Rear doors gather way too much snow/dirt, design flaw? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      That part should be a service bulletin freebie fix I think. Weird design flaw.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very disappointing. Volvo should reimburse anyone who buys and installs them.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      That part should be a service bulletin freebie fix I think. Weird design flaw.
      Quote Originally Posted by glenmick View Post
      Very disappointing. Volvo should reimburse anyone who buys and installs them.
      Perhaps to try to contact Volvo Sweden, it will be interesting what they will answer
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      Perhaps to try to contact Volvo Sweden, it will be interesting what they will answer
      Yeah, that answer would be quite interesting... ;-)

Just installed a set on my 2018 XC60. There are 3 plastic nuts and a screw already on the car. Just loosen the nuts with your fingers and use the hex wrench that comes with the set for the screw n the bottom. Took all but 10 minutes to install. The bottom edge of the pieces have a gap of about 1/4" from the bottom of the door.

Pic's pls
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

Thanks - yes please upload some pics...

I ordered the flat black for my Crystal White - after looking at the wheel well area, the black would blend in better and would be less noticeable...

So no one has pics of this actually installed?
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

I've ordered a set, but will take a month to arrive on a slow boat from China...
      2019 XC60 T8 Fusion Red R-Design - www.MotorSportUnPlugged.com -

I may install mine later today if I have time, and will post the pics. At first glance, the quality looks good and the color matches the manufacturer (pine grey for mine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PineGreyXC60 View Post
      I may install mine later today if I have time, and will post the pics. At first glance, the quality looks good and the color matches the manufacturer (pine grey for mine).
      Looking forward to the pics. I have the Metallic Crystal White -- I'm curious to see if anyone has pics of those.

Mine should be arriving today. I will post pics of the install and before\after photos.

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Well designed and constructed! A lot of thought and cost (mold development) has gone into developing these.

I test fit the left side yesterday and it seems to fit okay. A bit of a gap at the bottom, but it is too cold out in my garage to properly install these (-15'c out) and I want to wash the wheel well area out before installing them as there is a lot of road salt and sand.

I am glad I went with the black even though I have the metallic crystal white paint. The black blends in well into the wheel well - you cant really tell it is even there.

Quote Originally Posted by spas1 View Post
      Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Well designed and constructed! A lot of thought and cost (mold development) has gone into developing these.

I test fit the left side yesterday and it seems to fit okay. A bit of a gap at the bottom, but it is too cold out in my garage to properly install these (-15'c out) and I want to wash the wheel well area out before installing them as there is a lot of road salt and sand.

I am glad I went with the black even though I have the metallic crystal white paint. The black blends in well into the wheel well - you cant really tell it is even there.
      I am really interested to see these once you've installed them. I haven't ordered any yet, but I wouldn't be able to install either -- it's too cold here. It's -19'c today. Like you, I'd want to wash out the area well, then protect it with some good wax/sealant. Looking forward to your pics spas1

I drove on a muddy road yesterday, the red mud kind. Because of the posts here I checked out my car. Yep, the red mud was inside the back door on both sides. Before the mud hardened, I went to a car was where you spray the car yourself. When I got home I noticed that soap had not only seeped in the back door area, but it was under the seal at the bottom of the front doors.

So does this add on work?

What do you wanna bet the 20 addresses this? Well maybe the 21?
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Is this with or without the add-on guards?

Still no pics of anyone that has installed this yet still? I have the crystal white metallic and am curious to see the person who installed the black guards...

I'm waiting to see pics too

Quote Originally Posted by shamusom View Post
      Still no pics of anyone that has installed this yet still? I have the crystal white metallic and am curious to see the person who installed the black guards...
      ^^This
      Joe
      '19 XC60 T5 P* AWD R-Design

Installed, 5 minutes a side.

It took about 5 minutes per side. There are three plastics nuts and one screw to remove and re-install. The fit is pretty good.
      Last edited by johnauten; 03-13-2019 at 02:59 PM.
      16 V60P* (Rebel Blue)
      05 V70R MT (Red/Atacama)
      19 XC60 T6 RD (Wife's Ride/Fusion Red)

Wow, actual pic's........ thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      Wow, actual pic's........ thanks
      Happy to help others visualize the outcome. The next test will be to see how much dirt they keep of the lower portion of the doors. I cleaned them, now only time will tell. The guards arrived in about 10 days.
      16 V60P* (Rebel Blue)
      05 V70R MT (Red/Atacama)

Thanks, just placed the order

Quote Originally Posted by johnauten View Post
      Installed, 5 minutes a side.

It took about 5 minutes per side. There are three plastics nuts and one screw to remove and re-install. The fit is pretty good.
      Looks pretty good. Thanks for the pics. I wonder if anyone has pics of the black ones with the Metallic Crystal White. ?

That side shot looks really clean! also curious what the black ones look like with crystal white
      On order: 2020 S60 Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal, 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

Are you all ordering from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...AbTest=ae803_5 or do you have another store?

Thanks.
      2020 V60 Cross Country – Denim Blue/Charcoal, Advanced, Heated seats & steering wheel, 19'' wheels
      2018 XC60 T5 Inscription – Osmium Gray/Charcoal, Convenience, Vision, Heated front seats & steering wheel, 20'' wheels

Quote Originally Posted by beers View Post
      That side shot looks really clean! also curious what the black ones look like with crystal white
      Sorry guys - I’m on vacation this week for spring break with the kids. I get back on Sunday. I will post pics upon my return...

The black looks great on the red!!!

Your link does not appear to work. I used the link provided in post 27.
      Quote Originally Posted by dpokluda View Post
      Are you all ordering from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...AbTest=ae803_5 or do you have another store?

Thanks.
      16 V60P* (Rebel Blue)
      05 V70R MT (Red/Atacama)

Quote Originally Posted by johnauten View Post
      Your link does not appear to work. I used the link provided in post 27.
      Try this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/lsrt...AbTest=ae803_4

This is pine grey and I bought the protectors in the same color. The install took literally 5 minutes. I’ll see tomorrow if they do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      Wonder why there is a $40+ premium on jeans blue... are they using designer jeans?
      Our garage...

2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT - Machine Gray Metallic/Cherry Top/Black (FUN LITTLE TOY!!!)
      2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature - Machine Gray Metallic/Auburn Nappa (replacing with a OSD 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered)
      2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design w. Polestar tune - Black Sapphire Metallic/Offblack (Sold 2014)
      2006 Volvo S40 T5 Premium/Sport Package - Electric Silver/Offblack (Sold 2016)

So do these protectors keep it clean or not?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGlasses View Post
      So do these protectors keep it clean or not?
      +1

Also is it sturdy and functional enough to withstand two teenagers bumping into it getting in and out?

__________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Full day driving in mud and rain. Still clean!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast