v90 CC OR P* T6: 10k service - full software upgrade...quicker & smoother shifts?!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
      Junior Member hackR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      111

      v90 CC OR P* T6: 10k service - full software upgrade...quicker & smoother shifts?!

      I really don't think i'm crazy or experiencing some type of placebo effect...but today i had my 10k service with the full software update...and the car defintely feels quicker and shifts much more smoothly in both comfort and dynamic modes...noticeably enhanced...would be interesting to know if others experience this...

      Background:

      Build date 02/2018...in service date 06/2018...demo period 06/2018-10/2018...purchased with 6k miles and had the dealer install P* optimization...i have no idea whether the car was updated since the build date and/or with the P* install...

      Also had the "Oncoming Mitigation with Braking" accessory (Part#32261826) installed for $100usd... http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...n-with-braking
      Last edited by hackR; 02-15-2019 at 10:21 AM.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      10,771
      They must have washed your car - clean cars always run better!
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    4. #3
      Junior Member hackR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      111
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      They must have washed your car - clean cars always run better!
      i have a "do not wash" (DNW) order on file with Volvo Service for my Ocean Race since i had it polymer coated...

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      10,771
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      i have a "do not wash" (DNW) order on file with Volvo Service for my Ocean Race since i had it polymer coated...
      Reminds me of a "DNR" order, lol, but in a good way.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    7. #5
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      579
      Who knows but just an FYI that this is the first item listed in the November Total software update:

      -Improvement of the transmission system's optimisation

      Or maybe the polestar software was optimized (apparently any P* updates are included in the TSU)
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2017
      Posts
      163
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      I really don't think i'm crazy or experiencing some type of placebo effect...but today i had my 10k service with the full software update...and the car defintely feels quicker and shifts much more smoothly in both comfort and dynamic modes...noticeably enhanced...would be interesting to know if others experience this...

      Background:

      Build date 02/2018...in service date 06/2018...demo period 06/2018-10/2018...purchased with 6k miles and had the dealer install P* optimization...i have no idea whether the car was updated since the build date and/or with the P* install...

      Also had the "Oncoming Mitigation with Braking" accessory installed for $100usd... http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...n-with-braking
      hi,
      i just had my XC60 T6 serviced and i noticed the same thing...!
      can you please give me the part no for oncoming mitigation by braking?
      '18 XC60 T6 R-design-Polestar-Crystal pearl white-Xenium pack-winter pack-paddles-smartphone int.-high line lights-21" 255/40/21

    9. #7
      Junior Member hackR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      111
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris60 View Post
      hi,
      i just had my XC60 T6 serviced and i noticed the same thing...!
      can you please give me the part no for oncoming mitigation by braking?
      cool that i am not alone...and definitely good news for those that feel the car/platform is "clunky"...definitely smoother, more peppy...

      Part# is 32261826 (for v90cc)...not sure if this is ubiquitous part# across all model lines...

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      259
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      cool that i am not alone...and definitely good news for those that feel the car/platform is "clunky"...definitely smoother, more peppy...

      Part# is 32261826 (for v90cc)...not sure if this is ubiquitous part# across all model lines...
      I had that installed as well, paid $260 though sadly.

      Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
      Current:
      2018 V90CC ,Osmium Grey / Blond, Luxury Package, Heads Up Display, B&W Sound, Trailer Hitch, Convenience Package, Polestar - "Julia" ,August 2017 OSD
      1987 Ferrari Testarossa - "Scarlett"
      2003 Porsche 911 - "Sally"

      Sold:
      1987 Mercedes 300TD - "Veggie" ran off vegetable oil.
      2002 V70XC - "Lisbeth" - Sold 4/14/2018 with 130,202 miles.

    11. #9
      Junior Member TnoV60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      585
      Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      cool that i am not alone...and definitely good news for those that feel the car/platform is "clunky"...definitely smoother, more peppy...

      Part# is 32261826 (for v90cc)...not sure if this is ubiquitous part# across all model lines...
      Looks like you went through a software update. I read, not long ago, that the P* optimization was updated in October 2018 for better (as usual). Anyway, check with your dealer to see what update they have made ;-)
      2016 V60 T5 2.0 FWD Premier Onyx Black Metallic: : BLIS | ERST Intake | IPD Rear Sway Bar | IPD F&R End Links | Powerflex "Race" Torque Rod | RD Suspension | IPD Skid Plate | Volvo Cap Mirror Satin Presentation
      Sold 2008 S40 2.4 FWD - Grey Metallic | K&N Filter | B4 & Koni Suspension

      Monthly Seattle, WA: Meet and Greet Topic: HERE

    12. #10
      Junior Member hackR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      111
      Quote Originally Posted by TnoV60 View Post
      Looks like you went through a software update. I read, not long ago, that the P* optimization was updated in October 2018 for better (as usual). Anyway, check with your dealer to see what update they have made ;-)
      I had P* installed 11/2/2018 when i took delivery on a demo that was put in service in June 2018...i have no idea if they install P* over the existing system or upgrade the base system prior to P*..my hunch is the latter - they just install P* over the current version...does anyone know?...

      re: software installed...i had my 10k service checkup and they did a total system upgrade - which does include P*...i've seen previous "release notes" on other system updates, but nothing since November 2018...so not sure if they enhanced anything else on the base systems and/or P* between November and February...

    13. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. '07 S60R GT - Flare shifts, hard shifts, oh my...
      By yelloboy in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 05-03-2018, 11:56 PM
    2. Replies: 23
      Last Post: 09-01-2017, 10:32 PM
    3. 10K Service Positive and Negative on Software Upgrade
      By mtuhoop24 in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 04-18-2017, 12:21 PM
    4. Volvo Car Canada Announces V90 and V90 CC Pricing and Packaging
      By alex_v in forum S90 & V90, V90CC (SPA: 2017 - )
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 11-02-2016, 06:18 PM
    5. '04 S60R GT - harsh 1-2/2-1 shifts (and some 2-3/3-2 shifts)
      By VadGTI in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 12-10-2009, 01:35 AM