VDASH - CEM Cracking Process? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Hmm, getting the message my CEM is not suported? when i try to run the crack process

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd probably blame the unknown hardware rather than the software in this case, but maybe Pavel can provide some insight in that particular issue.
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

Vdash is not support any other interfaces yet. I talked to Pavel.

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

It works 100% whit vida, but vida is ofcorse not support my car, its Reading the vin then it stopps.

Can't see any signatures on the phone, but I'd guess you have too new car. What you can do is enter as much as possible manually, since your car can't be automatically read (it didn't exist when that version of VIDA was ripped).
      Volvo (of course) V70 2009/2016, 2.5FT+

Yes, its to New 2016

What is the price to enable backup camera in S80 2007 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgaras View Post
      What is the price to enable backup camera in S80 2007 ?
      Prices are constantly changing. When I did it on my S60 it was $50 USD to enable front and rear parking assist cameras.
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

Reviving an older thread here, looking for some help. I've tried VDash on two different computers now (one painfully slow laptop, and a very high end gaming PC) and with both I can't seem to get past the "Detecting Vehicle" stage. I think I have confirmed that the DICE unit is communicating correctly (using the DICE Diagnostic tool) but VDASH doesn't seem to want to connect. Eventually I get a message saying "J2534 device is busy. Maybe another diagnostic application is active?". Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my DICE perhaps defective (it was bought off of Ebay). Thanks!
      2013 S60 T5 AWD Platinum - TDI-Tuning, IPD rear sway + end links, R-Design tower strut bar, ELEVATE turbo intake, ELEVATE air intake, H&R lowering springs, Magnaflow growl.

Quote Originally Posted by UTHorsey View Post
      Reviving an older thread here, looking for some help. I've tried VDash on two different computers now (one painfully slow laptop, and a very high end gaming PC) and with both I can't seem to get past the "Detecting Vehicle" stage. I think I have confirmed that the DICE unit is communicating correctly (using the DICE Diagnostic tool) but VDASH doesn't seem to want to connect. Eventually I get a message saying "J2534 device is busy. Maybe another diagnostic application is active?". Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my DICE perhaps defective (it was bought off of Ebay). Thanks!
      I had a similar issue with my DICE unit when connecting to VDASH. I was able to resolve the issue with an updated driver for the DICE unit, which I downloaded from the volvotechinfo.com

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
      Prices are constantly changing. When I did it on my S60 it was $50 USD to enable front and rear parking assist cameras.
      Intriguing. Does the 2015.5 S60 already have the cameras, or at least the rear, and can it be activated? Might be worth $50.

Thank you
      2015.5 S60 T5, color: Seashell. Our first Volvo. So far a good experience. 0% financing is what got us in the door. Features sealed the deal.

Hey sorry to bring up an old thread but need some advise if possible. I Purchased this DICE from ebay.
      https://www.ebay.ie/itm/VIDA-DICE-OBD2-Fault-Code-Reader-Diagnostic-Scan-Tool-For-Volvo-1999-2015-3-UK-/264388335818

Vdash keeps saying J2534 device is not connected and I cant move past the self test.

Can anyone tell me if this should work or is it the wrong chipset?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane023 View Post
      Hey sorry to bring up an old thread but need some advise if possible. I Purchased this DICE from ebay.
      https://www.ebay.ie/itm/VIDA-DICE-OB...-/264388335818

Vdash keeps saying J2534 device is not connected and I cant move past the self test.

Can anyone tell me if this should work or is it the wrong chipset?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advise.
      You need to download the DICE driver.

I have the driver and diagnostic unit downloaded, would just like to know of the the Dice with that particular chipset should work for me?

Does VDASH need to be connected via DICE to the car in order to work? I just downloaded the SW and it says "connecting to server" then shuts down after about a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by volvosp40 View Post
      Does VDASH need to be connected via DICE to the car in order to work? I just downloaded the SW and it says "connecting to server" then shuts down after about a minute.
      You need to be connected with your DICE unit to the car, and have internet connection.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar Tune
      • H&R Lowering Springs
      • Elevate Sway Bar
      • Elevate Carbon Fibre Intake
      • Alexander Performance Turbo-back Exhaust
      • Hilton Stage 2+
      • Polestar Accessories

1997 960 Wagon

Follow my builds at http://www.boostmoose.com

Will the changes made with Vdash (i.e. activating the rearview camera) still be there if the dealership applies updates to the car? And if not, will I have to buy the activation again from Vdash or will it remember my purchases and can I upload the activation again without charge?
      Last edited by -KJ-; 12-22-2019 at 11:16 AM.

I'm also trying to start the decoding process for my P3 CEM, but for some reason Vdash always shows a battery voltage of 10~10,5V, even when the car is running and with a 15A charger. If I measure it myself it is 12,80 in without a started engine and 14,7 with the charger. I measuered at the battery, the sigarette lighter and obd plug, but all the same, so the voltage seems fine.

Does someone have any idea why vdash shows a lower voltage? Maybe a bug in the software?

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
      Will the changes made with Vdash (i.e. activating the rearview camera) still be there if the dealership applies updates to the car? And if not, will I have to buy the activation again from Vdash or will it remember my purchases and can I upload the activation again without charge?
      Your past purchases are shown is your account 'history', so I can assume that you wouldn't have to purchase again.

Yes, I believe you could 'lose' the changes you made only if the module linked to that change is updated.
      Bright Silver 2015.5 V60, T6 3.0 AWD, P* tune, Simons Touring Catback, Eibach ProKit, various retrofits including adaptive OE xenon

Quote Originally Posted by Blueone View Post
      I'm also trying to start the decoding process for my P3 CEM, but for some reason Vdash always shows a battery voltage of 10~10,5V, even when the car is running and with a 15A charger. If I measure it myself it is 12,80 in without a started engine and 14,7 with the charger. I measuered at the battery, the sigarette lighter and obd plug, but all the same, so the voltage seems fine.

Does someone have any idea why vdash shows a lower voltage? Maybe a bug in the software?
      Weird.. Are you sure that you are 'live' and connected to the car ?
      Bright Silver 2015.5 V60, T6 3.0 AWD, P* tune, Simons Touring Catback, Eibach ProKit, various retrofits including adaptive OE xenon

Quote Originally Posted by Stef1 View Post
      Weird.. Are you sure that you are 'live' and connected to the car ?
      Yes, for sure. I can read dtc's etc so I don't know what is going wrong, for know I ordered a new dice, maybe that has something to do with it.

Yes, for sure. I can read dtc's etc so I don't know what is going wrong, for know I ordered a new dice, maybe that has something to do with it.
      Fixed, it was caused by a bad DICE, know have a new one and the cem cracking process was ready after 1,5 hour, quite fast.

But know I'v seen the prices of the car configuration page... those prices are crazy €110 to activate the towbar, €50 to change the setting for the seat heating, another €110 for changing the start/stop setting.

The dealer is asking €60 for activating the towbar including the software update. And changing the heat setting for the seats was another €15. Vdash is nice for dtc reading but way overprices for changing the car configuration.

Fixed, it was caused by a bad DICE, know have a new one and the cem cracking process was ready after 1,5 hour, quite fast.

But know I'v seen the prices of the car configuration page... those prices are crazy €110 to activate the towbar, €50 to change the setting for the seat heating, another €110 for changing the start/stop setting.

The dealer is asking €60 for activating the towbar including the software update. And changing the heat setting for the seats was another €15. Vdash is nice for dtc reading but way overprices for changing the car configuration.
      It really depends. In the US, dealers will often refuse to make adjustments so VDASH is the only option. For example, the dealers around me refused to enable global open/close (where you can open/close the windows with a long press on the key fob unlock/lock button) because it was never available on US cars from the factory. Same thing with removing the speed limiter.

VDASH can do things the dealers won't, and that's where it's useful. For normal things, yeah, the dealer is generally the way to go.
      I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design | 1998 S70 T5 SE | 1986 944 Turbo

Does Vdash work on P2 cars? Would love to be able to crack the CEM on my 05 US S60R and be able to swap the DIM to CDN spec.
      Yellow 95 850 T-5R - SOLD
      Black 98 S70 T5M - Heavily modded
      Laser 00 V70R M66 - 03 T5 motor M66 AWD swapped. Stevo tuned
      Sappicama 04 V70R M66 - Hilton Stage 1
      Magicama 05 S60R M66 - Stock
      Mysticama 05 S60R M66 - Stock
      Electic Nord 06 V70R M66 - Stock

Hi! Has any one had problem with very low voltage and decoding PIN? I have seen couple similar posts, but only solution is new dice. I have 10A charger, battery ir full, but VDASH voltage jumps always from 13+V to 6V and I cannot start decoding.
      I have decoded one car before, had similar problem. I just started decoding with running engine, once decoding started, no problem. But with second car this trick does not go through.
      I changed usb cable, no changes. Dice works fine with VIDA, voltage in VIDA does not drop at all. Any ideas?
      Last edited by renegats; 03-05-2020 at 01:11 AM.

I have the problem with the power too. VDash thinks there are only 9,9Volt. I measure 12.6V on the battery. VIDA also shows me 12.6V. I sent a message to the Czechs today and I am looking forward to the answer.

Greetings Andreas.

Quote Originally Posted by renegats View Post
      Hi! Has any one had problem with very low voltage and decoding PIN? I have seen couple similar posts, but only solution is new dice. I have 10A charger, battery ir full, but VDASH voltage jumps always from 13+V to 6V and I cannot start decoding.
      I have decoded one car before, had similar problem. I just started decoding with running engine, once decoding started, no problem. But with second car this trick does not go through.
      I changed usb cable, no changes. Dice works fine with VIDA, voltage in VIDA does not drop at all. Any ideas?
      I have a phev and thought i could get away with leaving it plugged in to work, battery dropped below 11v after around 2 hours...

When you say you leave the engine running, you just leave the car run whilst its doing it? I didn't realise that you could do that? I thought it had to be in ignition 2 with the engine off?

As I have a hybrid that makes me wonder If i can just leave the car running on battery mode, should last a good few hours with climate control/radio off and keep the 12v topped up that way?

Quote Originally Posted by AmanS View Post
      Hello

Can some one please help me with a link to download the English language package for my Volvo V60 2013 model.
      Currently dashboard language is in Polish and I want to change it to English
      You will need to buy this via VDASH. Approximately EUR40. Then you change the language using the VDASH menu.

Hi everyone,

I recently tried to put my "new" 2007 Vented seat into my 2008 V70 also with the parking assist and activated. Should I use the Vdash cracking it or I can just go to the dealer download the software?
      How long will it take for CRACKING with the win10 system and new computer?

I just ordered my Dice. Does Vdash charge to crack the CEM and ECM? Or are there just charges for the changes you want to make?

Thanks,
      Chris

No charge to crack it.
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

Thanks

Vdash nubie here. If I want to say, buy something from them, do I have to crack car first? And I don't see a list of available things I can do? I click on prices, but all it shows is languages?
      2002 V70 2.4T - EST exhaust/Elbrus 18x8s/Conti DW/Eibach/Koni FSD/Polk Audio/Boston Acoustics/Infinity -beater duty now
      2013 XC60 T6R-design- IPD exhaust- Ice White
      2015.5 V60 Polestar- Black- do88/TDI/GFB/APATuned DownPipe/AirBox Mods/Elevate rear bar [email protected] mph
      Mopar Tech

Quote Originally Posted by BellevilleV70 View Post
      Vdash nubie here. If I want to say, buy something from them, do I have to crack car first? And I don't see a list of available things I can do? I click on prices, but all it shows is languages?
      Configuration changes can't be done unless the cracking process is completed. If I remember correctly, the 'Car Configuration' button on the top right-side will bring you to the list of possible configuration changes. Put them in the basket and the pricing will be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Stef1 View Post
      Configuration changes can't be done unless the cracking process is completed. If I remember correctly, the 'Car Configuration' button on the top right-side will bring you to the list of possible configuration changes. Put them in the basket and the pricing will be shown.
      Ok, I must have to crack it first, as hardly anything is showing on config. ......I'll give it a try and see if it changes. Thanks!
      2002 V70 2.4T - EST exhaust/Elbrus 18x8s/Conti DW/Eibach/Koni FSD/Polk Audio/Boston Acoustics/Infinity -beater duty now
      2013 XC60 T6R-design- IPD exhaust- Ice White
      2015.5 V60 Polestar- Black- do88/TDI/GFB/APATuned DownPipe/AirBox Mods/Elevate rear bar [email protected] mph
      Mopar Tech

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast