SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

T8 Emission Control System Warning Light

15K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  FusionRedXC60 
#1 ·
The emission control system warning light came on on my brand new 2019 XC90 T8 (< 1,450 miles). Took it in to dealer the other day and they replaced the hybrid battery temperature sensor and applied the latest software update. Light was off for less than 24 hours. It's back on! Taking it in to dealer tomorrow to see what they say. :-(

#2 ·
Very common issue....reported elsewhere on here. Had it replaced on my 19 XC60 T8. A couple of weeks later light came on again, this time is was the AC temperature sensor. Posted a message in the XC60 forum to see how wide spread an issue this sensor is but so far no response. Interest to hear what your dealer says

#4 ·
Dealer called me and said the code was coming up the same as last time so they contacted corporate tech support. Apparently, the technical bulletin that was used originally to fix the issue was incorrect and they needed to replace a different sensor. Car's in the shop until next week waiting for parts to come in.

#3 ·
Same here - check engine light came on for few days, then was off for few weeks, then came on again and off again. No error codes or any other messages. As an previous Acura MDX owner, I expect to see more info with the check engine light on, like code etc.

The dealer diagnosed it as an oxygen sensor ... Hard to believe that this is happening at 2K miles ..

#5 ·
Another temperature sensor was replaced back in January. Fast forward to today, check emission light came on again!!!:confused: Going in the shop Thursday... let's see what's wrong now.

#6 ·
Update: dealer states that there is a service bulletin (US344446.1.1) describing this issue. To paraphrase, if the parking climate and/or remote start is used, it could trigger the check emissions light. Volvo does not have a solution at this time (although the service bulletin was issued just earlier this week). Not happy....

Does anybody else using parking climate (believe this is a T8 function) and/or remote start experience this issue?

#8 ·
Update: dealer states that there is a service bulletin (US344446.1.1) describing this issue. To paraphrase, if the parking climate and/or remote start is used, it could trigger the check emissions light. Volvo does not have a solution at this time (although the service bulletin was issued just earlier this week). Not happy....

Does anybody else using parking climate (believe this is a T8 function) and/or remote start experience this issue?
Yes. It happened on my XC60 T8 as well. As Tech mentioned, there are no solution right now beside waiting on the new update

#9 ·
Hopefully this doesn't turn into VW diesel gate where the software "fix" is just masking an underlying issue. Lol. Just strange this issue is just turning up now. Does this only affect MY'19s? And/or only T8's?

#11 ·
I had this on my T8 a day after fueling after a long drive. For the next few days it didn't disappear.

Then I read somewhere that it might be related to an internal cap or something like that on the gas thank.

Anyway, I did some miles/kilometers on gas and then filled up the thank again. There were just about 5 litres to fill.

After that the warning almost immediately disappeared. This was ten months ago, never had that again.

My Volvo is a European XC90 T8 delivered on Jan 30 2018. I am describing it that way as I am not sure what model year is according to US.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#13 ·
interesting. I just picked up my 2020 V60cc and the check engine light went on after 47 miles!! Owner's manual said it is the Emission Control System. Taking it to the dealer next week and see what this is about. I hope this is not the shape of things to come with my car.

Anyone else out there with issues with the check engine light?

#15 ·
This just popped up on my 2020 V60 T8 PE - 51 miles, just took delivery yesterday! I did use parking climate this morning, but the light didn't come on till the evening. Anything I should check before taking it to the dealer?

Annoying because I need to get it inspected (out of state purchase) and it won't pass with any CEL on. 😕

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.