My new XC90 MY2019 Inscription maple brown
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Today I got my new XC90 MY2019 Inscription maple brown D5. Before I had MY2016 for 3 months (before it collapsed) and then MY2017 for 2,5 years. I was curious to compare the new one to my MY2017 that went to the new owner today.

When about half year ago I had an opportunity to drive MY2018 R design, I was surprised by much more sophisticated silence in the cabin than in my car (that even had a special sound insulation made). That was quite promising and I am really pleased to say that Volvo made some tangible effort in this direction and my new car sounds much more silent and sophisticated inside than my previous one. This is really great. The dealer told me that when he was bringing my old car and then the new one - it was like driving another car, much more sophisticated.

The air suspension seems to be the same tiny bit hard as before, but it is ok.

My car has already Pilot Assist 3 and it seems to be a nice upgrade from PA2: finally the curves are now reliably followed and the car does not aim out of road or lane..

For a moment I maybe tiny regretted that I did not take B&W sound system as before but Harman Kardon Premium - but just because of that front speaker )) There is not that much difference in the overall sound and apart from it, I basically don't listen to any music in the car I just noticed there is a CD player there (wtf ? ) that occupies lot of space in the middle compartment. I hope it can be removed and thrown out ...

Volvo On Call is finally available here, so in a few days it will start working and remote pre-heating by mobile phone will be great in this tough winter.

My previous car had Polestar. This one not yet but I really cannot say it behaves less dynamic somehow ... not sure if it is necessary to install it there plus I remember when in the past I had a replacement XC90 for few days without Polestar, it seemed to me that the engine sound was more gentle somehow ... so let us see ...

Maybe I am mistaken but tonight I felt that the LED lights react a bit more quickly and reliably than before ...

So far quite satisfied ..

volv.jpg

volv 1.jpg
      2019 XC90 D5 Inscription, Maple Brown, Air Suspension, fully packed with all available packs

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Beautiful XC90 Ivos, that brown looks really nice!
      Pending delivery: 2020 S60 Polestar Engineered, Matte Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

@Ivos, very nice and congrats on your MY19. Really glad to hear about about your positive impressions and experiences. You have been a stalwart for progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 02-01-2019 at 05:28 PM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Congratulations! It looks great.

What makes you say that it has Pilot Assist 3?
      2019 XC90 T6 Momentum with Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon*Volvo View Post
      Congratulations! It looks great.

What makes you say that it has Pilot Assist 3?
      Because it simply has it (as all the XC90's from the week 46)
      2019 XC90 D5 Inscription, Maple Brown, Air Suspension, fully packed with all available packs

Good to know about PA3. Does it slow down a few mph when entering a curve? Eg, drives really like human.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Congratulations. I wasn't aware of that color.
      Denim Blue 2018 xc90 T6 Momentum+

Didn't know the Maple Brown is still available in Europe. In the U.S. it was dropped for the 2019 model year. I like my Maple Brown 2018, but don't see many of that color on the road.
      2006 XC70 (traded for XC60)
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD (traded for XC90)
      2018 XC90 T6 Momentum + Maple Brown metallic/amber leather, air suspension, (picked up at dealer 6/22/17)
      Added Polestar 10/26/17

Well, there is not very great colours choice for XC90 ... If I exclude the ordinary boring white, silver, black and grey that I really don't want, the colour that I had (golden sand or what was the name) and for sure I want another colour for a new car, just denim blue remains (that I don't like) and maple brown - which is quite nice and noble it seems. So the choice is easy And I like the fact that I don't see many of these on the road ... Today I went for some shopping and then could not find my car in the parking space and thought I was crazy to forget where I parked, while I was sure where it was ... And only after a while I remembered that I have different car colour ))
      Last edited by Ivos; 02-02-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Sweet looking ride, congratulations!

Our V90 T6 Inscription in Maple Brown/Amber gets a lot of compliments. Bet you’ll be getting a lot of admiring looks...

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivos View Post
      [
      Because it simply has it (as all the XC90's from the week 46)
      Sorry for being skeptical but there is no evidence on build week and PA3. It’s only hear-say so far. Btw, I too have a week 48 car.

Simply by the official specification supplied with the car, my car has PA 3. Plus it also behaves very different than PA 2

Simply by the official specification supplied with the car, my car has PA 3. Plus it also behaves very different than PA 2
      Sorry but can you clarify what you mean by "official specification"? Is this a piece of paper or a window sticker or an online link or? Can you attach a copy or photo or something?
      Last edited by nquery; 02-02-2019 at 03:23 AM.
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

It is within specifications given internally by manufacturer to the dealer and importer about this car in advance. And for sure I can say it behaves very different now - on the same piece of the curved road where I tested it few times before. The older version of PA was getting out road, now it firmly sticks to the curves and lanes.

It is within specifications given internally by manufacturer to the dealer and importer about this car in advance. And for sure I can say it behaves very different now - on the same piece of the curved road where I tested it few times before. The older version of PA was getting out road, now it firmly sticks to the curves and lanes.
      Hmmm ok. Have you actually seen this internal specifcation with PA 3 explicitly itemized and described or are you just paraphrasing what you were told etc? PA has been improved with software updates over time so you could also be noticing a difference in SW revs - maybe even the SW is now called "PA 3". Maybe there is new hardware. It seems somewhat speculative so far - the only hard evidence I know of is that the MY19 S60/V60 have PA "3" or an updated PA that integrates GPS data.
      Last edited by nquery; 02-02-2019 at 03:39 AM.

I am not going to call some government inspection to certify that. If the importer and dealer confirm specifications (among hundreds others), they have no reason not to tell the facts and I have no reason to doubt it. And I don't care if it is called PA3 or Donkey7. How it works is important. One of the PA3 specifications is that it works with the map data.

Great color! Good luck with her and thanks for the info on the differences.
      (Hers) Current Ride - 2017 XC60 T6 AWD
      ( His ) Current Ride - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD

(Hers) Past Rides - 93 244, 05 XC90, 15.5 XC60
      ( His ) Past Rides - 91 745, 05 S40 T5 FWD

Congratulations from Russia ))

Please make video PA3 with curves. Thank you.
      2016 XC90 D5 Luminous Sand

Quote Originally Posted by xc90rus View Post
      Congratulations from Russia ))

Please make video PA3 with curves. Thank you.
      Maybe some Russian driver will post video of PA3 soon showing hands free driving for hours.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 02-02-2019 at 08:42 AM.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

I am not going to call some government inspection to certify that. If the importer and dealer confirm specifications (among hundreds others), they have no reason not to tell the facts and I have no reason to doubt it.
      Unfortunately importers/dealers sometimes get confused and provide false information. It happens with Volvo USA/stateside dealers all of the time. Other forum members have been told by their dealers that PA3 will be available for older vehicles later this summer - which directly contradicts what your dealer told you. So who is right??

And I don't care if it is called PA3 or Donkey7. How it works is important. One of the PA3 specifications is that it works with the map data.
      Not arguing that - we all know that "PA3" on the new S60/V60 works that way.
      Last edited by nquery; 02-02-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Few small changes comparing to MY2017: Starting and switching off the engine now both only to the right (yes, more logical in a way). Can't help but it seems to me that LED lights react better and faster than before in the night. While closing and opening the door, the lock sound is now much more smoother than before. Folding the rear head rests by touching the button (but I somehow hate the fact that they cannot be removed - when folding the rear seats, they occupy unnecessary space (in my old XC70 they could be very easily removed). The Off Road mode is now the last after Dynamic (before, the Dynamic was the last). But the air suspension is the same hard as before...

After 3 years with Polestar, now I drive without Polestar. And I am not sure if I want the Polestar. The car seems to be the same powerful but a kind more gentler and softer. It is as if the engine with Polestar gets some slightly "roaring" sound ... I will try to compare directly if there is some MY19 with Polestar around ...

Nice car Ivos, congratulations! Does your VOC support remote engine start or remote pre-heating only?

Quote Originally Posted by HunFE View Post
      Nice car Ivos, congratulations! Does your VOC support remote engine start or remote pre-heating only?
      I will see next week when VOC will be installed. Is there any reason it should not work with all the options ? I hope it can remotely start the engine and cool down the car in the summer. At least this is the description of VOC that I can see. Don't scare me that here it could be limited again with something

I have my VOC installed on my First Edition D5 and it has all functions except remote engine start. My colleague who got just recently V60 D4 has both functions on the phone app.

Then I hope that for my recent XC90 it should normally work too.

So the remote start with VOC is confirmed ... There is one noticeable Polestar difference: without Polestar, changing to lower gear (when slightly up the hill etc.) takes few moments longer ...

oh! I didnt know that VOC app for older MYs didnt have remote start. My MY19 XC90 can be started remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon*Volvo View Post
      oh! I didnt know that VOC app for older MYs didnt have remote start. My MY19 XC90 can be started remotely.
      Remote start via VOC depends on market and model. MY16 XC90 T8 has remote start in NA and likely several other markets. It was put into MY17 production on Week 46 of MY17 and allowed for retrofit at no cost to owners in NA for T8’s but there is/was a deadline.

I don’t know about other models and markets (e.g., European Diesel models).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 02-04-2019 at 05:58 PM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

I asked the importer to confirm with the Volvo Sweden (based on my VIN) if my car has or not PA3 and in two days the manufacturer confirmed that this car is already equipped with PA3.

I asked the importer to confirm with the Volvo Sweden (based on my VIN) if my car has or not PA3 and in two days the manufacturer confirmed that this car is already equipped with PA3.
      When you make PA3 video for us?
      2016 XC90 D5 Luminous Sand

Quote Originally Posted by xc90rus View Post
      When you make PA3 video for us?
      As soon as the local 2 metres snow melt On most of roads no lanes visible here

Just saw XC90 MY2019 review at edmunds.com and I must somehow agree. While the cabin became really nicely silent comparing the previous versions, the harshness of the chassis somehow remains or is maybe even slightly harder than on my previous MY2017 (but it is maybe because the car is brand new ?). Every bump on the road is hard felt inside ... (I have air suspension).

"Comfort
      From the first time you sit down, it's obvious Volvo spent a lot of time on the XC90's seats. They're great. What's not so great is the ride. Our tester suffered from impact harshness over any bump that sent a physical and audible shock through the cabin. The cabin is extremely quiet otherwise."

Yes, unless there is some bump on the road, the cabin is very quiet and sophisticated ... Interesting why it is so, while for example Range Rover just flies above even harsh road as if ...

The day will never come where I own a car the same color as feces.
      Still the same guy complaining about his XC90 yet he continues to buy them. What a dolt.

Just saw XC90 MY2019 review at edmunds.com and I must somehow agree. While the cabin became really nicely silent comparing the previous versions, the harshness of the chassis somehow remains or is maybe even slightly harder than on my previous MY2017 (but it is maybe because the car is brand new ?). Every bump on the road is hard felt inside ... (I have air suspension).

"Comfort
      From the first time you sit down, it's obvious Volvo spent a lot of time on the XC90's seats. They're great. What's not so great is the ride. Our tester suffered from impact harshness over any bump that sent a physical and audible shock through the cabin. The cabin is extremely quiet otherwise."

Yes, unless there is some bump on the road, the cabin is very quiet and sophisticated ... Interesting why it is so, while for example Range Rover just flies above even harsh road as if ...
      I am surprised that you are surprised, particularly given that you already owned this vehicle. It's not like the XC90 has really changed much in the past two model years.
      Frankly, the skittish/rough ride is one of the more well known cons/negatives across much of the current SPA platform, particularly the XC90.
      If you want a comfortable ride one needs to steer towards the V90/V60 Cross Country with their different suspension/tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by nquery View Post
      I am surprised that you are surprised, particularly given that you already owned this vehicle. It's not like the XC90 has really changed much in the past two model years.
      Frankly, the skittish/rough ride is one of the more well known cons/negatives across much of the current SPA platform, particularly the XC90.
      If you want a comfortable ride one needs to steer towards the V90/V60 Cross Country with their different suspension/tuning.
      Well, many things are being improved, for example the cabin sound insulation evolved a lot from MY2016 and MY2017 and now it is really very good. Pity that the suspension hardness was not taken care of as well ... Maybe in MY2023 ? I mean - who likes to feel road bumps sharply in his buttocks ? In a car of this status and price range ?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast