US Prices paid
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US Prices paid

US Prices paid

I looked and don't see a thread where people are discussing prices they are finding on XC40s. I would think by now one should be able to start getting some decent deals. Any numbers out there? Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat2000 View Post
      I looked and don't see a thread where people are discussing prices they are finding on XC40s. I would think by now one should be able to start getting some decent deals. Any numbers out there? Thank you.
      As of 3 weeks ago no deals to be had in my area - Maryland. XC40s incredibly hard to find - very few on the lots and most/all on the boats already claimed. In fact the various 'real price' websites were all still showing the average price being paid as above MSRP.

That being said, I did get the $1,000 loyalty credit and the dealer threw in a set of roof cross bars (about $300) for free.

Quote Originally Posted by dbetterton View Post
      As of 3 weeks ago no deals to be had in my area - Maryland. XC40s incredibly hard to find
      I think that's artificial inflation of availability/demand. There are literaly 50-70 cars sitting on the lot at each NJ dealer near me.
      Last edited by rumyn; 03-12-2019 at 03:13 PM.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Gengras Volvo in CT had 40 XC40s between their two locations as of the other day. Many of the XC40s on the lot near my house have been there for a while. The T4s have been there for months I think, which makes sense because of the location.

Yeah not the case down here. Between the two local Volvo dealers there were 3 total T5s. Two of them were the light blue color that I didn't want. The grey one I ended up with was only available because the prior purchaser had backed out at the last minute. They showed me the in transit list and most of those were already allocated as well.

I've dealt with the dealer on two prior purchases and both times they were happy to negotiate. This time they were fine with me not buying it because they felt it would get purchased at MSRP very quickly.

I guess I could have purchased from Jersey and shipped, but I don't think the bottom line would have been any better.

Quote Originally Posted by GTIGuy View Post
      The T4s have been there for months I think, which makes sense because of the location.
      Strange that a CT dealer would stock up on non-AWD models.

Quote Originally Posted by dbetterton View Post
      Strange that a CT dealer would stock up on non-AWD models.
      Yup, reduced power and front wheel drive just to save $2,000? Nope!

Out here in Northern California I see very few XC40s on the lots. Where a dealer may have 20 XC60s, they have 2 XC40s.

Can the person who said there is a NJ dealer with ~40 XC40s in the USA please provide the link?
      2020 XC40 R Design T5 Polestar, bursting blue, July 2019
      2015 V60 T5, crystal pearl, platinum/tech/BLIS, July 2015
      2012 XC60 R Design, electric silver, off-black, platinum/climate/tech/BLIS, OSD in Nov 2011
      2004 XC90 2.5T, silver, OSD in Oct 2003

Quote Originally Posted by kevinG View Post
      Out here in Northern California I see very few XC40s on the lots. Where a dealer may have 20 XC60s, they have 2 XC40s.

Can the person who said there is a NJ dealer with ~40 XC40s in the USA please provide the link?
      I just google Gengras Volvo. Looks like 39 XC40.
      https://www.gengrasvolvohartford.com...tory/index.htm

^ that’s in CT he asked for NJ. I’m in NJ - no dealer will budge on MSRP for the T5. I paid MSRP for my Momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffnashua View Post
      I just google Gengras Volvo. Looks like 39 XC40.
      https://www.gengrasvolvohartford.com...tory/index.htm
      Thanks for responding with the link.

@KevinG - Gengras is in CT

Kundert Volvo and Prestige Volvo are the 2 major New Jersey dealers close to Manhattan. Both are showing 33 and 68 XC40s respectively. Most are T5 Momentum and R-Design.

Manhattan (my dealer) has 60+ also.
      Last edited by cbelle; 03-13-2019 at 11:36 AM.

I'm not sure what those dealer's policies are, but I wonder if some of those are already purchased and still being listed pending the final sale.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinG View Post
      Prestige Volvo: 68 (between 2 locations) https://goo.gl/3zbS3m
      Edison/Bridgewater/Princeton Volvo: 74 (between 3 locations) https://goo.gl/7XSvyd
      Kundert Volvo: 33 (1 location) https://goo.gl/VBgt26
      Manasquan Volvo: 35 (1 location) https://goo.gl/wK2tT1
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

For what it worth , Lovering Volvo in New Hampshire who owns 3 dealership in NH has 44 Total XC40 between all 3 of there dealerships.
      https://www.loveringnashua.com/new-i...anchor-model-4

The small dealership on Long Island where I leased my XC40 currently has 27 in stock some T4 mostly T5. I believe some are canceled CBV orders since NY had issues approving it. But I think the real issue is that the current lease deals in the NYC metro area suck. I think the initial demand has waned and it seems Volvo hasnít adjusted pricing. I leased my inscription back in June 2018 the car was suppose to arrive end of June didnít arrive until middle of July but if I had not signed the lease agreement when I did it would have been $50 more a month. The lease deals are still terrible. I love my XC40 and Iím happy with the deal I got but in this area people mostly lease on price and if they can get a bmw for a better deal they will.

The XC40 is not selling. My dealer has 31 in stock ( 10 inscriptions, 11 momentums, and 10 R-design) I am coming up on 1 year (April) in my lease and I just saw 2 on road for the first time last week. This past year I have been the only XC40 around. I see a lot of XC90. - Kris
      2019 XC40 Momentum black

Iíve actually never seen one on the road either. But the dealers say this is the most sought after car in the country. I donít think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat2000 View Post
      Iíve actually never seen one on the road either. But the dealers say this is the most sought after car in the country. I donít think so.

I've seen less than a dozen in a year that they've been selling them.
      According to the sales figures - they do sell well, and sell a decent amount, however...this is not as rosy as dealers make it out to be.
      I've talked to two GMs at dealerships and they both complained about lack of dealer monies on it from Volvo. Inventory is building up now, since the hype is dying down.
      2020s are around the corner and the 2019 inventory is pretty sizeable on the dealer lots.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
      It depends on where you're located. I've heard the XC40 isn't selling so well in the North, for some reason. In the South they're selling quickly, however. My dealer still isn't budging off of MSRP yet their inventory is mostly pre-sold before it hits the ground. The few that actually hit their lot seem to be sold within a week or so. I'd say they're moving quite briskly.

You can get a better-equipped XC60 for the same or less than a lesser XC40, here.
      I'd agree with this. In Chicagoland, these are selling like hotcakes. Granted this was in 2018, but when I picked up mine, the dealership had 2 families waiting behind me to buy the car in case I chose not to. Current inventory seems to go in about a week.

Guys- I am glad to read this. I wonder the appeal of the XC40 with men. The first time went to work with the car I got a lot of positive feedback but did have one guy tell me I bought a girls car. Another time at the car wash I had a guy come up me asking about the car. He liked it but wanted it for his daughter. On Long Island, I mostly see pick up trucks, BMW, Mercedes, XC90, subaru.

Kris
      2019 XC40 Momentum black

Quote Originally Posted by krislu View Post
      Guys- I am glad to read this. I wonder the appeal of the XC40 with men. The first time went to work with the car I got a lot of positive feedback but did have one guy tell me I bought a girls car. Another time at the car wash I had a guy come up me asking about the car. He liked it but wanted it for his daughter. On Long Island, I mostly see pick up trucks, BMW, Mercedes, XC90, subaru.

Kris
      I'd have no problem driving an XC40. Couldn't care less if people thought it's a girly car.

Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      I'd have no problem driving an XC40. Couldn't care less if people thought it's a girly car.

I have no problem with it either. Although I don't look at the XC40 that way. I am just thinking why I am not seeing more of them. At first I thought availbility / price. Now I am thinking image / brand.

Kris
      2019 XC40 Momentum black

Quote Originally Posted by krislu View Post
      I have no problem with it either. Although I don't look at the XC40 that way. I am just thinking why I am not seeing more of them. At first I thought availbility / price. Now I am thinking image / brand.

Kris
      My feeling is that lots of buyers who look for a Volvo want a luxury/upscale car all around.
      XC40 ain't it.
      They targeted younger people with it. Not sure I've ever seen a young person driving it here.

In any case, the appeal for me would have been the price. Which isn't the case. XC60 is cheaper to lease at much higher MSRP.

Lemon Law Buyback thread

I posted previously that to me, the XC40 seems to be marketed to young female drivers and drivers mainly living in large cities. Every advertisement I have seen has a female driving (rainbows on roses and whiskers on kittens...) and Laura Kroft drives one in the Tomb Raider movie. I always check out the driver when I see an XC40 and 90% are women (my estimate). My adult girls make fun of me for getting a girl car. No point, just saying...

Life is too short to worry about what others think about your car. Buy what you like. The XC40 is a great little SUV and pretty much nails most things a car or SUV should be! If you're worried about it buy the R-Design in Bursting Blue.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

I can speak to how they screwed up the launch because I spoke to my sales guy and manager a lot while I was buying my Momentum last summer. I was also reading all XC40 articles for the first half of the year. The issue seemed to be the way Volvo allocated inventory to dealerships during the first 9 months or so while running a highly successful digital/online campaign.

My dealership is either number one or two in the state in sales & they were only allocated 5-6 XC40ís per month. They were literally turning people away at the time.

And donít forget the 70/30 ratio of Momentum to R-Design production. All the commercials were for the R-Design, dealerships tended to have one or none and customers were walking out when they realized the long wait for the ďblack roofĒ one. I was told that eventually sales people were asking Volvo to stop that initial add campaign since they couldnít follow through. All the while the digital campaign was being covered in the trade because of its massive success at driving demand.

And we havenít brought up the percentage of vehicle production allocated to CBV instead of dealer lots (10% maybe?)

So while demand was at its highest, for the R-Design in particular, they had all the above issues. Since then, the entire class has been resigned (Audi, Land Rover, etc) and thereís a few new additions (XT4).

Having said all that, Iím pretty sure Volvo had its best year ever while most brands are down.

I donít know if people think itís a girls car, but we were shopping for a replacement vehicle for my wife and she fell in love with it when we saw the first picture of it. We havenít seen too many in our travels even though itís been out for a year.

We also donít shop for the image that we give off to other people. I know there are lots of people who are concerned about the image their car projects, butís Iíve never really understood that. I guess thatís why Iím 50 and still driving GTIs because I find them the best car for what I loom for and my friends are in ďupscale ď vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by GTIGuy View Post
      I donít know if people think itís a girls car, but we were shopping for a replacement vehicle for my wife and she fell in love with it when we saw the first picture of it. We havenít seen too many in our travels even though itís been out for a year.

We also donít shop for the image that we give off to other people. I know there are lots of people who are concerned about the image their car projects, butís Iíve never really understood that. I guess thatís why Iím 50 and still driving GTIs because I find them the best car for what I loom for and my friends are in ďupscale ď vehicles.
      XC40 is a nice fun car. I can see why your wife liked it. Mine did too a year ago, but XC60 came out cheaper and had the Maroon Brown seats my wife loved.

All in all, XC40 might be in the running again when I replace my wagon soon.

Last edited by rumyn; 03-29-2019 at 08:34 PM.
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

XC40 is a nice fun car. I can see why your wife liked it. Mine did too a year ago, but XC60 came out cheaper and had the Maple Brown seats my wife loved.

All in all, XC40 might be in the running again when I replace my wagon soon.

Iíve noticed big discounts on the XC60 and nothing on the XC40 in my area so I can see where the 60 becomes the one to go with. My wife was close to getting a GTI (we already have two in the garage) and wanted something a little bigger but not as big as the 60 because itís close in size to our Jeep GC.

We were able to get a ďdiscountĒ on the XC40 because we did OSD, which made the purchase price easier to swallow.

I'm having an XC40 RD quoted for me... I should hear by tomorrow. If I pull the trigger, I'll report back in.

I test drove the XC60 T5 and the XC40 RD. While the 60 was more comfortable and quiet, the 40 felt much quicker and fun to drive. The only thing is that stupid shifter.
      2019 XC40 RD P* & 2013 XC60 T6 P* / 2011 S60 T6 (Traded In)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Marker View Post
      I'm having an XC40 RD quoted for me... I should hear by tomorrow. If I pull the trigger, I'll report back in.

I test drove the XC60 T5 and the XC40 RD. While the 60 was more comfortable and quiet, the 40 felt much quicker and fun to drive. The only thing is that stupid shifter.
      Good luck!

Yeah, that shifter is an issue for me, since I've gotten used to resting my hand there over the years of driving a manual.
      XC40 is lighter, so it drives like it too with the same engine.
      We didn't go with it for the wife mostly because an XC60 that was $10K more cost less a month to lease.
      It's still on my radar for my wagon replacement.

Lemon Law Buyback thread

Good luck!

Yeah, that shifter is an issue for me, since I've gotten used to resting my hand there over the years of driving a manual.
      XC40 is lighter, so it drives like it too with the same engine.
      We didn't go with it for the wife mostly because an XC60 that was $10K more cost less a month to lease.
      It's still on my radar for my wagon replacement.

Wow.
      We are buying the XC40 with cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Marker View Post
      Wow.
      We are buying the XC40 with cash.
      Yeah, then the lower overall price point makes total sense.
      Let us know how much they are willing to discount it!

Lemon Law Buyback thread

Yeah, then the lower overall price point makes total sense.
      Let us know how much they are willing to discount it!

Just got a quote.... Loaded 40 RD except air suspension... After loyalty rebate... total discount $2850... THOUGHTS?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast