I want to make my volvo as quiet as possible. It is already the quietest car i own. There are 3 noises i wish to address.
1. Exhaust drone from the IPD catback. I already coated the spare tire well with 80 mill offbrand dynamat. (not really ment to stop noise, but should help prevent any resonance)
2. Stop wind noise
3. Quiet road noise as much as possible
To this effort my plan is to coat the car doors with 80 Mill Vibration dampening material (offbrand dynamat) to stop any resonance, and some Dynaliner as an acoustic barrier. In the trunk the plan is to put a layer of 1/2 inch dynaliner over everything that i have already coated with the dampener. I have to be careful here as i have a sub in the trunk, and while i want to stop the exhaust drone, i DONT want to stop the Sub. This means I cant insulate the trunk from the cabin completely.
1. Dynaliner comes in 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8" thicknesses. I know i cant fit 1/2 in the doors, but would 1/4 fit and still allow the panels on?
2. I am doing the doors and the easily accessed areas of the trunk. Are there any other areas that i should focus on like the Pillars?
3. Has anyone used the Acoustic barrier products before, and if so what were your results.