Volvo financing rates
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Volvo financing rates

What's the range people are seeing?

Without giving away your credit score, if you share a rate can you say whether your credit is bad, good, or excellent?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Those links are a year or more old. Was curious what some more recent rates have been through Volvo.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

5.06% for 60 months for well-qualified borrowers in midwest. I literally got all this information from: https://ebusiness.dealertrack.com/Su...lace:0:43095:0

OEM finance will be much more expensive than what your personal credit union/bank will give you. Volvo quoted me around 6% last June for my V90CC. A swedespeed member here, nquery, adviced me to check out lightstream, an online bank. After my local CU offered me a 2.4%, lightstream beat it by 0.1% and I currently have a 2.3% for 60 months. My score was 750+ back then.

Not bad for someone who just had a 2-year credit history in the USA.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Thanks, that's helpful. I've come across lightstream, but wasn't sure how legit it was, so it's good to know someone has experience with it.

Local dealer claims they do 2.99%, though we can't start the process since there's no car built yet, so no VIN to work off. But that rate is better than our credit union or any of the local banks.

I'm guessing that a lot of (most?) dealers tack on a few points to make themselves money on top of the Volvo financial quoted amount.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      Thanks, that's helpful. I've come across lightstream, but wasn't sure how legit it was, so it's good to know someone has experience with it.

Local dealer claims they do 2.99%, though we can't start the process since there's no car built yet, so no VIN to work off. But that rate is better than our credit union or any of the local banks.

I'm guessing that a lot of (most?) dealers tack on a few points to make themselves money on top of the Volvo financial quoted amount.
      It's a good/ok deal if your dealer does deliver on the 2.99% (depending on your credit score). If I were you, I would still shop around for a better rate. If you plan to pay-off much sooner (like within a year or so) the rate doesn't really matter then.

I bet my dealer tacked on a lot more than the normal single point or so. He initially offered me 7.5% and subsequently 6%. Partly because I got such a killer deal from him on the car (almost 20% off of MSRP), he was hoping to make it back on the loan. I said no thank you and shopped around for a couple of days and came back for vehicle delivery. The finance guy wouldn't even look me in the eye when he came to know I got a 2.3% loan without even shopping around for a week.

And lightstream deposits the loan amount directly into your checkings so I wrote a full ~65k (OTD) check to the dealer.

I have personally found Lightstream very legit and hasslefree and I bet nquery has too. All questions/queries have been answered on email within half a day.

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

When you said last June, do you mean June 2017?

Lighstream's posted rates (so their best possible rates) are just under 5% for a traditional 60 month loan.

PenFed is closer to 3.75%. Our credit union is also right around 5%. BofA around 3.5%.

Those are all the posted, ideal, rates.

https://www.lightstream.com/auto-loans

We got 2.89% from a local credit union back in December on a 48 month loan. Our credit score is excellent (750+)
      2013 S60 T5 w/ BLIS
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription w/ Climate Package, Convenience Package and Vision Package
      2018 V90CC T6 w/ Luxury Package, B&W, Convenience Package, Protection Package and Advanced Package
      2008 Subaru Legacy Spec.B - Sold

When you said last June, do you mean June 2017?
      I meant, June 2018.

Lighstream's posted rates (so their best possible rates) are just under 5% for a traditional 60 month loan.

PenFed is closer to 3.75%. Our credit union is also right around 5%. BofA around 3.5%.

Those are all the posted, ideal, rates.

https://www.lightstream.com/auto-loans
      Those are their website posted rates. They match and beat your next best offer by 0.1% (at least they did back then). My local CU offered me 2.4%. I contacted Lightstream with the CU's offer and they beat it by 0.1% and got me to 2.3%. They did not even bother asking me for any proof. Now that I think of it, I should have probably told Lightstream that my CU offered me a 1.8% or something lower! Lol.

If I remember correctly, Lightstream is owned by Suntrust bank.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements