2019 XC60 media
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: 2019 XC60 media

2019 XC60 media

Just started using the USB media setting on my car.
      I am coming from an Audi Q5 so all my music was on a couple of SD cards.
      Sooo I formatted a new 32GB USB drive and copied all the named directories of music to it.

Plugged it in and all that is seen are a mixture of song titles and album titles. I presume this Gracenotes thing has something to do with it.
      Even worse, some artists and albums are not seen at all.
      But for example, a directory and contents that are not seen at all can be seen if I put it onto a USB drive on its own.

So what do I have to do to just see the directories and what is in them? It looks as if Gracenotes cannot be go rid of.

Most of my music is directories full of individual tunes downloaded from YouTube...examples being bands that are busking in NOLA. A mix of albums bought from places like Bandcamp as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I discovered. At the end of the (Gracenotes)directory list there is an entry called ‘unknown’ press on that for a couple of seconds and all the stuff, individual tunes, albums whatever are there in alphabetical order. Not much use, there must be a few hundred items.
      My original post still holds.

Quote Originally Posted by timlocke View Post
      Just started using the USB media setting on my car.
      I am coming from an Audi Q5 so all my music was on a couple of SD cards.
      Sooo I formatted a new 32GB USB drive and copied all the named directories of music to it.

Plugged it in and all that is seen are a mixture of song titles and album titles. I presume this Gracenotes thing has something to do with it.
      Even worse, some artists and albums are not seen at all.
      But for example, a directory and contents that are not seen at all can be seen if I put it onto a USB drive on its own.

So what do I have to do to just see the directories and what is in them? It looks as if Gracenotes cannot be go rid of.

Most of my music is directories full of individual tunes downloaded from YouTube...examples being bands that are busking in NOLA. A mix of albums bought from places like Bandcamp as well.

Hi timlocke, do a search for USB, media problems, track listing etc. on the main discussion area there are many explanations on how to fix these issues.
      I have posted a detailed method of putting my music onto a 500gb SSD (nearly full) and have all music, albums artwork etc working fine. NOTE: I believe there are issues with the Gracenote database (NOT UP TO DATE) that creates problems with anything you have listed when Gracenote is turned on, I don't use it at all.
      Cheers from "down under" Australia... s5156
      2018 XC60 D4 Inscription, Pine Grey, Premium Pack (B&W, Black Napa, Air Susp), Full Window Tint

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements