Rear doors gather way too much snow/dirt, design flaw? - Page 6
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
      Quote Originally Posted by robogar View Post
      Has anyone found a place that ships these (the official Volvo ones) to Canada? Would love to have these installed before the snow and slush hits.
      I believe I already mentioned above in a previous post that you can purchase these locally in Toronto from any local Volvo dealer. I just ordered a set yesterday from Mississauga volvo for $37 CAD - they will be here on Tuesday. Normally takes 2 days but Monday is a holiday.

Hope this helps...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The dealers prices for these are much higher but they have them now. Why they aren't standard on builds yet is a shame..
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Rear doors gather way too much snow/dirt, design flaw?

My Volvo guards arrived today and I thought I would post some pics. These are made of a soft nylon as opposed to the Chinese ones which are a hard plastic. The Volvo ones are bigger and have a different shape and are very flexible. Finally the do fit the curvature of the rear door much better than the Chinese ones. There is no gap at the bottom - it has a very consistent gap from top to bottom.

Now that I have a spare set - if anyone is interested in them you can have them for cheap - send me a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by spas1; 10-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spas1 View Post
      My Volvo guards arrived today and I thought I would post some pics. These are made of a soft nylon as opposed to the Chinese ones which are a hard plastic. The Volvo ones are bigger and have a different shape and are very flexible. Finally the do fit the curvature of the rear door much better than the Chinese ones. There is no gap at the bottom - it has a very consistent gap from top to bottom.

Now that I have a spare set - if anyone is interested in them you can have them for cheap - send me a pm.

Do you happen to have a link to the part at the Volvo dealership in Canada? I'm located in Ottawa, but could order from Missisauga. I have the chinese ones installed, but the genuine volvo ones look better. Thanks.

I just called the parts department and ordered this part number - 32288517. It arrived in 2 days.

You can probably do the same at your local Ottawa Volvo dealership...

I'm wondering if this part will fit the 20 Polestar with it's wider wheel well trim. Looking at it it doesn't seem like it will fit right.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      I'm wondering if this part will fit the 20 Polestar with it's wider wheel well trim. Looking at it it doesn't seem like it will fit right.
      It doesn't matter which model it is: 18" - 22" with or without a wider wheel trim. This is located on the inside of the rear fender

2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Yeah I see that now once the door is open it should work.

Thanks much

This worked, stumbled on this forum when I was doing research on the issue. Indeed a design flow, interesting that Volvo had the screws in place for the mudguard. They should have added as standard, its just @6 or so, why not Volvo?

Thanks folks.

My dealer put the new OEM Volvo ones on my 2020 xc60 Polestar Engineered and they do the trick nicely and are mostly unnoticeable.

Tried to fit mine over the weekend and aborted half way through. The rear door actually closes ON the plastic near the bottom of the wheel well. It will close but only after making a loud "breaking plastic" noise. It was raining too so I bagged it for a different day.
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      My dealer put the new OEM Volvo ones on my 2020 xc60 Polestar Engineered and they do the trick nicely and are mostly unnoticeable.
      Dealer fitted mine too, took around 10 minutes for both

I put these on, so thankful to people who found them, it was a real problem last winter. Agree that they are effectively unnoticeable even on our white xc60. Fingers crossed that they do the job when the weather gets rough here.

Got these parts from Dealer for around $45 including tax. Installation on both sides took 15 mins total. Only had to use torx key on two of 8 fasteners. The other six fasteners used finger tightened plastic nuts. Gap is as shown in earlier pictures, around 1/8 to 3/16”. Let’s see how they work this winter with slushy roads here in central Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by n a m View Post
      Tried to fit mine over the weekend and aborted half way through. The rear door actually closes ON the plastic near the bottom of the wheel well. It will close but only after making a loud "breaking plastic" noise. It was raining too so I bagged it for a different day.
      When you install this, first remove the torque screw and then place the fender in place and start with the middle nut only turned one turn. The fit the top and bottom nuts - again only finger tight. Adjust the fender so there is even clearance around the full door arch. Tighten the nuts evenly. Finally insert the torque screw. This should fit perfectly.

If you find the door is still hitting the fender remove the torques screw, loosen the lower and middle nuts and then adjust the fender so it clears the door and then retighten accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the installation suggestions, spas1

Just ordered a 32288517 set for our 2018 XC60

Quote Originally Posted by spas1 View Post
      When you install this, first remove the torque screw and then place the fender in place and start with the middle nut only turned one turn. The fit the top and bottom nuts - again only finger tight. Adjust the fender so there is even clearance around the full door arch. Tighten the nuts evenly. Finally insert the torque screw. This should fit perfectly.

If you find the door is still hitting the fender remove the torques screw, loosen the lower and middle nuts and then adjust the fender so it clears the door and then retighten accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Sorry. I didn't see this. I installed the rear left again the next weekend and it was fine this time around. I had to force more of a bend into the plastic but it has been fine since. Thanks for the suggestions.
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6