Cold Air Under Driver Seat
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Cold Air Under Driver Seat

I have a 2017 XC90 Inscription. I've noticed that there is cold outside air coming in underneath the seat somewhere that is keeping the footwell very cold. Unless I have the heat blasting it's quite noticeable. Anyone else have this issue? Not sure exactly where it's coming from, but I can feel it when I put my hand down there while driving, and the metal seat frame is always freezing.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thought I'd bump my own post since this is still happening and I thought maybe a tech here could chime in. It's gotten cold out again, and once again there is cold air coming in somewhere under both the front driver and passenger seats. This is not air from the ventilation system, this is frigid outside air seeping in around where the carpet holes are under both seats. When it's 25F out I am having to blast the footwell heat just to keep it warm enough not to be annoying. Had plenty of luxuryish cars, this is the first one I've owned that's actively leaked outside air. Anoyone else have this issue? I asked Volvo Portland where I live to look at it and they said they couldn't find the cause, but my car can't be the only one out there.

Any ideas?

2017 XC90 Inscription

I'm pretty much sure this is not the case but still gonna ask - when you try to heat up the car, is your AC button in On or Off position? I recently realized that I had AC on and putting heat to 75 didn't make a thing to me..
      06 V70R Sonicap
      surf/skate/snow/smile-mobile
      16 XC90 fam-mobile

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Kirlo View Post
      I'm pretty much sure this is not the case but still gonna ask - when you try to heat up the car, is your AC button in On or Off position? I recently realized that I had AC on and putting heat to 75 didn't make a thing to me..
      Nope, I've tried it both AC on and off. Strange that you weren't getting heat with AC on and heat turned up, I can fry an egg when I turn it up, but it's an icebox under the seat. I guess I'll ask them to check again at my 40k mile service in a few weeks.

Perhaps I didn't crank up the heat high enough and AC was still overpowering..

Another suggestion would be to check underneath the car to see if any rubber plugs are missing...
      06 V70R Sonicap
      surf/skate/snow/smile-mobile
      16 XC90 fam-mobile

I just posted this and noticed similar post:

since the temperature are getting to sub freezing. I am noticing some cold spots near the driver door where my knee and lower leg rest on the door.
      I am getting heat from the bottom vents, but I can notice some cold spots. Anyone else notice that on the XC90?

Quote Originally Posted by orcking View Post
      I just posted this and noticed similar post:

since the temperature are getting to sub freezing. I am noticing some cold spots near the driver door where my knee and lower leg rest on the door.
      I am getting heat from the bottom vents, but I can notice some cold spots. Anyone else notice that on the XC90?
      Weather stripping issue? Why not take to dealer for a look about since your vehicle is still under warranty.

Most likely the dealer wont know what to do. I am asking since the users of the car would know if this would be a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Weather stripping issue? Why not take to dealer for a look about since your vehicle is still under warranty.

I asked about this quite awhile ago, and again just a few days ago. Apparently it's not a common problem. I took mine to the dealer, they said they had no idea. I'm going to ask them to look again when I take it back in a few weeks, if they suddenly come up with anything I'll post back.

Quote Originally Posted by orcking View Post
      Most likely the dealer wont know what to do. I am asking since the users of the car would know if this would be a known issue.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements