seemed snug. Lines to the tcv seemed to be in good shape, although I found one that had a decent amount of slack on it, I think it goes I to the compressor housing but couldn't see and too hot to stick my hand back there. I pushed it towards the turbo and reset the cel. I also twice yesterday when I started my car my rpms dropped to about 500 before going back up to 750/765 idle. So deff a leak somewhere, it also stalled once when idling. After pushing that hose it started up no problems, drove it home (20mi highway) and today for work I drove about 15mi no faster than 40mph. Hope the emissions is ready lol. My luck, they start her up and a cel comes on or stalls lol. Have not done any motor related work since last Wednesday (4/10/19). I did drive at leas 300mi yesterday before having any issues.

Cars readiness monitors were not set, of course. Time to drive it.

Had ordered ipd tcv hose kit, got around doing it today. I think the worst part of this was taking out the ipd intake tube. Didn't help that my car was still relatively warm lol.
      Surprisingly the compressor line clamp was able to come off with me just pressing my fingers down on the clamp. Kind of difficult to get a needle nose in there, you need a short and thin one FYI.
      The stock lines looked pretty decent actually. No cracks or anything (174k miles).
      This morning my car started then stalled on me (prior to installed the new hoses).
      After installation I fired her up and left her idle for 15 mins while I cleaned up. Car ran the whole time, no unusual surges. Cross my fingers it's fixed. I still don't have a CEL.

I have code reader and when I plug it in it tells me 7 ready monitors and 0 incomplete and like 5 or 4 NA. I'm assuming the car can go for an inspection again?

So went out for a ride, car started and surged later driving I got a CEL for p2188 running rich. I'm on the original o2 sensor upstream, that could possibly cause it I think?

When the front O2 goes bad itís going to run rich. But I think you would have an O2 as well? Maybe itís just not throwing a code yet.

99 S70 N/A

Previously it said o2 bank 1 slow response so I'm thinking it's on its way out.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueR View Post
      When the front O2 goes bad itís going to run rich. But I think you would have an O2 as well? Maybe itís just not throwing a code yet.

Not sure if this helps? I did order a sensor, won't be here till Wednesday. Was going to go Autozone or someone else locally until I found they're 80$ more than Amazon lol.

Yeah Iíd bet itís the front O2 with both those codes.

99 S70 N/A

Replaced the o2 sensor today. The new one is on the left and the old on the right in the picture below. This is a Bosch 17137 unit. Most difficult part was getting the ipd fresh air pipe to seat properly on the turbo. What a pia lol. I had to remove it and push it up to reach the clip to plug in the new one.

Car started fine. Drove it like 25 miles, cel still on, cleared the code, let it idle for a couple mins then went inside.

Went out about 4 hours later, drove fine. 1 hour 45 mins later I start it up, car surged and stalled. , no cel yet.. Hopefully tomorrow I get a code to diagnose further. . My LTFT shows - 5.5 which I think is good? Not sure if that helps lol.

Code came up today, P0133 o2 bank 1 slow response again . I'm going to check for an exhaust leak and make sure all the bolts on the OEM downpipe are tight.

P0131*--*ECM-248D -- Front heated oxygen sensor, bank 1*--*Signal too low*
      P0132*--*ECM-248C -- Front heated oxygen sensor, bank 1*--*Signal too high*
      P0133*--*ECM-242D -- Front heated oxygen sensor, bank 1*--*Signal missing*

Maybe an issue with the connector or wiring.

I plan on double checking. Connector looked clean when I installed it. But my maf at idle 3.05-3.20g/s lol

P0131*--*ECM-248D -- Front heated oxygen sensor, bank 1*--*Signal too low*
      P0132*--*ECM-248C -- Front heated oxygen sensor, bank 1*--*Signal too high*
      P0133*--*ECM-242D -- Front heated oxygen sensor, bank 1*--*Signal missing*

Maybe an issue with the connector or wiring.

So I got my vida laptop and my dice working, I checked the readings for both o2 sensors and both are changing (quickly up and down). Both seem to be working fine. I cleaned my maf and now it reads 10.3kg/h at idle all I did was spray some crc cleaner on it from 5-10" away. Gonna go snag a sensor from a junked xc70 before I buy a new one to see if that's causing it.

I did clear the codes because I have not cleared them previously after cleaning my maf sensor. I plan on scanning again after driving 100 miles or so.

So today I went to the junkyard and grabbed a oem maf sensor from another 07 xc along with oem boost pressure solenoid (as a backup).
      Also received my fcpeuro shipment in of the front and rear engine mounts and trans torque mount.
      The front was not difficult to do but when I lowered the motor, it kept getting stuck on the passenger side mount (see pic #6). I got a small metal "pipe" I had lying around and a hammer and hit the mount to allow the motor to fall into place (I did have a jack underneath so it didn't fall lol).

After changing both (didn't have time for the rear) I went to go move my car off my ramps and it started and died. Tried again, same thing. So I loaded up vida to find ECM-242D o2 bank 1 slow regulation and ECM-640D turbo control signal too low. Found out my intercooler pipe popped off lol.
      Fixed that, car started fine, also swapped the maf sensor after cleaning it and letting it dry, maf read the same as the one on the car before..
      Cleared codes to drive it and see if they come back. I wonder if my intercooler pipe was loose if that was messing up my o2 upstream..

Checked the dipstick, almost nothing on it... I was shocked. I never had an oil problem with this car (see second to last pic). Ran to Autozone just to top off until I change the oil (tomorrow). However I put less than 3qts and the dipstick read full.. Drove 40 miles, checked the dipstick, still shows full. There's no leaks under the motor or any smoking. Coolant looks normal too.

Where'd my oil go? I checked it with the motor off and warm..

So now I occasionally get a surge after a warm start and I get this code : Ecm-640d - Turbo control signal too low. So I figured I would clean the connector to the TCV before anything else. Well go figure, I found both wire insulation cut and damaged. The wires look corroded past fixing. Do I just get a new plug and cut before the open wires and connect? Or should I get a plug from a junked xc70 and solder it on?

https://www.permatex.com/products/ad...ectrical-tape/

...but you didn't hear it from me.

https://www.permatex.com/products/ad...ectrical-tape/

...but you didn't hear it from me.

Oh dammmm. I think Ima grab a junked xc pigtail and solder it on.

Well I replaced the connector, soldered it up and no bueno.
      The connector is exactly the same as a fuel injector plug (I think that's where It came from, junked car had no injectors or rail but looks like it).
      See the pic for the codes I'm getting now.
      I just cleaned my boost pressure sensor located at the outlet of the intercooler (cleaned with maf cleaner)
      No change. Car started and surged but leveled off.
      Now I'm pulling at hairs. Any suggestions welcomed

So I was dataloging today, I'm no pro at this FYI. While speaking to Ben at Rolling Motors he was pointing me in the right direction but my boost pressure sensor was reading 2560 hpa, take away barometric of 1000, I get 1560 hpa which = 22.6lbs psi. There's no way my turbo is putting out that much boost, especially if I only made 155awhp not to long ago lol. I'm going to try to unplug my tcv and take a reading on the same road and mashing the pedal to see what the difference is.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast