Good Morning guys!
As I am closing in on 25k miles in my 8-month-old V90CC and nearing the last free service, I was wondering if now would be a good time to start looking into prepaid-maintenance plans for the Vehicle?
I plan to keep this Vehicle for a long time to come and would like to be proactive about maintenance especially with my last minute 1000-mile road trip plans.
With my initial (google) research, it seems the plans offered are (only) up to 100,000 miles and every service (according to the Volvo service manual) after the first 3 free ones end-up costing in the $400-$600 range for every 10k miles up to 100,000 miles. That's almost $4.5k (pessimistically) and about $3k (optimistically) for 7 Vehicle services up to 100k miles.
I had a bunch of questions I needed to ask fellow V/CC/S90 owners here,
1) Anyone here has signed up or even looked closely into these pre-paid maintenance plans?
2) If signed up, why? and if not, why?
3) How much were you quoted/charged and for what plan?
4) How many miles did you have on your Vehicle when you were quoted for the maintenance plan?
5) Anyone here compared the pros and cons between buying a prepaid-maintenance plan v/s an extended warranty for their Volvo? What did you finally end up picking and why?
Appreciate your feedback. Thank you for all your comments and help!