financing
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: financing

financing

Thanks all for reading. So in full transparency, I am financing a lot as I am putting down 10k. I have great credit and found 3.74 interest rate. Thoughts?

I pick up the car in Sweden 24th June but the dealer wants me to go sign paperwork next week. When do I start payment?

TY

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your car note will tell you when the first payment is due. Typically, it is 30 to 45 days after you sign the finance contract.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

My delivery was 10-OCT-18. I went in 30 days before to do my paperwork and make payment. My first payment was end of Oct because the money went to Volvo at the end of Sept. Make sure you aren't paying for the car this early - there is no need to do that or you will be starting your payments in 30 days.
      On the rate, I went in with decent financing from USAA. I was putting 30% down and with that down payment Volvo Finance beat the USAA rate by .25%. The dealers initial rate offer was much higher, but on the day we met they came way down once they saw my rate and down payment. They wanted the business.
      2019 XC90 Inscription Crystal White/Blond, Pole*, B&W, Air Suspension (OSD)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

There have been multiple threads posted re financing. Make sure that your lender is ok with waiting for a title, for that can take some time on an OSD. Suggest that you at least check Volvo Finance's rate as they get how OSD works.
      2016 XC60 T5 FWD OSD (May 2016), 6 countries, 2500km

Who do I contact for Volvo financing? My dealer uses two companies that are ok with the delay in the title.

So to be clear, if delivery is the 24th June (Sweden) I should do paperwork around 20th May? The car won't arrive until Aug. but I realize I need to pay at delivery.

You need to have financing in place for whenever your dealer requires you to pay for the car - typically 30 days prior to delivery. The August arrival date stateside is only relevant to getting title in the hands of the lien holder e.g. Volvo financing. Frankly, I would avoid all of the hassle with titles etc and get an unsecured loan from Lightstream (if you qualify). Search other threads about financing in this sub-forum before asking more - there's a ton of info there ... good luck.
      2018 V90CC Ocean Race, Blond/Charcoal Interior, Polestar (OSD July, 2018)

Try penfed credit union. Anyone can join (there is a small membership fee
      2019 XC90 T8 R-Design | Onyx Black Metallic | 22" 5-Spoke Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Heat Package | Advanced Package | Air Suspension | B&W Sound | Factory Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by pekingduk View Post
      Try penfed credit union. Anyone can join (there is a small membership fee
      PenFed would be great for a refinance but not the original loan for OSD since it will be way more than 45 days before you get a title.
      Hers - 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription via OSD His - 2016 MB C300 Sport 4matic
      Just for fun - 2001 Honda S2000 - also hers

financing

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey54 View Post
      PenFed would be great for a refinance but not the original loan for OSD since it will be way more than 45 days before you get a title.
      Penfed used to give like 5 or 6 months for title... they changed it to 45 days? Sometimes that’s not even enough for regular non-osd local purchases.
      Last edited by Lucca; 04-05-2019 at 10:22 AM.
      Our garage...

2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT - Machine Gray Metallic/Cherry Top/Black (FUN LITTLE TOY!!!)
      2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature - Machine Gray Metallic/Auburn Nappa (replacing with a OSD 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered)
      2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design w. Polestar tune - Black Sapphire Metallic/Offblack (Sold 2014)
      2006 Volvo S40 T5 Premium/Sport Package - Electric Silver/Offblack (Sold 2016)

If you have good credit, I can recommend LightStream.
      https://www.lightstream.com/new-car-loan

That's who I financed my OSD through. I have good credit so they were able to send the money to me without a title at all. As far as the dealership or anyone else knows, I just paid cash. As such, my title only has my name on it... no lien holder. It also did not negatively impact my credit report. Lightstream will match or beat rates on approved loans. A lot of folks started off getting a loan approval (not pre-approval) from PenFed and then went to LightStream for that little extra better rate.

I've been really happy with LightStream.
      2019 XC40 Momentum T5 + Polestar

I'm probably wrong on that. I just went back and looked at my e-mails from them. I was asking how long I had to get the car titled after funding for factory order and they said 30 days. But when I was considering OSD, I know I asked the question about overseas delivery and they said it would be no problem.
      2019 XC90 T8 R-Design | Onyx Black Metallic | 22" 5-Spoke Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Heat Package | Advanced Package | Air Suspension | B&W Sound | Factory Hitch

I am picking up my OSD on May 20th. We financed the car through Penn Fed for 36 months at 2.49%. The difference in the monthly payment by then going to Lightstream was just a few dollars per month and, as we will likely pay the loan off early, not worth the additional credit pull and effort. We are happy with Penn Fed.
      I don't know how the issue of 45 days for receipt of title came up. That is not true. Penn Fed is fine with the length of time it takes for a typical OSD vehicle to reach the States and be titled at the local dealership. However, today (April 8th) they requested the VIN # in preparation for mailing the check to me to take to the dealership next week to pay for the car. One month from the date they mail the check to me my first payment will be due. I hope this info clarifies things a bit.

+1 on Lightstream. Very fast, easy process. Got competitive quote from Agilent, which Lightspeed beat to finally land at 3.10 for 60 months.

No title hassle. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck!
      2019 T-6 AWD Polestar, Denim Blue/Maroon Brown (OSD Sept 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
      Penfed used to give like 5 or 6 months for title... they changed it to 45 days? Sometimes that’s not even enough for regular non-osd local purchases.
      I would go to their website and check out their rates. (www.penfed.org) We used them and they were great. At that time the title had to be produced within 150 days......call them, they are easy to work with. It may have changed since 2016, but it's worth checking out!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
      I would go to their website and check out their rates. (www.penfed.org) We used them and they were great. At that time the title had to be produced within 150 days......call them, they are easy to work with. It may have changed since 2016, but it's worth checking out!
      It didn't change. It is not 45 days. I mentioned that I would have the title by mid-August (paying for car mid April) and they were fine with that plus the VIN#.

I am seeking to finance and wanted to secure any updates. Penfed's rates were the same as my dealer, around 3.74

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements