How many Ocean Races are out there? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Results 71 to 81 of 81
    1. #71
      Junior Member fusace's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Cerritos, CA
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      sorry for missing this...

      yes - i applied the Rejex myself...very easy...it's a white liquid paste that you apply with a pad, let haze, then wipe off...very easy - except it's a BIG car...with lots of nooks/crannies...just don't use it on the matte wipers...it'll haze them...i love the stuff...it lasts long and is easy to work with...mine lasts over a year or more - beading water and such...R
      Thanks hackR, just so many options out there and better to hear from someone who's had experience. Besides the matte wipers, any other part of the car I should avoid? Getting my car delivered this weekend and just getting all my supplies lined up. Thanks again!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #72
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Location
      No. VA
      Posts
      404
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      Can you get a count on the number of T5 R Designs?
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

      His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats


      Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

    4. #73
      Junior Member hackR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      147
      Quote Originally Posted by fusace View Post
      Thanks hackR, just so many options out there and better to hear from someone who's had experience. Besides the matte wipers, any other part of the car I should avoid? Getting my car delivered this weekend and just getting all my supplies lined up. Thanks again!
      i did everything...including trim and windows/sundroof...everything...except the matte black rear wiper...i did the front wiper arms as they are gloss'ish trim...hope this helps...if you go Rejex - let me know what you think...R

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #74
      Junior Member fusace's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Cerritos, CA
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      i did everything...including trim and windows/sundroof...everything...except the matte black rear wiper...i did the front wiper arms as they are gloss'ish trim...hope this helps...if you go Rejex - let me know what you think...R
      thanks hackR! just got a bottle in the mail today and ready to pamper my car next week!

    7. #75
      Junior Member fusace's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Cerritos, CA
      Posts
      61
      found the last ocean race roof box in the showroom of a small dealership in albany, ny. they are wrapping it up (adding 20 lb in total weight) for shipping to california!

    8. #76
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      Providence, RI
      Posts
      17
      That's great - congrats. Wonder how many were actually imported to the U.S. (roof boxes), and then what the range was on what people paid (I was likely somewhere in the middle) . . . ?
      2018 V90 Cross Country ORE
      2013 C30 PLE (#46)
      2016 V60 Polestar (RIP)

    9. #77
      Junior Member fusace's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Cerritos, CA
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by PolestarMcGuire View Post
      That's great - congrats. Wonder how many were actually imported to the U.S. (roof boxes), and then what the range was on what people paid (I was likely somewhere in the middle) . . . ?
      Thank you! I ended up paying $1,100 for the box (had initially quoted $1,500), but shipping from NY to CA for 80 lb was pricey. Fedex had quoted $3,000 UPS was comparable, even Yellow trucking wanted somewhere in the thousands as well. They guys at Capital Albany Volvo really went to bat for me know this would be the last chance I would have to purchase and reached out Volvo Corporate and got approval to use their corporate shipping account. Still cost $800 (30% off rebate, max $200 made it easier to swallow) but decided to bit the bullet as I don't want to hate myself for passing this up over a few hundred dollars in the long run. Could have gotten the black one locally for under $1,000 but this box is of superior quality and build.

    10. #78
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      Providence, RI
      Posts
      17
      Quote Originally Posted by PolestarMcGuire View Post
      That's great - congrats. Wonder how many were actually imported to the U.S. (roof boxes), and then what the range was on what people paid (I was likely somewhere in the middle) . . . ?
      Well bought. I would need to look at my receipt, but think I paid ~ $1500 (maybe even a bit more) for mine about 18 months ago (albeit without shipping). And to me, it's a no-brainer at that price. Makes the car.

      Welcome to the OR-family.
      2018 V90 Cross Country ORE
      2013 C30 PLE (#46)
      2016 V60 Polestar (RIP)

    11. #79
      Junior Member fusace's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Cerritos, CA
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by PolestarMcGuire View Post
      Well bought. I would need to look at my receipt, but think I paid ~ $1500 (maybe even a bit more) for mine about 18 months ago (albeit without shipping). And to me, it's a no-brainer at that price. Makes the car.

      Welcome to the OR-family.
      Thanks Matt, feel so lucky and privileged to be part of the Volvo family especially the OR clan!

    12. #80
      Junior Member hackR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      147
      i still can't believe you picked this up from a dealer showroom in Albany, NY...i live in Syracuse, NY - a 2 hour drive...from coversations on this forum, it appears i got the last OR roof box in Volvo's distribution network...and for a reasonable price...nice find at a dealer...functionally, it serves a purpose...but seriously, it really takes the car to a whole new level of looks...big sexy, the OR, with roof box!

    13. #81
      Junior Member fusace's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Cerritos, CA
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      i still can't believe you picked this up from a dealer showroom in Albany, NY...i live in Syracuse, NY - a 2 hour drive...from coversations on this forum, it appears i got the last OR roof box in Volvo's distribution network...and for a reasonable price...nice find at a dealer...functionally, it serves a purpose...but seriously, it really takes the car to a whole new level of looks...big sexy, the OR, with roof box!
      super happy with the purchase and you're right, takes the car to a whole new level and have gotten plenty of compliments! put a little Swedish flag on the box and the added color really pops!

      Attachment 67837
      Attached Images Attached Images

    14. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3