From my 2019 XC60 manual:For automatic car washes in which the vehicle is pulled forward on rolling wheels:
- Before washing the vehicle, make sure that the automatic rain sensor is deactivated. If it is not deactivated and inadvertently starts, the wiper arms could be damaged.
- To help prevent damage from the automatic car wash machinery, make sure that the door mirrors are folded in, antennas retracted or removed, and any auxiliary lights secured.
- Drive into the automatic car wash.
- Turn off the "Automatic Braking when Stationary" function using the button in the tunnel console.
- Turn off the "Automatic Parking Brake Application" function in the center display's Top view.
- Turn off the engine by turning the start knob in the tunnel console clockwise. Hold the knob in position for at least 2 seconds.
The vehicle is now ready for the automatic car wash.
Why would I need to do that, especially if I did all that other stuff (like disabling auto brakes)?