Do you know how seat memory gets lost?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Do you know how seat memory gets lost?

Well, this is a real thing for me, though not serious enough to be annoying.

Every morning, I drive kids to school. I use my key, tied to my profile, locked. I unlock the car with key fob button, kids get in. I get in. The seat position would be my wife's setting 1. Profile is me, with my individual mode.

I then press 2 to change to my setting. And after I get home, I go to profile edit, and save settings to profile. Sometimes I double check and verify the seat position is indeed saved, by switching to position 1, lock the car, and unlock on handle, and see the seat moves to my position 2. All good and I lock the car. Perfectly fine.

Then wife drives the car to work with her key fob, her profile. My key fob is ugly and she never uses mine. I don't know what she does to seat position. Supposedly she unlocks on handle, profile will switch to hers.

Then next morning, I drive and find the seat again is at wife's position 1. I move to my position 2, lock car, unlock on handle and verify it moves to 1, seems 1 is indeed saved in my profile.

So what would be the magic that makes wife's setting saved in my profile? I can't figure out. Wife wouldn't bother to edit profile and save settings to my profile. My profile remains locked anyhow. And it is not a pleasant topic to bring up with wife.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 01-24-2019 at 01:11 AM.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Get your key, and make sure no other key is in the area. Make sure the first door you open is the driver's door. Pull up your profile. Unlock your profile. Adjusting everything (make sure key is tied to profile). Re-save the memory seat. Lock your profile. Click to save settings. Exit. Lock with finger on the driver's side door.

Repeat the steps with the second key. Make sure your wife's profile is locked.

Worked for me a while back when the seat kept going insane between our two profiles and barely ever adjusting.
      After doing the steps above we haven't had an issue in 7 months.
      Last edited by rumyn; 01-24-2019 at 09:47 PM.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated
      Hers: Lemon Law Buyback thread Onyx Black - 2018 XC60 T5 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Convenience, Advanced, Vision, Heated, Sport Steering Wheel

Today it worked for me. I am too lazy to spend 20 minutes running in and out to try two key fobs one by one and see if it reproduce.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

@rumyn - can you confirm after 9-10 months that this is the way to fix it? i.e. has it resorted back to profile switching over, but the seat going to a different stored memory position?

We have struggled with this since we owned the car. We have had two of the sales people look at this (one that was supposedly the wizard on all things Volvo). We have had the Tech's look at it. While not the only "issue" with the car, coming from a Nissan Pathfinder that never had this sort of issue (granted less customization/profile option) it is frustrating. And an issue that my wife really despises.

I feel like it will work for a little bit, but something happens that changes it, and I can't figure out what it is. We make sure we don't both have keys on us (which could confuse it). We make sure we lock the vehicle each time we get out (typically by pressing spot on handle). I really can't figure out what I/we are doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Canuck View Post
      @rumyn - can you confirm after 9-10 months that this is the way to fix it? i.e. has it resorted back to profile switching over, but the seat going to a different stored memory position?

We have struggled with this since we owned the car. We have had two of the sales people look at this (one that was supposedly the wizard on all things Volvo). We have had the Tech's look at it. While not the only "issue" with the car, coming from a Nissan Pathfinder that never had this sort of issue (granted less customization/profile option) it is frustrating. And an issue that my wife really despises.

I feel like it will work for a little bit, but something happens that changes it, and I can't figure out what it is. We make sure we don't both have keys on us (which could confuse it). We make sure we lock the vehicle each time we get out (typically by pressing spot on handle). I really can't figure out what I/we are doing wrong.
      Settings haven't reverted back in 15 months.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated
      Hers: Lemon Law Buyback thread Onyx Black - 2018 XC60 T5 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Convenience, Advanced, Vision, Heated, Sport Steering Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      You have given me hope. Hopefully this weekend I can take some time to follow your directions and see if it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      Its insane how much I learn from your posts.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      Its insane how much I learn from your posts.
      Glad to be of use.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Canuck View Post

One of the things that aggravates me about this. The keys are also dependent on who touches the door handle first, so if my wife gets to the car before I do she unlocks it with her key and the profile reverts to hers even though I am driving. The same for us when she is driving.

It's a minor inconvenience on the 2019, but takes a really long time to revert on the 2016. It seems faster to lock and unlock the car with the key assigned to your profile than waiting for the menu in Sensus.
      __________________________________________________ ____________

Hooligan of Volvo
      '19 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription; Pine Gray; Maroon Brown Leather; Pole*
      '16 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription; Ember Black; Charcoal Leather; Pole*

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements