Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      im pretty sure he meant keyfob battery

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Okidiver View Post
      You got the BMS reset, right? If not, as I understand it, you won't get a full charge on your brand new battery.
      Yes-- I was referring to the key fob battery. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. And thanks for the heads up about the reset for the regular car battery-- I didn't know about that!
      2017 T5 Momentum+, Osmium Gray, Amber Leather, B&W, Vision.
      2005 Tacoma S5 4x4, Silver, 130K miles strong.

There's discussion on the BMS reset thing--VIDA only, I believe--I for one am not happy about it, but modern cars...sigh...
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Okidiver View Post
      There's discussion on the BMS reset thing--VIDA only, I believe--I for one am not happy about it, but modern cars...sigh...
      How do you get vida account. I have it installed in my laptop but I don’t have an account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to subscriptions from menu and sign up for a 3-day ($), 30-day ($$) or 365-day subscription ($$$$$) at https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....criptions.main.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      Go to subscriptions from menu and sign up for a 3-day ($), 30-day ($$) or 365-day subscription ($$$$$) at https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....criptions.main.

So this pricing is for the app? Lol vdash is free.

You will need to see what the actual prices are for the current content downloads and updates are. I am not a user of VIDA myself. I think the cost of a 3-day subscription is about $70. Here is a pic of the subscription page.

2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

You will need to see what the actual prices are for the current content downloads and updates are. I am not a user of VIDA myself. I think the cost of a 3-day subscription is about $70. Here is a pic of the subscription page.

So you still have to pay for the software even if you pay for say 3 day subscription

Keyless Entry Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by anewman644 View Post
      So you still have to pay for the software even if you pay for say 3 day subscription

That is beyond my pay grade as I do not personally use VIDA or the software downloads. I think there could be an additional cost for certain software packages, such as compatible IntelliSafe mitigation upgrades.

You might search that thread on the SPA MY16+ as there is at least one person who has done it. Hopefully, someone can provide you with that additional guidance.

Mine has been acting up. Sporadic delays in unlocking.

Changing the remote battery fixed it.

Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Keyless Entry Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      Mine has been acting up. Sporadic delays in unlocking.

Changing the remote battery fixed it.

I changed my remote battery to one I got from eBay and still the same problem. 3v battery. Oh well I tried this morning and seemed to work intermittently, maybe I need new set of batteries but not from eBay!

Last edited by anewman644; 03-04-2019 at 08:35 AM.

My 2017 just started having that problem and it's with all the keys including the sport key. It all started to happen after my latest visit and service and update to sensus in Oct 2019. I guess I have to go back to the dealer since it never had any issues for the 2 years of ownership with keyless entry, and the fact that its intermittent with all 3 keys make me suspect it's either a faulty sensor on the door or the software upgrade caused it.
      '17 XC90 | '95 E36 M3 Turner Motorsport Chipped | '14 Infiniti QX70 | '94 Supra 6 speed single Turbo | '94 Supra TT Auto | '16 Civic EX-T Hondata Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by m95c View Post
      My 2017 just started having that problem and it's with all the keys including the sport key. It all started to happen after my latest visit and service and update to sensus in Oct 2019. I guess I have to go back to the dealer since it never had any issues for the 2 years of ownership with keyless entry, and the fact that its intermittent with all 3 keys make me suspect it's either a faulty sensor on the door or the software upgrade caused it.
      My driver door handle was replaced as it became intermittent. The service advisor indicated something to the effect that it lost or would not retain its coding. Not sure if that is exactly right, but mine was a hardware issue. FWIW. Make sure that you can show them.

My driver door handle was replaced as it became intermittent. The service advisor indicated something to the effect that it lost or would not retain its coding. Not sure if that is exactly right, but mine was a hardware issue. FWIW. Make sure that you can show them.

Thanks. That sounds more like a faulty hardware that I may be experiencing. I'll give the service advisor a call on Monday.
      '17 XC90 | '95 E36 M3 Turner Motorsport Chipped | '14 Infiniti QX70 | '94 Supra 6 speed single Turbo | '94 Supra TT Auto | '16 Civic EX-T Hondata Tuned

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2