P* upgrade registration.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

P* upgrade registration.

Hi guys. Switching from a 535xi wagon,I just purchased 18 v90 T6 with 9K and as a part of the deal I’m getting the P* upgrade installed on the car. Now I read posts with the polestar links to register the tune but those seem to be not there anymore. All there is now is a link to a dealer search. Am I missing something? I would love to verify somewhere that the tune was indeed installed and get that certification for it. I will ask them when I pick the car up but wanted to ask prior so I have more info on hand.
      Thanks Roman

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congratulations on the recent V90 purchase, I am too a new owner of a V90 CC coming from a 535xi wagon!

From what I've read, P* optimizations and upgrades are done by the Volvo dealer, so you'd be safe at any dealer equipped to do the upgrade.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

after few weeks received envelope from Europe with official certificate of P* upgrade with the VIN of the car.

Great

Quote Originally Posted by pocholin View Post
      Congratulations on the recent V90 purchase, I am too a new owner of a V90 CC coming from a 535xi wagon!

From what I've read, P* optimizations and upgrades are done by the Volvo dealer, so you'd be safe at any dealer equipped to do the upgrade.
      What are your thoughts on the Volvo coming from the BMW? Good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by BusteRT6 View Post
      Thank you for the link, I did the registration of user name/password I just can not find a Botton to click on and register vin # on that portal.
      There is model selector with all the models you can install it on that page ens with "find your dealer, there is the information on how it works and what parts of the car are optimized but no such place that would indicate register your VIN# with polestar to get your small package with certificate. The only place that mentions the VIN is clicking on Contact us.
      Is that what you do?

Im happy so far. But then again time will tell. The Volvo has many more electronic modules and my initial observation is that the Sensus from 2018 struggles a lot to get it on screen in timely manner.Some of the plastics on the 535 were better quality and the handling was much tighter. I was also shocked that there is no cargo cover in this wagon and I need to dump $370 to get it.That are some of the initial issues that I have after 300 miles in my blue babe. Other than that I love it.

Entering a POI in the 535...and finding it was much easier too! I cannot believe how hard it is to find any POI because you must select the type...and there's not one for horseback riding for example. Sports doesn't include anything remotely close to stables or equestrian.

I am now getting into the habit of using Volvo on-call to find it in the app's map and sending it to the car, that has worked well...but I shouldn't have to do it that way :-/
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

Quote Originally Posted by rkohou View Post
      What are your thoughts on the Volvo coming from the BMW? Good choice?
      I am sorry, somehow I missed your question all these times I saw this post!

Well, it is an entire different vehicle, other than it is a wagon. The BMW is truly a sports wagon and this is truly a luxury wagon. One side of me misses the connection with the drive and the fury (once tuned) of that in-line 6 cyl, but the other part of me really enjoys the calmness the Volvo drives with. No regrets thus far. I am ready to take my compromises for comfort, so having less HP and connection with the drive are acceptable compromises for a beautiful new body and super comfortable ride.

I will be attempting to get a little more from the engine, to at least have a more responsive engine, I'll document and post my findings ;-)
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

Quote Originally Posted by rkohou View Post
      Im happy so far. But then again time will tell. The Volvo has many more electronic modules and my initial observation is that the Sensus from 2018 struggles a lot to get it on screen in timely manner.Some of the plastics on the 535 were better quality and the handling was much tighter. I was also shocked that there is no cargo cover in this wagon and I need to dump $370 to get it.That are some of the initial issues that I have after 300 miles in my blue babe. Other than that I love it.
      Mine came with the cargo cover. I wonder if yours is missing because it was purchased as a used car.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvo’s: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70, 98 V70 (twins to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Both 2018 V90 have cargo cover standard, you just have to pay $100 for automatic function on R-design

Where would I find it on paper so dealer stops denying. He keeps on telling me it is not written anywhere therefore it is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can find it on Volvo site, V90 features in versatility folder

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements