suggestions on changing wood trim color
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

suggestions on changing wood trim color

Hi,

I have a V90 CC and it came with the black walnut wood. I don't really like the color and much prefer the lighter natural color of the regular inscription series.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to order the parts and replace them. The parts would cost about $900 online which isn't cheap and I'm not sure how easy is it to swap out, especially the transmission tunnel parts.
      2017 XC90 Inscription
      2017 V90 CC

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hudi82 View Post
      Hi,

I have a V90 CC and it came with the black walnut wood. I don't really like the color and much prefer the lighter natural color of the regular inscription series.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to order the parts and replace them. The parts would cost about $900 online which isn't cheap and I'm not sure how easy is it to swap out, especially the transmission tunnel parts.
      That's something you have to decide. Your the one that has to live with it.
      Its' like asking does this outfit make me look fat? If you like it - buy it.

Could go the less expensive route with wood grain vinyl kit pieces, if they make them.

like https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peach-Wood-...gA75:rk:7:pf:0
      2017 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD Inscription
      Luxury Packaged w/ Air Suspension
      Onyx Black with Walnut & Amber
      Taking tires to the limit often
      on the Blue Ridge Parkway

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I am glad someone there make it possible. Now we change the wood trim depends on our mood. I was thinking to try some colored shiny tape to see if a light champaign color would look even better.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

That's something you have to decide. Your the one that has to live with it.
      Its' like asking does this outfit make me look fat? If you like it - buy it.
      I think the poster has already made that decision. He's asking how difficult is it to change out the wood trim.

Could go the less expensive route with wood grain vinyl kit pieces
      I'm guessing they would look like Chinese vinyl rather than Swedish wood...

Quote Originally Posted by porschie356 View Post
      I think the poster has already made that decision. He's asking how difficult is it to change out the wood trim.

I'm guessing they would look like Chinese vinyl rather than Swedish wood...
      Thanks Porschie356, you summarized my intentions perfectly.
      2017 XC90 Inscription
      2017 V90 CC

Thanks Porschie356, you summarized my intentions perfectly.
      I think you need the service manual to be safe. It should be doable with some experience on interior panels.
      The center tunnel is stored inside the tunnel but should be fine to open the side panel and get access.
      Maybe consider a three day subscription to VIDA software for $75?
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

Awaiting Approval

Online store for wood inlays

Hi,
      What site did you use to find the wood inlays?

Hi,

I ordered a complete set when I changed the interior of my V90RD from metal to the lighter wood. The dealer removed the metal and installed the new color and it took about an hour.
      2018 V90 T6 RD Passion Red, Amber, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by sealbch View Post
      Hi,
      I just found the parts on the official volvo parts site. Various dealers have different discounts. I've yet to talk to the dealer to see how much they'll charge for swapping it out.
      2017 XC90 Inscription
      2017 V90 CC

Quote Originally Posted by sealbch View Post
      Hi,
      I just found the parts on the official volvo parts site. Various dealers have different discounts. I've yet to talk to the dealer to see how much they'll charge for swapping it out.
      Can you post the part numbers if you have them handy? Call me crazy but I am tempted to change out the carbon fibre on my Ocean Race ... it was the only thing I did not like, particularly with the blond seats.
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by SKY-KING View Post
      I ordered a complete set when I changed the interior of my V90RD from metal to the lighter wood. The dealer removed the metal and installed the new color and it took about an hour.

The light wood with amber leather is the best looking interior IMO. I'm surprised you have an R-Design with amber; I thought those came only with charcoal leather.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by nquery View Post
      Can you post the part numbers if you have them handy? Call me crazy but I am tempted to change out the carbon fibre on my Ocean Race ... it was the only thing I did not like, particularly with the blond seats.
      I'm with you regarding the carbon fiber. But I also subscribe to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy. I'm assuming to replace the dash and door trim you'd have to remove the dash cover and door panels. I don't have a single rattle anywhere right now. Doing those things unnecessarily would be tempting fate I think. I'll endure the carbon....

Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      I'm with you regarding the carbon fiber. But I also subscribe to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy. I'm assuming to replace the dash and door trim you'd have to remove the dash cover and door panels. I don't have a single rattle anywhere right now. Doing those things unnecessarily would be tempting fate I think. I'll endure the carbon....
      Do you have the B&W system? I get the apparently very common door panel vibrations on certain frequencies when loud.
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

Do you have the B&W system? I get the apparently very common door panel vibrations on certain frequencies when loud.
      No, I have the "standard" audio system. I rarely listen to radio/music when driving, other than the typical morning shows for weather and news (when I'm up and about before 9AM). The only noises I hear is the occasional flexing/movement of the rear cargo cover, and that only when it's been extremely cold (which has been all too often of late....).

There's another post on this subject which claims the panels just pop out. Really? Doesn't apply to the console of course. But I'd be tempted to make the change if it's only a snap off/on switch.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
      The light wood with amber leather is the best looking interior IMO. I'm surprised you have an R-Design with amber; I thought those came only with charcoal leather.
      That is correct, I changed the entire interior, seats, door panels, and center trim.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      There's another post on this subject which claims the panels just pop out. Really? Doesn't apply to the console of course. But I'd be tempted to make the change if it's only a snap off/on switch.
      That is correct. Panels are all held in with spring clips. Just grab and pull. The door panels have a plastic clip towards the back of the panel so those you pop it from the bottom and then work front to back. We never intend on closing the center console covers so those can stay the way they are. Here is a link to the original Ebay ad which shows all of the clips. https://www.ebay.com/itm/S90-V90-V90...72.m2749.l2649

The only screws hold the under lighting panel on each door. There are 4 torx screws on each.

Quote Originally Posted by SKY-KING View Post
      That is correct, I changed the entire interior, seats, door panels, and center trim.
      I'm guessing when you were a kid, you regularly colored outside the lines.

You now have what I consider the best looking V90. I like the R exterior more than the Inscription's, but the amber/light wood Inscription interior better than the R's charcoal/metal. I was limited by rules set by Volvo design team, but you just threw them out the window.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

It would be nice if Volvo offered a wider selection of interior panels and trims, including the option to have black instead of chrome trims. I imagine that lots of people would pay for such options.

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements