Any source I should try for replacement rear side window ?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Any source I should try for replacement rear side window ?

My car has both windows in the back, but the chrome is really pitted and one has a broken hinge in the locking part. I need to get inside and figure out what part broke. It won't lock closed. I supposed I could disassemble the window and get the frame rechromed, but I haven't found a place with the latching parts.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not sure where you’re located and I’m not familiar with you car, but give Nick at Re-Volv in oxford, ma. He’s the owner of a Volvo tuner shop. If he doesn’t have what you need he’ll probably be able to point you in the right direction.
      2013 S60 T5 w/ BLIS
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription w/ Climate Package, Convenience Package and Vision Package
      2018 V90CC T6 w/ Luxury Package, B&W, Convenience Package, Protection Package and Advanced Package
      2008 Subaru Legacy Spec.B - Sold

Very cool. Thanks !

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW63 View Post
      My car has both windows in the back, but the chrome is really pitted and one has a broken hinge in the locking part. I need to get inside and figure out what part broke. It won't lock closed. I supposed I could disassemble the window and get the frame rechromed, but I haven't found a place with the latching parts.
      Are you looking for the chrome, the latch, the window all of the above? I may have what you need what year is your car? I've got a spare stripped 544, all I need off it is the right q panel and the 2 rear floor panels it does have windows still in the rear.

I certainly need the latch mechanism for the driver's side rear, but if the chrome frame is in nice shape, I would be interested in more. I saw a pair on eBay but they are SO rusty, it would make mine look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW63 View Post
      I certainly need the latch mechanism for the driver's side rear, but if the chrome frame is in nice shape, I would be interested in more. I saw a pair on eBay but they are SO rusty, it would make mine look really nice.
      I am uncertain if your reply was directed toward my post but I can take a photo of what I have and email it to you if you are interested. No apparently visible rust, but I know the outer chrome has some spray over from red rustoleum on it.
      If so what's it worth to you? Keep in mind that I will need to take it off the car as well.

Sure, send me a picture or two. Goal #1 is the left side hinge assembly. Goal #2 would be nicer windows than I have.

Nice that you're just up in Salinas. About 6 hours north of me. Heck, you might have other stuff I need. Passenger side mirror ? Front fender chrome strips. Someone put a screw in the front of both of mine. Instrument cluster ? If it's in good shape ?

Mine is a 1965 544.
      Last edited by JohnW63; 01-14-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Bringing the thread to the top. I thought Norgermish had some parts I could use, but it's been quite a while since he's responded to e-mails or PMs.

Anyone know of anyone parting out a 544 that might have things like rear windows or headliner rods or maybe a coil holder ? Seen them on some version of eBay ?

Have you tried Susquhanna Spares? A few years ago, I read that the owner might be closing the business, but he is still advertising in Hemmings Motor News. Maybe it got sold. https://susquehannaspares.wordpress.com/parts/

Try here - he has the glass, weatherstrip. and lots of other goodies.

https://classicvolvorestoration.com/...en-accessories

I found all the parts I needed for my doors, all weather strip for the entire car, new fender bolts, trim clips, mirrors, etc. etc.
      he even has new fenders !

Where are these folks based? I can't seem to find any info on whether they're in the US or somewhere else?

This is from one of their web pages:

The business is US registered.
      But I pilot it from Stockholm, (still advantages when it comes to Volvo parts).
      All parts ship from a warehouse on the US east coast. Sometimes, if the customer agrees, directly from the Swedish storage.

This is the page: https://classicvolvorestoration.com/

Do a google search

Carlin Global Enterprises LLC

He sells the glass, but not the window frame and hinge. I don't think anyone does. If all you need is glass, Mr Carlin is a good source.

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements