My new XC90 MY2019 Inscription maple brown - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      As I wrote to Ivos some days ago, my european First Edition D5 does not have this feature. It looks like they introduced it in the recent models though.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ivos View Post
      Well, many things are being improved, for example the cabin sound insulation evolved a lot from MY2016 and MY2017 and now it is really very good.
      I am going to make an educated guess that the improved cabin sound insulation is more likely due to your new vehicle having laminated side windows as a standard feature vs whatever trim you bought 2 years ago. They are not included in any US XC90 trims at all afaik, but are more often than not included in European trims. They can make a big difference. See prior threads on Swedespeed.

While no doubt Volvo is always making incremental fixes/improvements to the core platform, I think that many of the 'changes' you are perceiving are more about various trim option changes and software improvements. (not that there is anything wrong with those).
      Last edited by nquery; 02-05-2019 at 11:44 PM.
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by nquery View Post
      I am going to make an educated guess that the improved cabin sound insulation is more likely due to your new vehicle having laminated side windows as a standard feature vs whatever trim you bought 2 years ago.
      Your educated guess is wrong because I had the same laminated windows etc. even before The difference is quite obvious (to everyone who could directly compare) and is not a matter of software ... I was in a direct communication with Volvo Sweden some time ago and they told me that as sound insulation is concerned, they try to improve it with every new model ... Now maybe they could concentrate on the suspension

But overall I am very happy with the car, it is a clear improvement over the previous one in many aspects. I would give it 9 of 10 And that one point directs to the suspension that I am sure will be improved sooner or later. I could have chosen any other SUV (and I tried most of them - Audi, RR, Mercedes etc.) but none of them has such a generous cargo space that is very important for me. And I like the external and internal look too.

It is already my fifth Volvo car (after V70, XC70, XC90 MY 2016 and MY 2017

Still pondering about Polestar. While it is obvious that without it the lower gear is shifted a bit more hesitantly, still not sure if I really need it ... (after having it for the last 3 years).

I quite like the sound of Harman Kardon Premium sound system - but in the "Driver" mode only, in the "All" mode a bit less ...
      Last edited by Ivos; 02-06-2019 at 01:45 AM.
      2019 XC90 D5 Inscription, Maple Brown, Air Suspension, fully packed with all available packs

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Wow, there is one thing that is really hard to believe ... Even after those maybe 3 years people keep mentioning that bug all the time everywhere, even in this brand new car with the latest SW updates, it is happening again and again every day: THE SAVED HEAD-UP DISPLAY POSITION KEEPS CHANGING EVERY DAY - and every morning I have to put it down again and next day it is up and invisible again. Now, come on Volvo, do you mean it seriously ? Maybe time so slowly fix this small annoyance ?

palm.jpg
      2019 XC90 D5 Inscription, Maple Brown, Air Suspension, fully packed with all available packs

Just saw XC90 MY2019 review at edmunds.com and I must somehow agree. While the cabin became really nicely silent comparing the previous versions, the harshness of the chassis somehow remains or is maybe even slightly harder than on my previous MY2017 (but it is maybe because the car is brand new ?). Every bump on the road is hard felt inside ... (I have air suspension).

"Comfort
      From the first time you sit down, it's obvious Volvo spent a lot of time on the XC90's seats. They're great. What's not so great is the ride. Our tester suffered from impact harshness over any bump that sent a physical and audible shock through the cabin. The cabin is extremely quiet otherwise."

Yes, unless there is some bump on the road, the cabin is very quiet and sophisticated ... Interesting why it is so, while for example Range Rover just flies above even harsh road as if ...
      I recently was given a MY19 XC90 T6 loaner and was frankly surprised about how harsh the ride was. I checked and I rechecked if I was in the comfort mode and I was. Every little bump, every pothole, every crack! And it also had smaller size wheels than what I'm used to driving around.

And then a couple of hours later I drove the same patch of road on my V90CC and voila, it's almost as if the Michigan road quality improved to German Autobahn levels, immediately.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

My new XC90 MY2019 Inscription maple brown

Just to confirm, is the HUD display settings saved with both the Seat Memory and the Driver Profile? Mine has been rock solid for over a year now.

I suppose different MYs can have slightly different code and possibly hardware with regards to HUD. Have you noticed any new functionality in HUD with MY19?

Hope it gets resolved soon.
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 02-06-2019 at 07:39 AM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      Just to confirm, is it HUD display settings saved with both the Seat Memory and the Driver Profile? Mine has been rock solid for over a year now.

I suppose different MYs can have slightly different code and possibly hardware with regards to HUD. Have noticed any new functionality in HUD with MY19?

Hope it gets resolved soon.
      It was randomly happening in the previous car - sometimes every day, sometimes once in two weeks etc. Here, in the new car, I have my profile saved, incl. seat adjustment, yet every morning the HUD jumps up and I have to bring it down always ...

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post
      I recently was given a MY19 XC90 T6 loaner and was frankly surprised about how harsh the ride was. I checked and I rechecked if I was in the comfort mode and I was. Every little bump, every pothole, every crack! And it also had smaller size wheels than what I'm used to driving around.

And then a couple of hours later I drove the same patch of road on my V90CC and voila, it's almost as if the Michigan road quality improved to German Autobahn levels, immediately.
      Hmm hmm, I really wonder why it is so ... If they are able to make a decent soft suspension in V90, why not in XC90 (which is supposed to be "luxurious" car too ...)

Hmm hmm, I really wonder why it is so ... If they are able to make a decent soft suspension in V90, why not in XC90 (which is supposed to be "luxurious" car too ...)
      From what I understand, my MY18 V90CC has the touring chassis which (might be) set-up softer. The XC90 might be equipped with the sports chassis. Also, my V90CC has 4C and Air suspension. I failed to check if the loaner XC90 has air suspension as well. Frankly, it would not have mattered because coming from the much softer V90CC, the ride was pretty much jarring and surprising to me!
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

I think they usually like to tune it to firm side. XC60 is also softer. Maybe they got some feedback on XC90.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by OURDESIGN View Post
      The day will never come where I own a car the same color as feces.
      Still the same guy complaining about his XC90 yet he continues to buy them. What a dolt.
      This is a gorgeous color brown....looks fantastic. Wish it was an option in the US still. Certainly would not look at this SUV and compare it to waste...

For comparison, my first car as a teen was a '69 Bug...which was ~12yrs old when I got it. It's was a very faded brown probably 2nd or 3rd paint job...we called her Pterodactyl Sh##

Quote Originally Posted by OURDESIGN View Post
      The day will never come where I own a car the same color as feces.
      Still the same guy complaining about his XC90 yet he continues to buy them. What a dolt.
      The only thing that looks like feces are your continuous useless comments of this kind, dear guy ... Maybe you should first learn some basic civilised manners before attempting to write something in public. I will give you a valuable advice (that I already gave you before): if you are not interested in some discussion or it is beyond your understanding, don't read it, not speaking of commenting. It is as simple as that ... Only a dolt would keep doing that (to use your terminology).

I’m brand new to the forum, and Volvo’s in general as I am looking at buying my wife our first Volvo with a CPO XC90. That being said I find this brown color stunning looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Theanimala View Post
      I’m brand new to the forum, and Volvo’s in general as I am looking at buying my wife our first Volvo with a CPO XC90. That being said I find this brown color stunning looking!
      Yes, it is really beautiful. I was a bit afraid how it will look in reality but it surpassed my expectation. We both agreed with my son that we somehow like it more than the previous sand metallic. It looks very warm and noble and has some nice golden metallic dots all over ... Always a pleasure to look at it.

Amazing color, congrats and enjoy it!

I am going to make an educated guess that the improved cabin sound insulation is more likely due to your new vehicle having laminated side windows as a standard feature vs whatever trim you bought 2 years ago.
      I have to disagree here, based on my own experience. I have a MY17 (purchased June 2016) XC90 Inscription, which has had b-pillar modifications etc to improve sound insulation and road noise. After these mods, I also had a MY18 XC90 for the day while my car was in for service, and the noise levels in the cabin were immediatly obvious. The whole car had a feeling of improved insulation, with less noise penetration from the road, passing traffic and a more muted engine sound. Others on the UK Volvo forum have also made similar observations.

:wq

Quote Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
      I have to disagree here, based on my own experience. I have a MY17 (purchased June 2016) XC90 Inscription, which has had b-pillar modifications etc to improve sound insulation and road noise. After these mods, I also had a MY18 XC90 for the day while my car was in for service, and the noise levels in the cabin were immediatly obvious. The whole car had a feeling of improved insulation, with less noise penetration from the road, passing traffic and a more muted engine sound. Others on the UK Volvo forum have also made similar observations.

Ok fair enough. Given both yours and Ivos comments I stand corrected. Good to hear that Volvo has improved it!
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post

Yes, it is simply like this ... I would not share it if it is not obvious

Small photo from today ..

vol.jpg

I wonder when that VOC PIN is supposed to come ? All the registration etc. was done half day ago and still no PIN arrived. Is it normal ?

I wonder when that VOC PIN is supposed to come ? All the registration etc. was done half day ago and still no PIN arrived. Is it normal ?
      What PIN? Is your VOC app working now? Call them if you think you need something.

i waited that pin for 8 days

Strange ... are they painting it, drying or what ? Should be question of few seconds ?

In USA,I got a text message with PIN in about 10 mins.
      2019 XC90 T6 Momentum with Polestar

Maybe I totally forgot my PIN. I forgot everything once added the vehicle in VOC app and only login to app and do everything there.
      The quick way seems to be:

"press the On Call button in the car to receive your new PIN code via e-mail and/or text message"

Quote Originally Posted by gsb4522 View Post
      Didn't know the Maple Brown is still available in Europe. In the U.S. it was dropped for the 2019 model year. I like my Maple Brown 2018, but don't see many of that color on the road.
      Oh no! Seriously! I have the 2018 Maple Brown as well. Am planning to go with 2021 T8 at the end of my lease, and to be honest, was seriously thinking of staying with the Maple Brown. :-( What color did they replace it with? That Maple Brown is incredibly beautiful and I get SO MANY compliments on the color!

There is no question that Volvo improves the car every MY, but I would love to see a blind test with all the people that say they feel a massive noise difference. I am extremely picky and couldn't tell any road noise differences between my MY16 and MY18. When I read this forum it looks like people are comparing a Volvo ÖV 4 with a 2019 XC90.

Quote Originally Posted by carz View Post
      There is no question that Volvo improves the car every MY, but I would love to see a blind test with all the people that say they feel a massive noise difference. I am extremely picky and couldn't tell any road noise differences between my MY16 and MY18. When I read this forum it looks like people are comparing a Volvo ÖV 4 with a 2019 XC90.
      Well, there is really a difference in the cabin noise between 2017 and 2019 ... But I would say it comes more from better engine insulation than road (chassis) noise insulation.

Well, that VOC activation becomes a kind of story ... On Friday I received a call from my dealer saying that the problem of not receiving my PIN is based on the fact that my iPhone and App store seem not to be based on the local market but show to be based in South African Republic WTF ? I bought the phone 3 months ago from the local Apple authorised store and yes, I have set it to English language, but it should matter ? I downloaded VOC application (made by Volvo Corporation) from the only available App store on my phone. I think the problem is on Volvo side. They said they will reset my Volvo ID on Monday and try again .. so let us see ...

Question

Well, that VOC activation becomes a kind of story ... On Friday I received a call from my dealer saying that the problem of not receiving my PIN is based on the fact that my iPhone and App store seem not to be based on the local market but show to be based in South African Republic WTF ? I bought the phone 3 months ago from the local Apple authorised store and yes, I have set it to English language, but it should matter ? I downloaded VOC application (made by Volvo Corporation) from the only available App store on my phone. I think the problem is on Volvo side. They said they will reset my Volvo ID on Monday and try again .. so let us see ...
      Did you ever get around to making a video showing PA3 in action on curves? I can't find any on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bhilmer View Post
      Did you ever get around to making a video showing PA3 in action on curves? I can't find any on YouTube
      I don't find anyone with PA3 yet. Those V60P* cars are said to have "PA with navi" per Volvo configuration website. But seems no V60 P* drivers care or report back about PA.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

35. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2