USB port 17 v90 cc frys our Apple Macbook 12
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

USB port 17 v90 cc frys our Apple Macbook 12

THought I was so great getting a 3rd party USB-C to USB-A cord to charge our MAc in the volvo. Charged it for an hour in the car. NOW WONT CHARGE.PELASE anybody enlighten me on the usp port specs and its implications. It wasnt inputed in the one for the iphone to CARPLAY. Computer going to shop for diagnosis THx RIch

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very likely going to be attributed to the adapter so when taking it to Apple for diagnostic it would be best if you conveniently left that part out and were charging it at home. I believe the V90CC is a 12V 2.4A connection. The 12” Apple MacBook comes with a 29W charger if memory serves me, so you would have been under powering it, but that likely isn’t the cause of your trouble. 3rd party adapters pretty famously cause troubles with USB-C based Apple laptops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply! Great advice. Yes ive now researched the usb world and there are huge standards and SUBSTANDARD manufacturers who have miswired their cords DAMMMM

There is a "soft" fuse as well that resets when you power cycle the car. I've had bad cables essentially short out (or high resistance) which causes the soft fuse to trip.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements