What did you do to your XC60 today
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Start a thread for easy stuff.

Since I am not so much fun of the plastic center console trim, I bought a stainless steel trim and put it on. Unfortunately I chose wrong color because the color option icon is weird on the seller website. I like silver trim to match the trim around cup holders. But I ordered a black blushed steel trim by mistake, and only realized after putting it on.

After all, not that awkward as the inside is dark usually. A silver one should be much better.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oooo, I like that. Is is real steel or just a shiny laminate over plastic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great color combo @FusionRed. I got a quote to have the nose and hood of my XC60 wrapped with Xpel.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Iím tempted to do that - I have a factory clear bra on my Pathfinder and with all the pebbles we get on the road from winter sanding it definitely helps. But i like to keep my cars until the wheels fall off and a few years ago the clear bra starting cracking and recently started peeling off. Is there something I should have done to take better care of it? Or is it replaceable? Doesnít matter for my Pathfinder - itís our beater car now anyway - just thinking ahead in case I get something like Xpel on the hood and side mirrors of my XC60 cuz I think that would be a good idea given the local road conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Brewser View Post
      Oooo, I like that. Is is real steel or just a shiny laminate over plastic?

I believe it is metal. I can bend it a little with finger to better fit the contour. Plastic and stainless steel doesn't bend. Steel/iron may be but tested with magnet and no attraction. So it looks like aluminum to me.

Here is the link:
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32913961803.html

Thatís pretty slick - thanks for the link. Easy to install?

Heh. I was wondering when someone would start a thread like this. I didn't know they made something like that. Thanks for the link...
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Quote Originally Posted by Brewser View Post
      Thatís pretty slick - thanks for the link. Easy to install?

Yeh, 3M tape applied underneath the parts already. Just peel and stick. Of course adjust the bending a little bit, peel some of the 3M cover on side, and from rear end and position rear end first, then continue peel and stick the sides. Just don't peel the cover all the way at once. It could stick to anywhere it touches. Should be very easy for everyone.

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 07-15-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      Great color combo @FusionRed. I got a quote to have the nose and hood of my XC60 wrapped with Xpel.
      Did my entire XC90 and we love it. Some people think we are crazy but we like the other poster keep our cars until the wheels fall off so this plus a 10yr warranty were a couple investments we made in longevity

Quote Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
      Did my entire XC90 and we love it. Some people think we are crazy but we like the other poster keep our cars until the wheels fall off so this plus a 10yr warranty were a couple investments we made in longevity

The hood/bonnet of my 1st XC60 took a beating and it really bothered me over the years. Of course there was other body damage I never repaired too from parking it outdoors for most of its life.

My new XC60 is also going to be garaged for the foreseeable future, also protecting my asset.
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |

Spending time here in these forums you get the idea that the XC60 is popular and fairly common.

Iíve been in Virginia for a week and have yet to see a new SPA XC60 in the wild and only two of the new model XC90ís. They are everywhere in the UK.

Anyway, just an observation. We have a rental Jeep Grand Cherokee and hate it.

Hooligan of Volvo

It is just time and number. During 2016 2017 I only see a few XC90 around town but now see several every day. Start seeing XC60 and XC40 in the second year too.

XC90ís are everywhere. Iím just starting to see 1-2 XC60ís a day, but living 3 miles away from a large dealership, some of these may be people out on test rides. XC40ís are still kinda rare even though there are plenty of the on the dealers lots. New S60ís even more rare, but I did see a Fusion Red R-Design out on I-80 the other day.

XC90ís are everywhere. Iím just starting to see 1-2 XC60ís a day, but living 3 miles away from a large dealership, some of these may be people out on test rides. XC40ís are still kinda rare even though there are plenty of the on the dealers lots. New S60ís even more rare, but I did see a Fusion Red R-Design out on I-80 the other day.
      I'm just starting to see more XC40's on the road. I see more XC60/90's all the time.
      2019 XC40 RD P* & 2013 XC60 T6 P* / 2011 S60 T6 (Traded In)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Marker View Post
      I'm just starting to see more XC40's on the road. I see more XC60/90's all the time.
      Iím guessing with the XC40 now included in Aplan we will be seeing more of them. My sister is highly considering one, but also wants a HUD in her next car. I keep telling her she should ďsettleĒ on a V60 ha!

10,000 service and fix two recalls

Mounted my new license plates.
      2018 XC60 T8 R-Design / Osmium Grey Metallic / Convenience / Vision / Advanced / Bowers and Wilkins / 4-Corner Air / Heated Front Seats and Steering Wheel
      Decommissioned at 57k miles - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription / Osmium Grey Metallic / 21" 8-Spoke Diamond Cut Wheels / Charcoal Ventilated Perforated Leather / Charcoal Headliner / Climate / Convenience / Vision / CarPlay / Protection Plus / Polestar+
      Traded In at 161k miles - 2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design AWD / Cosmic White / Off Black Leather w/ Beige / Polestar / Fully Loaded

Cool Jazx83! I thought maybe you tracked your T8 at Watkins Glenn! A long time ago I lived in Syracuse (raised in the Capital District), though never checked out WG -- but would love to visit now.
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription - B & W

Quote Originally Posted by Jazx83 View Post
      Nice plates. I have a similar personalization in mind for when mine is delivered. Hopefully itís still available then!
      Our garage...

2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT - Machine Gray Metallic/Cherry Top/Black (FUN LITTLE TOY!!!)
      2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature - Machine Gray Metallic/Auburn Nappa (replacing with a OSD 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered)
      2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design w. Polestar tune - Black Sapphire Metallic/Offblack (Sold 2014)
      2006 Volvo S40 T5 Premium/Sport Package - Electric Silver/Offblack (Sold 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazx83 View Post
      Awesome!
      Nov. 2017: Volvo XC60 MY18 R-Design T8 AWD

Pack's: Sensus Navi / Light / IntelliSafe / Winter Pro / Versatility Pro
      Summer 265/35/R22 / Winter 235/55/R19

In Bursting Blue Metallic

Previous: 2011-2017 Volvo XC60 MY11 R-Design D5 AWD in Black Saphire Metalic

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      It is just time and number. During 2016 2017 I only see a few XC90 around town but now see several every day. Start seeing XC60 and XC40 in the second year too.

Two weeks and Iíve seen 2 in as many days. Canít wait to get back home and to driving mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooligan of Volvo

Today I gave my XC60 the Prancing Moose treatment and my new SS plate frame.

First long trip in our 2019 XC 60 T8...Maryland to Rhode Island.....450 miles and achieved 36mpg....and that was calculated the old fashioned way.....car computer stated 39....Quite happy with the 36...that was with the car in Hybrid mode....not sure what my avg speed was, but it saw 80mph afew times...tried to stay around 70....lot of police om the prowl!! Avg was prob 60 got the whole trip.....The massaging seats are nice......
      2019 XC 60 T8 Inscription Osmium Grey
      2017 Honda Africa Twin

I debadged mine.
      Driving a 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription

I've done a few things to my T8..

-Removed the 'XC-60' from the back, and Plasti-dipped the 'VOLVO' and 'T8' (will probably remove everything except 'Volvo' eventually... saw a bunch recently in Europe and I really liked how clean it was)
      -replaced the stock tails with the European tail lights - I despise the red turn/hazard lamps on all cars - there isn't enough distinction between them and brake lights, and I always swap them when I can
      -wrapped the roof with gloss black vinyl
      -tinted the front windows to 'legal'
      -added the Volvo Exterior Styling Kit
      -Replaced the Mirror caps with Stone Black mirror caps
      -added the XC40 Swedish flag tag to the charging port door
      -front tow hitch mounted license plate holder - no drilling please
      -swedish flag + Prancing Moose plate frame from Klii Motorwerkes (Officially 'licensed' prancing moose btw)
      -the all important Maryland HOV sticker

Some future plans for when I get some time to arrange the shop time include:

Heico 22" Wheels
      Volvo R Design front bumper and grille
      Heico front lip
      Volvo Fender Extensions
      Heico Springs/Suspension kit
      10mm wheel spacers
      Front and rear end links
      Sway bar
      front strut tower bar
      black window trim and roof rails

Basically, I want this:

Will probably take until next fall to finish it, and by then I might have my next car taking up time and attention... sooooo I hope to get it done sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by L3it3r View Post
      I've done a few things to my T8..

-Removed the 'XC-60' from the back, and Plasti-dipped the 'VOLVO' and 'T8' (will probably remove everything except 'Volvo' eventually... saw a bunch recently in Europe and I really liked how clean it was)
      -replaced the stock tails with the European tail lights - I despise the red turn/hazard lamps on all cars - there isn't enough distinction between them and brake lights, and I always swap them when I can
      -wrapped the roof with gloss black vinyl
      -tinted the front windows to 'legal'
      -added the Volvo Exterior Styling Kit
      -Replaced the Mirror caps with Stone Black mirror caps
      -added the XC40 Swedish flag tag to the charging port door
      -front tow hitch mounted license plate holder - no drilling please
      -swedish flag + Prancing Moose plate frame from Klii Motorwerkes (Officially 'licensed' prancing moose btw)
      -the all important Maryland HOV sticker

Some future plans for when I get some time to arrange the shop time include:

Heico 22" Wheels
      Volvo R Design front bumper and grille
      Heico front lip
      Volvo Fender Extensions
      Heico Springs/Suspension kit
      10mm wheel spacers
      Front and rear end links
      Sway bar
      front strut tower bar
      black window trim and roof rails

Basically, I want this:

Will probably take until next fall to finish it, and by then I might have my next car taking up time and attention... sooooo I hope to get it done sooner than later
      Looks great . Iíve toyed with the idea of plasti-dipping some of the trim and badging on mine to black but I simply donít have the time. I really like the license plate frame. Did you move the ďkick to openĒ sensor when you installed the exterior style kit?

Looks great . Iíve toyed with the idea of plasti-dipping some of the trim and badging on mine to black but I simply donít have the time. I really like the license plate frame. Did you move the ďkick to openĒ sensor when you installed the exterior style kit?

The PlastiDip took very little time. I used some 3M drop plastic and taped a rectangular area off around the badging and just sprayed a couple layers, and then using a couple fine tools and some patience, I just peeled off the overspray from the body around the badges.

The plate frame is awesome, very well constructed, high quality vinyl wrapped on steel - Kenny (the owner of Klii) has made MANY vinyl products for me over the last 8-9 years and they are awesome quality.

The sensor was moved to the side, and I find it to be FAR more reliable now too. I much prefer it on the side of the rear bumper vs the random under bumper location it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by L3it3r View Post
      The PlastiDip took very little time. I used some 3M drop plastic and taped a rectangular area off around the badging and just sprayed a couple layers, and then using a couple fine tools and some patience, I just peeled off the overspray from the body around the badges.

The plate frame is awesome, very well constructed, high quality vinyl wrapped on steel - Kenny (the owner of Klii) has made MANY vinyl products for me over the last 8-9 years and they are awesome quality.

The sensor was moved to the side, and I find it to be FAR more reliable now too. I much prefer it on the side of the rear bumper vs the random under bumper location it was before.
      Iím exhausted. My son was born 7 weeks ago and taking care of a newborn is super rewarding but no joke, Iíve been more energetic. Helps that Iím also enjoying 16 weeks of paid paternity leave.

On my immediate to do list is hardwire in my radar detector and dash cam. I have all the bits and pieces to do this. Then Iíd like to come up with a winter wheel and hitch/bike rack plan.

I did front and rear pads today, very photo intensive.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Putertech; 09-13-2019 at 12:31 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      I did front and rear pads today, very photo intensive.
      Could you provide a link to your reader and does it work on the later S60/XC60?

AUTEL Maxicheck Pro, purchased on Amazon during the Prime day sale, was $120 at that time. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on any other Volvo.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

Does it cover the new 2019 S60?

Might have been me. I take I-80 West home every night. Seems a little better than I-95/I-280 in the evening.
      Bill...

2019 XC60 R-Design Fusion Red, P*, Climate, BLIS
      2017 XC60 R-Design Sapphire Black, Climate, BLIS (Gone)
      2015 XC60 R-Design Sapphire Black, Climate, BLIS (Gone)

Picked it up from the dealer

Here you go itís lovely

Dash cam fitted
      Phone mount fitted
      Stainless footrest fitted

Thought I would hate the crystal gear selector but surprisingly I love it

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast