2018 Volvo XC60 aftermarket fog light installation
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Post 2018 Volvo XC60 aftermarket fog light installation

I have a 2018 Volvo XC60. I purchased a set of OEM fog lights. I was able to install them because they are pre-wired and the turn signal has the fog light switch built in. I was told just take the car to a Volvo dealer and they could program the ECM to tell the car there is now fog lights on the car. My dealer can not find any program that tells the car there is fog lights. The car was pre-wire and had the switch on the turn signal so obviously the car was made to have fog lights installed. The R design has fog lights so it has to be possible. Anyone have any suggestions on how the dealership should program these lights? Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Would like to do the same to my xc60.

I would like to add the same fog lights to my 2018 xc60, can you let me know where you purchased your lights from? I'm curious to know what you find out about the programming that needs to happen before i purchase lights. Seems like it would be something simple to add.

thanks for help.

OEM Fog Lights for XC 60 - 2018 - 2020

Hi,

You can purchase here

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...220f4c4dtI0btB

But I also have the same question : How do I activate it on z XC 60 T8 R Design 2020 ?

Cheers

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Awaiting Approval

The fuse box has been checked?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjesmer1 View Post
      I have a 2018 Volvo XC60. I purchased a set of OEM fog lights. I was able to install them because they are pre-wired and the turn signal has the fog light switch built in. I was told just take the car to a Volvo dealer and they could program the ECM to tell the car there is now fog lights on the car. My dealer can not find any program that tells the car there is fog lights. The car was pre-wire and had the switch on the turn signal so obviously the car was made to have fog lights installed. The R design has fog lights so it has to be possible. Anyone have any suggestions on how the dealership should program these lights? Thank you
      Hi there, I have gotten my XC60 II directly from the Gottenburg factory in Sweden in 2018, which is a bit funny story as these models are made in Gent, Belgium.
      The poor car had to be hauled all the way from Belgium to Sweden on a trailer, just to be brought back to continental Europe on its own wheels later. Very environmentally friendly indeed.
      However, it has bothered me how to retrofit the fog lights whole 2 years. I just knocked over this forum.

Now I have seen some instructables how it looks round and behind the lower edge of the front bumpers and I guess the wiring is always in place for fog light retrofits. Could you remember how many cables (pins) were in the connector for the front fog lights (there is also cornering light also 3 cables at least). Have you also checked the fuse box, if the front fog light fuse / corner light fuse were in place?

I cannot simply figure out, why the board computer shall know about the front LED lights. There is only one switch for all fog lights, which is mandatory for the compulsory rear fog light. So all fog lights are on the same power circuit controlled by the fog light switch.

If it were for diagnostics, this will be done by measuring the current in this power circuit to detect any possible malfunctions. Adding the extra load from the retrofitted fog lights will result in an increased current in that circuit (as often happens when a trailer is plugged in) and the board computer issues warning and possibly code into diagnostics memory.

This may be the reason to have the SW updated in order to account for higher power uptake by the retrofitted front fog lights.

I wondered how was this retrofit solved in the end.

Cheers from the low lands Jiri

Quote Originally Posted by Mjesmer1 View Post
      I have a 2018 Volvo XC60. I purchased a set of OEM fog lights. I was able to install them because they are pre-wired and the turn signal has the fog light switch built in. I was told just take the car to a Volvo dealer and they could program the ECM to tell the car there is now fog lights on the car. My dealer can not find any program that tells the car there is fog lights auto clicker. The car was pre-wire and had the switch on the turn signal so obviously the car was made to have fog lights installed. The R design has fog lights so it has to be possible. Anyone have any suggestions on how the dealership should program these lights? Thank you
      can you let me know where you purchased your lights from? I'm curious to know what you find out about the programming that needs to happen before i purchase lights
      Last edited by Zicovan; 04-15-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Awaiting Approval
      Quote Originally Posted by Jirik View Post
      Hi there, I have gotten my XC60 II directly from the Gottenburg factory in Sweden in 2018, which is a bit funny story as these models are made in Gent, Belgium.
      The poor car had to be hauled all the way from Belgium to Sweden on a trailer, just to be brought back to continental Europe on its own wheels later. Very environmentally friendly indeed.
      However, it has bothered me how to retrofit the fog lights whole 2 years. I just knocked over this forum.

Now I have seen some instructables how it looks round and behind the lower edge of the front bumpers and I guess the wiring is always in place for fog light retrofits. Could you remember how many cables (pins) were in the connector for the front fog lights (there is also cornering light also 3 cables at least). Have you also checked the fuse box, if the front fog light fuse / corner light fuse were in place?

I cannot simply figure out, why the board computer shall know about the front LED lights. There is only one switch for all fog lights, which is mandatory for the compulsory rearauto clickerfog light. So all fog lights are on the same power circuit controlled by the fog light switch.

If it were for diagnostics, this will be done by measuring the current in this power circuit to detect any possible malfunctions. Adding the extra load from the retrofitted fog lights will result in an increased current in that circuit (as often happens when a trailer is plugged in) and the board computer issues warning and possibly code into diagnostics memory.

This may be the reason to have the SW updated in order to account for higher power uptake by the retrofitted front fog lights.

I wondered how was this retrofit solved in the end.

Cheers from the low lands Jiri
      OK, first post! and just joined to research my almost ordering of an XC60 R-design... Like and agree with all your informative posts. I have always been a fog light guy, and even converted the ones on my V70 to HID... I will wait to hear from you about options for an 2011 R Disign as we are about to order one, and agree it needs fogs and I want to keep that styling strip as well. Do you know if there is already a place on the dash for the fog light switch? Maybe an after-market HID light kit could be intergrated in there somehow. Again, will look for your posts.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements