How Many Cargo Tether Hooks Come in a V90? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by C DIEM View Post
      I’ve been taken care of, so I don’t need to push anyone. I was simply trying to find out if I was the only customer with this issue. However, based on my experience with my V90 I’m less inclined than you seem to be in accepting a dealer opinion. Each to their own. Peace.
      :

Thanks,
      I will post what the dealer says.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dealer has agreed to install my tethers. They say its weird that they shipped the car without them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
      Current:
      2018 V90CC ,Osmium Grey / Blond, Luxury Package, Heads Up Display, B&W Sound, Trailer Hitch, Convenience Package, Polestar - "Julia" ,August 2017 OSD
      1987 Ferrari Testarossa - "Scarlett"
      2003 Porsche 911 - "Sally"

Sold:
      1987 Mercedes 300TD - "Veggie" ran off vegetable oil.
      2002 V70XC - "Lisbeth" - Sold 4/14/2018 with 130,202 miles.

I simply bought the two hooks and the bolts to hold them in place. $40. Cheaper than a 50-mile round trip to the dealer and waiting 45 minutes for the installation, I figger.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by porschie356 View Post
      I simply bought the two hooks and the bolts to hold them in place. $40. Cheaper than a 50-mile round trip to the dealer and waiting 45 minutes for the installation, I figger.
      Yeah makes sense. I have my 30 k service today anyway. So I had a whole list of items.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
      Current:
      2018 V90CC ,Osmium Grey / Blond, Luxury Package, Heads Up Display, B&W Sound, Trailer Hitch, Convenience Package, Polestar - "Julia" ,August 2017 OSD

Sold:

I'm having the same discussion with Volvo customer care and the dealer regarding the lack of two front tethers. . Dealer says its 'normal' i.e they ripped everyone off. Doesn't have much to say when I point out that the feature of 'tethering' does not work too well when there is nothing to tether too. Volvo customer care initially seems sympathetic and is willing to open a 'case'. Its obviously not the cost but more of the principle of it. Although the parts that cost $35 when this post was first started now can only be had for $70 at the cheapest. I think Volvo has realized that their strategy is working and that they can therefore increase the price of the tether parts for those that want to actually use the advertised tethering capability of their Volvo. A great marketing strategy. Will see what Volvo Customer Care does. If after a few emails they baulk I guess I'll give in (as much as I hate to but time is money) and buy the tethers.

Part number are: 31462873 (hook) x2
      30640966 (bolt) x2

Quote Originally Posted by SKY-KING View Post
      Thanks for the part numbers.
      Found the parts here: https://parts.volvooakpark.com/p/Vol.../31462873.html Cost $17.62 plus $1.43 for the bolt (part# 30640966)
      e
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by Iamhives View Post
      ...If after a few emails they baulk I guess I'll give in (as much as I hate to but time is money) and buy the tethers.

Don't pay for them. Owners need to demand that Volvo provide any and all parts and services they represented they would at the point of sale. If owners simply roll over and become complaisant to the whims of Volvo, Volvo will simply continue to take advantage of their customers more and more. Next thing, they'll be announcing that all warranty periods have been reduced to six months. Volvo appears to be counting on their customers being tolerant of their omission, reversal, retraction and removal of obligations Volvo made and has.

If you haven't already done so, send Volvo Customer Care an email including two citations -- (1) Page 557 of the Owners Manual (available on the website) shows four cargo area tethers and does NOT use the asterisk that they use throughout the entire Manual when mentioning items that may be options. Volvo represents that four tethers are standard equipment. Include a screen shot of the page, attach a pdf of it, provide the link to their own website of it. (2) Provide the link to their website for the Load Securing Net for the V90:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-515991/2018

Point out that the picture shows four tethers and includes the text "The net is installed flat on the cargo space floor, and has an eyelet in each corner that are hooked into the hooks on the cargo space floor." Importantly, point out that two hooks are not included with the purchase of the cargo net, nor does the text indicate that two must be purchased. The inference is that they supplied four hooks in the car to which the net attaches.

And don't trouble yourself with a visit to the dealer for installation. You can do it yourself easily (with a hex head socket or adjustable wrench). Volvo will want to ship the two hooks and two bolts to your dealer (they'll have your dealer's parts dept order them, then reimburse them). Have your dealer's parts dept ship them to you.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

When I went through this with Customer Care, they were eventually willing to pay for the two additional hooks that were already installed. (I had demanded them after delivery.) Before I had to go that route my dealer decided to eat the cost.

FYI,
      I talked to my dealer in Concord, NH today about this while my car was in for the 20k mile service. Their stance was that it was my issue, different cars come with different trim packages and this one didn't have it. Granted, this is the T6 with the Convenience Package & Luxury package, but that doesn't matter... They wouldn't budge and quoted me $288 to install the 2 hooks saying the parts were $120/side.

I showed them in real time I could buy the applicable hooks and the 2 bolts for <$40/side online delivered, but they just shrugged their shoulders...

Ironically, my rather base level stock XC60 loaner car had 4 such hooks, but such is life.
      Jon
      1995 Volvo 850 T-5R (Black)
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar (Black)

I pushed Volvo on this and they (customer service via email) eventually agreed they would pay to have them added. This was after the dealer pushed back saying not having them was 'normal'. Now waiting for them to arrive at the dealer and have them installed during my 10k visit. Its not the money but the principle of it. If people roll over, companies/dealers will continue to try and get one over on us all.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlapjc View Post
      FYI,
      I talked to my dealer in Concord, NH today about this while my car was in for the 20k mile service. Their stance was that it was my issue, different cars come with different trim packages and this one didn't have it. Granted, this is the T6 with the Convenience Package & Luxury package, but that doesn't matter... They wouldn't budge and quoted me $288 to install the 2 hooks saying the parts were $120/side.

I showed them in real time I could buy the applicable hooks and the 2 bolts for <$40/side online delivered, but they just shrugged their shoulders...

Ironically, my rather base level stock XC60 loaner car had 4 such hooks, but such is life.
      Jon
      Just contact Volvo customer care. I had them say in the email that the hooks were supposed to be there. Then I contacted my dealer about it. The dealer gave me the parts because I said that I'd install them. The manual clearly shows the car having it. To use the accessory cargo net, you have to have them

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
      Current:

Sold:

How have I missed this thread?

Going to have these added, whether at my expense or Volvo's. I'm excited it seems to be a fairly easy fix.
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

Do it yourself. It's about as hard as putting the top back on a Coke bottle.

If Volvo isn't paying the dealership for the labor I'll do it myself.
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

Quote Originally Posted by Iamhives View Post
      See other active threads regarding Traffic Link/Weather but in short I'm being told (by XM and dealer) that Traffic Link/Weather service (which uses data from SiriusXM and is used by the TravelLink app and the traffic tab in the Nav/Ahead function) does not come with MY18 cars. MY17 or before apprarently came with 4 years but MY18 (at least V90's) came with no 4 years, not even a trial since the Sirius 6 month trial that did come with the MY8's only covers Sirius audio. This is different than RTTI which is included. Just another example of penny pinching.
      Not true my s90 came with 4 year of free Travelinkg weather .

Volvo S90 2018
      ESN/Radio ID: 16JKAxxx
      Infotainment:
      SiriusXM Travel Link® Complimentary Trial
      SiriusXM Traffic Complimentary Trial
      4-Year Plan
      End Date: 06/20/2022
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

The first time I started seeing Weather on my 2018 V90 was when I received a complimentary 6-month restart of Sirius. It was not there during the initial Sirius trial that came on delivery in July 2018.

I spoke to Volvo customer care yesterday (10/31) about this; the response from the representative was that the US market only came with two hooks, in the rear - other markets (Canada and European) had all 4.
      “How was I supposed to use the cargo net?”, I asked her. Even had her go to the page in the manual showing 4 hooks. Her response was to go to a dealer and have them install the other 2 hooks!
      Congrats to you V90CC owners that got Volvo customer care to supply the hooks or have Volvo pay to have them added - i got no where with them, even after speaking to a supposed supervisor!
      Also, where can you buy the hooks for $40? Cheapest price I’ve seen is $35 apiece, plus $2 for each bolt!

Interesting. Either way, I'll add the two hooks.

Meanwhile, if they really cheaped out by reducing the hook count to two... says something about Volvo in the US. If that's true, whoever made that decision desperately needs to be replaced. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same person removing the seat folding buttons among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Interesting. Either way, I'll add the two hooks.

Meanwhile, if they really cheaped out by reducing the hook count to two... says something about Volvo in the US. If that's true, whoever made that decision desperately needs to be replaced. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same person removing the seat folding buttons among other things.
      Amen to that brother. A hoooole saving pennies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What other things were eliminated?
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

My 2018 CPO V90 CC came with two. A while back, after reading this thread I contacted Volvo USA customer service. Here's a quick synopsis of a lot of back and forth:

Me: My 2018 V90 CC only has two cargo hooks. My 2016 XC60 had four; my wife's 2016 XC70 has four.

Volvo rep: Your car comes with only two.

Me: I want to be able to use the cargo net that I already bought. The owner's manual shows four hooks as standard equipment. Volvo's website shows the cargo net as an accessory for the 2018 V90 CC, using four hooks.

Volvo rep: The owner's manual is wrong.The website is wrong, we are in the process of correcting it. Please send me a receipt for the net and I will issue a refund.

Me: I do not want a refund; I want to use my cargo net.

Volvo rep: It is not possible to add two additional hooks to your car.

Me: Please see the attached photos of the mounting brackets after I removed the plastic covers where the hooks should be. Please also see the two links to Volvo USA's parts catalog showing the hooks and the required bolts for a 2018 V90 CC. (Thanks to the poster above for providing these)

Please just send me the parts. It will take me less than ten minutes to install them. If you cannot do this, please connect me with a supervisor. Thank you.

Volvo rep: Volvo USA will be pleased to pay to have these installed. Please make an appointment with your local dealer and let me know the dealer's name, and when the appointment is set for.

Congrats to you! I had no such luck even after speaking to a supervisor...what number did you call for Volvo customer service - I’ll give them another try...

This was via opening a case on the web site. https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/homeV3

Australian experience

Quote Originally Posted by C DIEM View Post
      I am having a rather unusual discussion with my dealer regarding my 2018 OSD V90 T6RD. When the vehicle was delivered in the US, I discovered that it had only the two cargo tether loops (what Volvo calls "eyelets" in the manual) near the tailgate along with two plastic blanks behind the rear seat where the other two loops should be. (These four loops are shown in the manual as the method to secure large cargo with crisscrossed straps.) I had the second pair installed, but my dealer is saying that I must pay for them since the vehicle is manufactured with only two of the necessary four loops. The other two are extra cost. I find this to be an unbelievable position for them to take. Can one or more of you confirm that you received all four loops with your vehicle without paying extra for them? Thanks for your help.

Joe

Dear Joe,

I agree with you. Two eyelets at the rear only do not make sense. How is one to secure a load in this way? I had the same experience with my newly bought V90CC here in Australia. The dealer tried to get out by saying this is the 'Spec' my car came in.
      I contacted Volvo Australia and politely pointed out that this is hardly a good reflection on Volvo's Safety Philosophy. Volvo Australia responded quickly and I had 2 more eyelets installed for free at my dealership.

Regards
      Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by DirkOzzie View Post
      Two eyelets at the rear only do not make sense.
      Dirk,
      Based on the responses in this thread I infer that some regions had to meet different price points than others and that the people responsible for making that happen started to get creative. However, creativity and stupidity are not synonyms.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by gak View Post
      Volvo rep: It is not possible to add two additional hooks to your car.

Volvo rep: Volvo USA will be pleased to pay to have these installed. Please make an appointment with your local dealer and let me know the dealer's name, and when the appointment is set for.
      How deeply. Deeply. Embarrassing for Volvo USA.

I can't recommend the brand when scum like this represent it in this country.

So sad.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

My V90CC VOR came with 4 metallic and net.. like in this pic
      detail_02.jpg
      RU1
      -------------------------------------
      2019 - VOLVO V90CC T6 VOR

Quote Originally Posted by ru1 View Post
      My V90CC VOR came with 4 metallic and net.. like in this pic
      detail_02.jpg
      Same with my VOR, and I make use of it.

Hmmm. I have it on my OR too. Never used it. Wonder if I could transport my cat that way so he's not moving around the cabin....

Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      Hmmm. I have it on my OR too. Never used it. Wonder if I could transport my cat that way so he's not moving around the cabin....
      Volvo has accessories (cages) for dogs (not sure if good for cats).. but if you are thinking of just putting the cat there on a leash.. be sure to use a leash like the one on the picture.. and not the neck ones.. or else you might kill the cat..

71NqQRjvTYL._SY355_.jpg
      RU1
      -------------------------------------
      2019 - VOLVO V90CC T6 VOR

Quote Originally Posted by ru1 View Post
      Volvo has accessories (cages) for dogs (not sure if good for cats).. but if you are thinking of just putting the cat there on a leash.. be sure to use a leash like the one on the picture.. and not the neck ones.. or else you might kill the cat..

71NqQRjvTYL._SY355_.jpg
      For his safety, he's always in a carrier when in the car. As for the leash, when he permits it, the one I put on is in fact a harness that's similar to what's pictured.

Attachment 56239

Using the information on this thread, I emailed Volvo Customer Care and asked to have the anchors and bolts shipped to me. They pushed back, and so did I, and then they contacted my dealer. The dealer called me to clarify the request and worked with VCC to have VCC pay for the parts. UPS should be delivering the anchors and bolts later today.

Thanks to the board members for the details to make this possible!

It depends on the dealer

I live in a city that has two Volvo dealers. My V90 did not have two eyelets and I asked my delivering dealer why. After "checking into it" I was told that is the way the car was specked and it should only have two. I showed them the manual and still no help.
      I was driving past the other dealer and though I would stop in and ask them about having only two eyelets. They said to bring the car to the service entrance and when I arrived, a mechanic, with two eyelets and tools, met me and in few minutes they were installed and he said to have a good day. No paperwork or hassle.
      2018 V90 T6 RD Passion Red, Amber, Polestar

35. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2