Volvo really a Luxury car?? - Page 6
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Results 176 to 197 of 197
    1. #176
      Quote Originally Posted by cometguy View Post
      It's actually not so funny to compare Volvo with Porsche. They both sell relatively small numbers of cars compared to other luxury German brands. An XC60 and a Macan have a lot in common, in terms of both being small SUVs and the prices (if you take a base Macan without extra options) are similar. So if you take a new XC60 at around USD 50k vs. a new base Macan at around USD 50k, most people would take the Macan, hands down, I think. I'm actually debating between a 2019 V60 Cross Country and a 2019 Macan, both 4 cylinders. The prices are similar (the Macan with my options may end up being roughly $5k more). The V60 has more space, the Macan more interior practicality and better driving dynamics.

      As an owner of both Volvos and Porsches, I appreciate both and feel that both are better than the other German luxury brands by a long shot (at least those German cars under $100k). Volvo is a luxury brand, for sure -- at least they have placed themselves in that position; they have plush interiors, their seating is perhaps the best in the business, and the price tags are in luxury territory for sure (anything over USD 40k-45k is luxury, in the eyes of the general public these days). So, as a personal owner of both for some time, I do not think it's at all funny to compare Porsche and Volvo. Volvo does some things better, and Porsche does some things better. Porsche has survived in large part because of its entry into the SUV market the last 15 years (Cayenne, then Macan), making the purchase of Porsches (especially CPO used ones) very affordable to the masses.
      Again, you're comparing Volvo's top of the line with a Macan. My Volvo S60 (15.5) without sports seats is "OK" but by no where near plush. I had a Mazda 6 and those seats were like walking on cloud 9. Maybe Volvo's XC90 / Sport seats are nicer than the S60s....But plush isn't a word to describe the S60's seats.

      So I believe like others stated, Volvo has staggered their line from "basic and less premium" to upscale (xc90). Of course, the new 2019 S60 looks far more plush. And upscale with leather everything.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #177
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      650
      I built a loaded 19 Macan S on Porsche’s website, and it can to like $78,XXX.00. A loaded Xc60 T6 Inscription is under $70k. I think you get way more car with the Volvo. Sure, the Porsche will offer a better “driving experience”, but I just use a car to get from point A to B. My days of exhilarating driving are done, so I could care less about AN SUV handling well.
      2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD FSD
      18 XC60 T6 Inscription- everything except lux seating
      12 VW Eos Executive
      Past Volvo’s: 2016 V60 T5 Platinum FWD, 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription

    4. #178
      Junior Member volvoxc9008's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      507
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      To compare Porsche and Volvo is not funny, but it is SUPER funny

      Perhaps according to American standards you can compare pears and apples, it is impossible in Europe and the rest of the world

      The basic model of Porsche Macan 245HP 4 cylinders 58,760 EUR, with all additional equipment 126,300 EUR

      Top model Volvo XC60 INSCRIPTION T5, 250HP 57,450 EUR, with all available additional equipment EUR 82,000

      How much do you do not know the car world enough is your comparison of the Volvo transmission with a Porsche transmission.
      The Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with Aisin gearbox - simply impossible to compare

      Volvo skipped Audi, Merecedes, BMW, became a direct competitor to Porsche - this is the best joke of the year
      Well the BASIC model of the XC60 in the US has 250 hp (that's the T5). The load price of a T5 Inscription is $68K in the US.

      The BASIC model of the Macan in the US has 254 hp. The loaded price when I built it was $74k in the US.

      These are very comparable numbers.

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #179
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,133
      Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post
      Well the BASIC model of the XC60 in the US has 250 hp (that's the T5). The load price of a T5 Inscription is $68K in the US.

      The BASIC model of the Macan in the US has 254 hp. The loaded price when I built it was $74k in the US.

      These are very comparable numbers.


      Put all the equipment that has the T5 Inscription model has on the model Macan , then tell me the price

      A lot of equipment that is serial in the T5 Inscription model is an additional equipment in Macan

      Here is list:
      - Leather Interior in Agate Grey $4,160
      -ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Surround View $1,200 S
      -Lane Keep Assist (LKA) incl. Lane Change Assist (LCA) $1,380
      Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) $1,170
      -Heated Windshield $450
      -Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur $1,800
      -Premium Package Plus $6,500
      Panoramic Roof System
      Seat Heating (front and rear)
      Seat Ventilation (front)
      Porsche Entry & Drive
      Auto-Dimming Mirrors
      Bose® Surround Sound System
      Apple CarPlay® incl. Siri®
      Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
      Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

      In the end, Macan has 248HP and not how you say 254HP




      Simply impossible to compare Volvo and Porsche, Porsche is a class well above VOLVO. Porsche is class above Audi, MB, BMW

      It's not enough to make a good seat and a nice interior to make the car a premium class
      It should be a lot more, a good engine, transmission, suspension, service, quality of material usage, troubleshooting, etc ....
      If Hyundai makes a new model with comfortable seats and fine interiors, is it a premium class, of course not

      Volvo is a company that went bankrupt and failed in 1999 Europa not recognize Volvo as a premium class (Audi, BMW, Mercedes)
      Last edited by BigBang; 01-04-2019 at 11:04 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    7. #180
      Member chillg8r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Durham, NC
      Posts
      1,282
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post


      ]Simply impossible to compare Volvo and Porsche, Porsche is a class well above VOLVO. Porsche is class above Audi, MB, BMW
      This other Porsche and Volvo owner who posted in a different thread would disagree: “We also have a Macan S. Each day I am continually impressed how good the Volvo compares, outshining the Porsche in most regards other than handling and exhaust note.”

      To each his own I suppose? I personally own a 2017 XC90 and my brother owns a Porsche and we would both say that the are competitive wrt luxury......

      I’m always amazed that to some people (not a shot at you)if a car/SUV isn’t the best vehicle in its class then it sucks but I think being one of the top 5 vehicles in its class IN THE WORLD wrt performance is pretty good. Good enough for me anyways.

      JMO


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”

    8. #181
      Junior Member volvoxc9008's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      507
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post


      Put all the equipment that has the T5 Inscription model has on the model Macan , then tell me the price

      A lot of equipment that is serial in the T5 Inscription model is an additional equipment in Macan

      Here is list:
      - Leather Interior in Agate Grey $4,160
      -ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Surround View $1,200 S
      -Lane Keep Assist (LKA) incl. Lane Change Assist (LCA) $1,380
      Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) $1,170
      -Heated Windshield $450
      -Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur $1,800
      -Premium Package Plus $6,500
      Panoramic Roof System
      Seat Heating (front and rear)
      Seat Ventilation (front)
      Porsche Entry & Drive
      Auto-Dimming Mirrors
      Bose® Surround Sound System
      Apple CarPlay® incl. Siri®
      Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
      Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

      In the end, Macan has 248HP and not how you say 254HP




      Simply impossible to compare Volvo and Porsche, Porsche is a class well above VOLVO. Porsche is class above Audi, MB, BMW

      It's not enough to make a good seat and a nice interior to make the car a premium class
      It should be a lot more, a good engine, transmission, suspension, service, quality of material usage, troubleshooting, etc ....
      If Hyundai makes a new model with comfortable seats and fine interiors, is it a premium class, of course not

      Volvo is a company that went bankrupt and failed in 1999 Europa not recognize Volvo as a premium class (Audi, BMW, Mercedes)
      Actually you're incorrect, the Macan makes 252 hp, in the US at least. Again, like I said in my original comment to you,
      "Well the BASIC model of the XC60 in the US has 250 hp (that's the T5). The loaded price of a T5 Inscription is $68K in the US.

      The BASIC model of the Macan in the US has 254 hp. The loaded price when I built it was $74k in the US." This is when both were similarly optioned, actually I added every package to the Porsche except for black out package and other various appearance packages. You keep talking about Europe, however; the majority of people in this thread are from the US and referring to the US... Also, funny how you say the XC60 isn't in the luxury class, yet it was THE MOST AWARDED luxury SUV in its class in 2017. But, argue regardless I guess...

    9. #182
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      39,131
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post




      Volvo is a company that went bankrupt and failed in 1999
      You are wrong but I know you have already made up your mind...
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

    10. #183
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,133
      Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post
      Actually you're incorrect, the Macan makes 252 hp, in the US at least. Again, like I said in my original comment to you,
      "Well the BASIC model of the XC60 in the US has 250 hp (that's the T5). The loaded price of a T5 Inscription is $68K in the US.

      The BASIC model of the Macan in the US has 254 hp. The loaded price when I built it was $74k in the US." This is when both were similarly optioned, actually I added every package to the Porsche except for black out package and other various appearance packages. You keep talking about Europe, however; the majority of people in this thread are from the US and referring to the US... Also, funny how you say the XC60 isn't in the luxury class, yet it was THE MOST AWARDED luxury SUV in its class in 2017. But, argue regardless I guess...

      You know better than Porsche USA
      NO COMMENT




      I can not see Volvo here
      https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...17-luxury-suvs

      or

      https://www.motortrend.com/news/merc...v-of-the-year/


      Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post

      Also, funny how you say the XC60 isn't in the luxury class, yet it was THE MOST AWARDED luxury SUV in its class in 2017. But, argue regardless I guess...
      I did not know that the Mazda CX5 is a luxury class
      Volvo XC won ahead of Mazda CX 5 and Range Rover Velar

      https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...ced/ar-BBK0OzD

      https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle38352456/
      http://www.worldcarawards.com/web/

      https://www.firstpost.com/auto/featu...n-4381439.html

      Volvo is not a winner in the luxury car class, but in the class SUV for 2018 not 2017 .
      Last edited by BigBang; 01-05-2019 at 11:27 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    11. #184
      Junior Member volvoxc9008's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      507
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      You know better than Porsche USA
      NO COMMENT


      I can not see Volvo here
      https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...17-luxury-suvs

      or

      https://www.motortrend.com/news/merc...v-of-the-year/




      I did not know that the Mazda CX5 is a luxury class
      Volvo XC won ahead of Mazda CX 5 and Range Rover Velar

      https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...ced/ar-BBK0OzD

      https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle38352456/
      http://www.worldcarawards.com/web/

      https://www.firstpost.com/auto/featu...n-4381439.html

      Volvo is not a winner in the luxury car class, but in the class SUV for 2018 not 2017 .
      Sorry I was looking at the 2018 Macan which has 252 hp. Besides, in you're original post you said Volvo couldn't compete with Porsche because it's way less expensive, however, I proved you wrong. So instead you choose to draw attention to the fact that I said the Porsche has 252 hp when in fact it now has 248, wow what a big deal a drop in 4 hp is .... Also being crowned Car of the Year is a way bigger honor than being crowned luxury car of the year because it take account all cars including those in the luxury class. Also you copy and pasted a link from motor trend that was made in 2016, the XC60 wasn't even out then. What did you expect, for it to win before it was even released?? It was named World Car of The Year, other luxury cars were in the running and lost against it...

    12. #185
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,133
      Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post
      Sorry I was looking at the 2018 Macan which has 252 hp. Besides, in you're original post you said Volvo couldn't compete with Porsche because it's way less expensive, however, I proved you wrong. So instead you choose to draw attention to the fact that I said the Porsche has 252 hp when in fact it now has 248, wow what a big deal a drop in 4 hp is .... Also being crowned Car of the Year is a way bigger honor than being crowned luxury car of the year because it take account all cars including those in the luxury class. Also you copy and pasted a link from motor trend that was made in 2016, the XC60 wasn't even out then. What did you expect, for it to win before it was even released?? It was named World Car of The Year, other luxury cars were in the running and lost against it...
      You obviously do not know what you wrote:
      "The BASIC model of the Macan in the US has 254 hp"

      The Link from the Motor Trend is just to show you who Winner is for 2017, You wrote that this is the Volvo XC60

      Because if the Volvo XC60 is a luxury car then it is the Mazda CX5 They competed in the same category

      THIS IS 2018 World Luxury Car:

      - Audi A8

      - Porsche Cayenne

      - Porsche Panamera


      How important and essential that the title of show winners of before:
      Here are prior winners of the World Car award:

      2017: Jaguar F-Pace
      2016: Mazda MX-5
      2015: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
      2014: Audi A3
      2013: Volkswagen Golf
      2012: Volkswagen Up
      2011: Nissan Leaf
      2010: Volkswagen Polo
      2009: Volkswagen Golf
      2008: Mazda2
      2007: Lexus LS 460
      2006: BMW 3 Series
      2005: Audi A6


      Here's proof of how important it is to win:
      https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/b...st-family-suvs
      https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...y-compact-suvs

      Conclusion for the end: Volvo is not a luxury car, at least in Europe and the rest of the world

      Enjoy your imaginary luxury Volvo

      BYE-BYE
      Last edited by BigBang; 01-05-2019 at 01:25 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    13. #186
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Posts
      63
      Enjoy your imaginary luxury Volvo

      BYE-BYE[/QUOTE]

      When you say BYE-BYE, do you mean it? Are you going to finally stop posting on this forum?

    14. #187
      Junior Member SeabeckS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Seabeck, WA, USA
      Posts
      579
      Quote Originally Posted by 5thOne View Post
      Enjoy your imaginary luxury Volvo

      BYE-BYE
      When you say BYE-BYE, do you mean it? Are you going to finally stop posting on this forum?[/QUOTE]

      Some of us certainly hope so...

    15. #188
      Junior Member volvoxc9008's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      507
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      You obviously do not know what you wrote:
      "The BASIC model of the Macan in the US has 254 hp"

      The Link from the Motor Trend is just to show you who Winner is for 2017, You wrote that this is the Volvo XC60

      Because if the Volvo XC60 is a luxury car then it is the Mazda CX5 They competed in the same category

      THIS IS 2018 World Luxury Car:



      Conclusion for the end: Volvo is not a luxury car, at least in Europe and the rest of the world

      Enjoy your imaginary luxury Volvo

      BYE-BYE
      I wrote "yet it was THE MOST AWARDED luxury SUV in its class in 2017," so it still doesn't make sense why you mentioned an article on a GLC. Also still wondering why you didn't respond to my original point about the price of the Macan V. XC60. Maybe it's because you know you're wrong. But have a nice day.

    16. #189
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,133
      Quote Originally Posted by 5thOne View Post
      Enjoy your imaginary luxury Volvo

      BYE-BYE
      When you say BYE-BYE, do you mean it? Are you going to finally stop posting on this forum?[/QUOTE]


      Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
      When you say BYE-BYE, do you mean it? Are you going to finally stop posting on this forum?
      Some of us certainly hope so...[/QUOTE]





      I must disappoint you, I will continue to write the truth, but on the other topics


      PS: you may need to learn how to Reply With Quote, what should be deleted from the allegations and what not
      Last edited by BigBang; 01-06-2019 at 02:20 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    17. #190
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,133
      Quote Originally Posted by volvoxc9008 View Post
      I wrote "yet it was THE MOST AWARDED luxury SUV in its class in 2017," so it still doesn't make sense why you mentioned an article on a GLC. Also still wondering why you didn't respond to my original point about the price of the Macan V. XC60. Maybe it's because you know you're wrong. But have a nice day.
      """I wrote "yet it was THE MOST AWARDED luxury SUV in its class in 2017,"""" --- which is this award and who awards it, please link


      This is the price for the XC60 Inscription XC: $ 64,405
      https://www.volvocars.com/configuration/264Z8J2
      This is the price for Prorsche with a similar set of equipment: $ 87,410
      http://www.porsche-code.com/PKAD9JV9
      Last edited by BigBang; 01-06-2019 at 11:00 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    18. #191
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Western NY
      Posts
      66
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      How important and essential that the title of show winners of before:
      Here are prior winners of the World Car award:

      2017: Jaguar F-Pace
      I just traded in my 6 month old fully optioned F-Pace S on an XC60 because it was flaky as hell. And, build quality and cabin materials of the XC60 are superior. Go over to the F-Pace forums and read about all the people that have left that platform and / or had their cars bought back and / or are getting fed up as I did.

      So maybe those ratings don't mean that much at all?
      Last edited by .LMS.; 01-06-2019 at 09:58 AM.
      2019 XC60 T6 R-Design | Osmium Grey | Advanced Package | Polestar | Air Suspension

    19. #192
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      22
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      You obviously do not know what you wrote:
      "The BASIC model of the Macan in the US has 254 hp"

      The Link from the Motor Trend is just to show you who Winner is for 2017, You wrote that this is the Volvo XC60

      Because if the Volvo XC60 is a luxury car then it is the Mazda CX5 They competed in the same category

      THIS IS 2018 World Luxury Car:

      - Audi A8

      - Porsche Cayenne

      - Porsche Panamera


      How important and essential that the title of show winners of before:
      Here are prior winners of the World Car award:

      2017: Jaguar F-Pace
      2016: Mazda MX-5
      2015: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
      2014: Audi A3
      2013: Volkswagen Golf
      2012: Volkswagen Up
      2011: Nissan Leaf
      2010: Volkswagen Polo
      2009: Volkswagen Golf
      2008: Mazda2
      2007: Lexus LS 460
      2006: BMW 3 Series
      2005: Audi A6


      Here's proof of how important it is to win:
      https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/b...st-family-suvs
      https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...y-compact-suvs

      Conclusion for the end: Volvo is not a luxury car, at least in Europe and the rest of the world

      Enjoy your imaginary luxury Volvo

      BYE-BYE
      How can you speak for all of Europe and the rest of the world? Everyone has their own opinion on what they deem as a luxury vehicle which is fine but to say that the rest of the world does not consider Volvo to be a luxury vehicle seems to be overstepping your bounds.

      In the first link you copied and pasted above it states the following: But as a safe, comfortable, easy-to-use family SUV, it's likely to attract an equally impressive number of buyers as its predecessor, which was the best-selling SUV in Europe in its pomp despite being priced to compete at the more expensive end of the market.

      Doesn't this mean that even though Europeans had the choice of purchasing equally priced SUV's from other luxury vehicles priced at the MORE EXPENSIVE end of the market they chose to purchase the Volvo XC60?

    20. #193
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      RI
      Posts
      1,250
      When are you all going to learn to block that guy like the rest of us, all he brings is negativity.
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

    21. #194
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Western NY
      Posts
      66
      Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      When are you all going to learn to block that guy like the rest of us, all he brings is negativity.
      This is the internet - aren't we supposed to argue incessantly?
      2019 XC60 T6 R-Design | Osmium Grey | Advanced Package | Polestar | Air Suspension

    22. #195
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      355
      Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      When are you all going to learn to block that guy like the rest of us, all he brings is negativity.
      being new here..I thought to myself "is this the guy that everyone blocks?" Yes it is,lol

    23. #196
      Junior Member beers's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      SF Bay Area, U.S.
      Posts
      226
      Quote Originally Posted by .LMS. View Post
      This is the internet - aren't we supposed to argue incessantly?
      Lol, isn’t that the truth!
      2020 S60 PE, Matte Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

    24. #197
      Member lamarguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,475
      After reading this thread (and SPA forums in general), Volvo is absolutely a luxury brand. Volvo has successfully converted enough entitled BMW/Audi/MB a**holes to the brand to form a self-sustaining feedback loop of elitist negativity.

      My last vehicle was a P1 Volvo (circa 2007 - 2010) and forums members discussed solving common issues and modifications with civility. Whereas the SPA forums are crowded from unsubstantiated negativity, bickering, and entitled nonsense.
      Last edited by lamarguy; 01-09-2019 at 09:56 PM.
      OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

    25. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6