How many Ocean Races are out there? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      i agree with your analysis...the MY designation is just a break in production between calendar dates that mark MY18 versus MY19...same car - same features/options...only difference is production date, IMO...
      There are a few differences that I would have liked in MY19's in general, all else being equal

a. start/stop can be disabled
      b. headrests are full leather
      c. Sensus hardware was updated with a faster processor?? Though some have said that this occurred before the end of MY18 production so still unsure on this one. Mine isn't bad but hard to compare apples-to-apples and I don't have the november update yet, which apparently improved the software bootup time.
      d. MY19 = a bit higher resale value
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The Volvo build tool for MY2019 is up... but allows only for T5 or T6OR. Apparently, no options for the regular T6. And OR does not allow adding air suspensions any more. Hopefully those are mistakes, not (very unfortunate) marketing decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by nquery View Post
      There are a few differences that I would have liked in MY19's in general, all else being equal

c. Sensus hardware was updated with a faster processor?? Though some have said that this occurred before the end of MY18 production so still unsure on this one. Mine isn't bad but hard to compare apples-to-apples and I don't have the november update yet, which apparently improved the software bootup time.
      agree on all of these - altho i didn't know the headrest are not full leather...

question: i had the hidden tow hitch installed earlier in January and they needed to update the car for the feature to be integrated...it also supports a center yellow line backup line feature...when they do these type of updates, do they generally do other updates like the Sensus one you mentioned?...toward mid/end of February, I'll be in for my 10k service - i assume they will update everything that can be then, right?

thx...R

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VxF View Post
      The Volvo build tool for MY2019 is up... but allows only for T5 or T6OR. Apparently, no options for the regular T6. And OR does not allow adding air suspensions any more. Hopefully those are mistakes, not (very unfortunate) marketing decisions.
      Clearly rushed website changes. That said, OR always came with air suspension standard, it was never an option.

agree on all of these - altho i didn't know the headrest are not full leather... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.swedespeed.com/images/smilies/nono.gif[/IMG]

question: i had the hidden tow hitch installed earlier in January and they needed to update the car for the feature to be integrated...it also supports a center yellow line backup line feature...when they do these type of updates, do they generally do other updates like the Sensus one you mentioned?...toward mid/end of February, I'll be in for my 10k service - i assume they will update everything that can be then, right?

thx...R
      Yep, sensus update included as part of the "Total Software Update".

Does your hidden tow hitch still have the euro-style ball and thus only good for towing boats? Or does it have a US 2 inch receiver to add bike racks etc?

Yannis/GrecianVolvo, the VCUSA regional manager who posts frequently on these forums, kept teasing that a tow hitch with US standard 2 inch receiver was imminent ... until it wasn't. Still holding out hope that one will appear before I get a stealth hitch this summer.
      Last edited by nquery; 01-29-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Bowers & Wilkins sound went up by $800.00USD (now $4,000.00USD) (on V90CC/Inscription/R-d, still $3200.00 on ORE) and wattage dropped from 1400w to 1100w.... pay more, get less!!!
      2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD FSD
      Past Volvo’s: 2016 V60 T5 Platinum FWD, 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription, 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by LowlyOilBurner View Post
      Bowers & Wilkins sound went up by $800.00USD (now $4,000.00USD) (on V90CC/Inscription/R-d, still $3200.00 on ORE) and wattage dropped from 1400w to 1100w.... pay more, get less!!!
      Weird you are right that amplifier is now specified as 1100 watt instead of 1400. I didn't check but assuming this hold across all models.

USD 4,000 is right for B&W now. They are introducing a mid-tier HK upgrade for USD800 and upping the price on the high end sound system.
      But the loss of wattage is weird. I am not sure I would read too much into it. The website also says that the T6 has a hybrid engine with 400+ hp.... the sloppiness here is unbelievable.

Does your hidden tow hitch still have the euro-style ball and thus only good for towing boats?
      yes...it still comes with the fixed 2" ball and not a removable receiver...it's a solid piece of metal for sure...

even tho i will have to retro the tongue of my 1 7/8" utility trailer, my others are 2"...

the cool/geeky mechanics of it are definitely worth the lack of ball size flexibility...

Weird you are right that amplifier is now specified as 1100 watt instead of 1400. I didn't check but assuming this hold across all models.
      It’s gotta be a typo. The SPA 90 series cars all advertised the B&W system as having 1400w and 19 speakers. The SPA 60 series cars with B&W advertised 15 speakers and 1100w of power.
      2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD FSD
      Past Volvo’s: 2016 V60 T5 Platinum FWD, 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription, 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by PolestarMcGuire View Post
      Assuming you are referencing the car at Boston Volvo, that was me who purchased it - pick it up tomorrow. Wasn't in the market for a new car, but my '16 V60 Polestar was recently totaled. The other driver ran a red light - thankfully no one was injured, and the Volvo performed flawlessly. Considered a leftover '18 V60 Polestar, but in my opinion, something was lost when the Polestar's moved to the 4-cylinder engines - specifically the epic sound of the 6-cylinder with the exhaust baffles wide open. I also have a '13 C30 PLE should I want a more "performance" oriented drive (with a third that pedal never hurts), but still wanted a unique Volvo Wagon - enter the CC ORE.

As others have mentioned, I debated the blonde / charcoal interior. Initially I gravitated to the charcoal, thinking the blonde was "too much". But, I very quickly changed my mind once seeing it in person - it's both stunning and unique. The car was optioned exactly as I would have chosen (with a four-year-old, the boosters were more important than the heated rear seats), and they added the Polestar Optimization. Cost was a bit less than what it would have been if I had ordered via OSD. I miss out on OSD, but when I called the program hotline to inquire, they stated you could no longer order a MY2019 ORE via OSD, and initial indications were it would not be available to order via OSD for MY2020.
      I kind of hate you! My family looked at that OR V90cc and liked it for exactly the same reasons!

How'd you get it for below the OSD cost though?! When we looked at it they had it marked up, pretty high. We were also considering just doing OSD and ordering our own to make a family trip out of it, but now it seems like that's not possible any more.

So enjoy that car, we really liked sitting in it and testing it out! :P

Just got off the phone with OSD helpdesk, because I got freaked out that the V90 CC OR was dead for the US. They confirmed a few things.

1. OR OSD orders for MY19 are full.
      2. They are currently taking OR OSD orders for MY20. They could slot me in for a June delivery.

No one knew what I was talking about as far as the V90 platform being halted for the US.

yes...it still comes with the fixed 2" ball and not a removable receiver...it's a solid piece of metal for sure...

even tho i will have to retro the tongue of my 1 7/8" utility trailer, my others are 2"...

the cool/geeky mechanics of it are definitely worth the lack of ball size flexibility...
      How much overall for the add? Receiver button electronics etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      '08 XC90 3.2 - Current | '10 V50 R-Design T5 M66 - Sold | '89 740 GLE 16 valve tank, Sold @ 640k km

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
      How much overall for the add? Receiver button electronics etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      recall it was near $1,300USD installed...a crazy price for sure...but it is integrated into the car...being that i plan to keep the car 10 years or so, i decided it was worth it...i used my new owner discount coupon of $200USD, so it got the price to $1,000USD...

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      Just got off the phone with OSD helpdesk, because I got freaked out that the V90 CC OR was dead for the US. They confirmed a few things.

1. OR OSD orders for MY19 are full.
      2. They are currently taking OR OSD orders for MY20. They could slot me in for a June delivery.

No one knew what I was talking about as far as the V90 platform being halted for the US.
      That's really bizarre. MY20 vehicles don't start production until late April and I have never heard of someone getting a new MY OSD as early as June (aside from early start models like the first MY19 XC40). I am skeptical that new MY ordering information would be available this early.

EDIT: If they can can get you a June 2019 OSD delivery for a MY20 V90CC OR I would lock that in ASAP!!
      Last edited by nquery; 02-01-2019 at 03:20 AM.

That's really bizarre. MY20 vehicles don't start production until late April and I have never heard of someone getting a new MY OSD as early as June (aside from early start models like the first MY19 XC40). I am skeptical that new MY ordering information would be available this early.

EDIT: If they can can get you a June 2019 OSD delivery for a MY20 V90CC OR I would lock that in ASAP!!
      I called again and spoke to two different people. The first person did confirm that there's been no announcement, of any kind, that V90CCs would no longer be exported to the US. She then passed me along to an OSD rep, who said the same thing regarding regular V90CCs. What she did say, which was different from the person I spoke with yesterday, was that it is confirmed that the Ocean Race is done. There will be no MY20 Ocean Race orders and all current MY19 allotments are accounted for. So that's a bummer. I suppose there could be a few dealerships that have their own orders in the OSD pipeline, but otherwise, no more new OR models will be available.

I went through Volvo USA directly to get this info, as I don't trust dealerships to know what the weather is outside, let alone what's going on with production.

https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/homeV3

I kind of hate you! My family looked at that OR V90cc and liked it for exactly the same reasons!

How'd you get it for below the OSD cost though?! When we looked at it they had it marked up, pretty high. We were also considering just doing OSD and ordering our own to make a family trip out of it, but now it seems like that's not possible any more.

So enjoy that car, we really liked sitting in it and testing it out! :P
      Might just be dumb luck / timing. The same situation happened when I bought the '16 Polestar there 2.5 years ago. Others had stated they would not budge on the price, but when I went in, I bought it for over $10,000 off of MSRP. Rinse and repeat with this car I suppose. But, despite the collective adulation for cars like the Polestar and OR here and elsewhere, the simple fact is they have sold poorly. After sitting on dealer lots for a while, they simply become a unit that needs to be moved.

I am just glad they didn't find out I couldn't get the car via OSD - might not have fared as well during the negotiation.
      2018 V90 Cross Country ORE
      2013 C30 PLE (#46)
      2016 V60 Polestar (RIP)

What kind of deals did people get on their V90 CC Ocean Race? Probably less of a discount than the other V90 CC trims due to the scarcity? I'm considering purchasing one now and would appreciate the intel!

Quote Originally Posted by familydriver View Post
      What kind of deals did people get on their V90 CC Ocean Race? Probably less of a discount than the other V90 CC trims due to the scarcity? I'm considering purchasing one now and would appreciate the intel!
      fully loaded 2018 v90 CC Ocean Race (only missing option was heated rear seats) for 17% off MSRP with 6k miles (dealer owner driven) in November 2018...negotiated polestar for $500 after agreeing on overall price...enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by familydriver View Post
      All depends on whether the dealer knows that...

A) They're being discontinued after the 2019 model year.
      B) That there's about half a dozen available in the entire country right now.

And to build on point "A", model year 2019 production ends in 3 weeks...and as far as I know, there are no further build allotments left. So if it's not already here, already in transit, or already on order with a build date, then a dealer won't be able to order one.

Just thought I'd share this here. Spotted in Toronto at the corner of Leslie and Finch. Nice looking OR!

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
      2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 145k mi

Ditto...exactly same sentiments as nquery...

Car is very unique and an amazing value in the volvo line...compare wagon to suv...not too distance!...price an xc60 with similar options and it comes in 5% less than the v90cc OR price...price an xc90 with similar options and it comes its 10% over the v90cc OR price...and neither is as unique - or comes with some of the special features/options you can only get with the OR package - best bang-for-the-buck model package in all the volvo line!

On November 2, 2018, i purchased my 2018 v90cc ocean race...

At the time, i could only locate (3) new ones per sale in the USA - via google dealer sites...

I live in central/upstate new york and travelled 3 1/2 hour to new jersey for mine...
      Blond leather, Bowers & Wilkins, heads up display, convenience package...
      I also had the dealer install polestar for $500 as part of the deal...
      I recently added the dual integrated split end exhaust tailpipes and the hidden/retractable hitch...
      And had my local dealer match and paint oem mud flaps kaolin gray...

Coated the entire car surface & wheels with (2) coats of Rejex, and it sheds water/dirt better than my ceramic coated m3 coupe!

Get one...you won't be disappointed...
      Hi hackR! Did you coat the car with Rejex yourself or does it need to be professionally installed. I'm getting my 2018 V90 ORE next week and was considering a ceramic coat but they're pricey! Thanks!

I'd like to throw in a plug for Aero Cosmetics WashWaxAll. Originally designed (supposedly) for cleaning private aircraft, I figured if it could get the bugs off the leading edge of an airplane wing, it should be great for a car. In March I took my Ruby Black MB to a brushless carwash, drove it home, and applied the product. Sprays on. One wipe with a microfiber cloth, then buff with a new one. It's quick. It has not been washed since. Just use a CaliforniaDuster to get the dust and pollen off. No, it's not spotless. But it looks damn good still. A drive through a rain storm does a good cleaning job. The water beading is impressive. Needless to say the results are equally impressive on my white OR. Don't have the patience for many of these specialty waxes and coatings....

Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      I'd like to throw in a plug for Aero Cosmetics WashWaxAll. Originally designed (supposedly) for cleaning private aircraft, I figured if it could get the bugs off the leading edge of an airplane wing, it should be great for a car. In March I took my Ruby Black MB to a brushless carwash, drove it home, and applied the product. Sprays on. One wipe with a microfiber cloth, then buff with a new one. It's quick. It has not been washed since. Just use a CaliforniaDuster to get the dust and pollen off. No, it's not spotless. But it looks damn good still. A drive through a rain storm does a good cleaning job. The water beading is impressive. Needless to say the results are equally impressive on my white OR. Don't have the patience for many of these specialty waxes and coatings....
      Thank you so much for recommendation and will definitely look into it, I've never been a car guy so haven't kept up with all the new options out there. I love the fact that it's easy to maintain and we can apply ourselves without the potential to do irreversible damage. Hell of lot cheaper than $1000 ceramic coating. My car should arrive next week, my first Volvo and it's been enjoyable reading about everything I can from this forum!

There are only 2 listed in the country on Cargurus as of this morning.

Good news for me: one of them is right down the road.

Bad news: it's $49,000! With 27,000 miles on it. Can't swing that.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHesketh View Post

I feel like I scored a deal! Found a 2018 with 11,000 miles on it and before they could post official pictures on their website. Was listed at $44,000 and ended up getting it for $42,300 after negotiations...went back and tried to have them discount a polestar upgrade for $700, told me they would refund me the deposit since they got 7 inquiries the day they posted picture. Had to spend $1100 to get the car shipped to CA though.

I guess I never answered this here. In the US there are 84 VOR models.

2018: 41
      2019: 43

Quote Originally Posted by SJHesketh View Post

Links?

I often look for them and never find them.

I am debating an ocean race or a 2014 E63s, though choice

Edit: found them. One has polestar and black interior and the other no polestar and white interior

Damn they look good
      Last edited by BeachBoy; 07-31-2020 at 08:31 PM.
      '08 XC90 3.2 - Current | '10 V50 R-Design T5 M66 - Sold | '89 740 GLE 16 valve tank, Sold @ 640k km

The VOR reminds me of the 2010 V70 r-design. One year model, very hard to find and very much in demand at the time. I looked at one near Cleveland and almost pull the trigger. Fortunately, I didn't because I was layed off from work one month later...it was beautiful. Beige with two tone seats and a true V70.
      Last edited by russ399; 08-01-2020 at 06:26 PM.
      Her HHI car - 2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      His - 2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!
      Hers - 2017 XC60 Magic Blue w/ blond interior, T5 Dynamic
      For Fun - 1992 NA 300ZX lightly modified

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
      Links?

I often look for them and never find them.

I am debating an ocean race or a 2014 E63s, though choice

Edit: found them. One has polestar and black interior and the other no polestar and white interior

Damn they look good
      Why the 2014 E63S? Does that come with the 7 seats?
      2017 V90CC T6 Osmium Grey

Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
      The VOR reminds me of the 2010 V70 r-design. One year model, very hard to find and very much in demand at the time. I looked at one near Cleveland and almost pull the cord. Fortunately, I didn't because I was layed off from work one month later...
      Yeah, I remember seeing maybe that same car at Montrose (Westside) a few years ago.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by mizzao View Post
      Why the 2014 E63S? Does that come with the 7 seats?
      No not the AMG one

But it's 577hp AWD performance.

So between lower mileage special edition Volvo (which I have owned multiple) and a beast under wagon clothing both in very low production numbers, I am quite undecided.

Maintenance wise we don't have much data on the dual charged Volvo but we know MB are expensive to maintain

sorry for missing this...

yes - i applied the Rejex myself...very easy...it's a white liquid paste that you apply with a pad, let haze, then wipe off...very easy - except it's a BIG car...with lots of nooks/crannies...just don't use it on the matte wipers...it'll haze them...i love the stuff...it lasts long and is easy to work with...mine lasts over a year or more - beading water and such...R

I guess I never answered this here. In the US there are 84 VOR models.

2018: 41
      2019: 43

sorry for missing this...

yes - i applied the Rejex myself...very easy...it's a white liquid paste that you apply with a pad, let haze, then wipe off...very easy - except it's a BIG car...with lots of nooks/crannies...just don't use it on the matte wipers...it'll haze them...i love the stuff...it lasts long and is easy to work with...mine lasts over a year or more - beading water and such...R
      Thanks hackR, just so many options out there and better to hear from someone who's had experience. Besides the matte wipers, any other part of the car I should avoid? Getting my car delivered this weekend and just getting all my supplies lined up. Thanks again!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast