SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

No 2020 V60 AWD for US market?

15K views 111 replies 36 participants last post by  ktkemp 
#1 ·
I just got word from my local dealer that Volvo will not offer V60 with AWD for the US market - to get AWD requires purchasing the cross country.

I know there are some Volvo corporate people viewing this forum. I want them to know that this surprise is beyond unacceptable. I have been strung along for a year to finally see and purchase the V60 to have this unexpected product decision pop up.

I waited to order the V60 until I saw one in person. That happened at the beginning of March. I tried to place the order the following week and was told the 2019 MY V60 orders are sold out. So I wait for the 2020 MY to place the order.

If I knew the V60 AWD would only be available for 2019, I probably would have placed my order prior to seeing the car.

Instead I will now purchase a car from a different OEM unless Volvo changes their mind and I can purchase a 2020 V60 T6 AWD.

Not everyone in the US wants a lifted wagon with unnecessary plastic cladding on the sides. ...see Audi all road and Buick Regal tourX and understand why US wagon sales are so low.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don’t think that’s true. In Canada 🇨🇦, the V60, which went on sale 3 months before the S60, is available only as a T6 AWD or T8 Polestar, and will be moving forwards. I know the US is a different market but I assume that what Canada has is what the US will get this time around.

#6 ·
That’s a shame that Volvo won’t offer the V60 in T6 AWD trim here in the US. I was a couple years away from shopping for my next vehicle, but the V60 was on the list because I generally don’t buy sedans and want a hatch or wagon. Maybe Volvo will change their mind over the next couple years when it’s time for me to buy.

I have no interest in a lifted wagon with cladding. For me, it ruins the look of the vehicle and I have a couple of SUVs already if I needed something with more ground clearance.

#7 ·
This sucks. For a model that has only just recently been delivered here, its ridiculous that its already getting cancelled. Guess I was dumb to wait to see what new colors MY20 brought for a V60 AWD T6 R-design.

#12 · (Edited)
I can see they don't want to spend money on EPA cert for a model that only sell hundreds a year, or dealership don't want to learn to service the additional parts on a wagon.
Since sedan doesn't sell and people want higher rides anyways, V60 won't sell much anyways.
If they want to reduce models, no need to make V60 at all. Give V60CC T5, T6, T8 (or T6PHEV, if battery space is less) and more color options and call it a day. That's better than selling a very limited V60 model.

#23 ·
Given the HP of your Audi A6, in my opinion, you would be very happy with a V60 Cross Country T5 plus Polestar optimization. Not too many other wagons out there, that will give you the performance and standard equipment of the V60 Cross Country and for the price it will sell.

#31 ·
When I discovered the V60 wagon last year I was pleased to know I had found my next dream car. I don't want to to drive a 'truck' by any other name (SUV, Crossover). When we decided on the Inspiration (loaded) our best choice was an OSD for a discount and a once in a lifetime partial free vacation. It was too late to order a MY2019 via the OSD program, so we were waiting for the MY2020 program to be announced for spring 2020 OSD delivery. Thank you Volvo. Thank you China ownership for showing your greedy fangs! I will be looking at the 2020 Audi unless Volvo changes its plans. I am disappointed.....Very sad news for me.

#36 ·
This is really disappointing. My wife and I submitted an OSD order with our local dealer for the V60 T6 in mid. Feb. and did not make it in time to process as a MY2019.

We settled on the V60 T6 after test driving a V90 CC in the T5 configuration and S60 in T6 configuration. Based on those test drives, IMO the CC model suspension was too rough and the T5 engine felt like it was suffering from some turbo lag. May need to go back and test drive a S60 T5.

#43 ·
Another disappointed forum member here. We had started aggressively paying off the remaining balance on my S60 to get my wife into a new V60, one with AWD and not a CC. Guaranteed sale lost in 2020 with this move by Volvo USA. Hopefully this decision gets reversed for the 2021 model year.

#44 ·
but then they will say the data proves that no one wants wagons. No one wants a T5 FWD wagon that I know of. That's the same tag line about the V70 in the past, only offered in FWD and volvo said wagons don't sell.

#48 ·
I wanted a T6 awd r design on the configurator, that itself already goes up to $50k with paint and nice wheels. For polestar optimization and other stuff with tax will probably be more than 55k.

I didn’t want to look elsewhere but for me I am cross shopping different categories. If volvo won’t have the wagon in t6 i will probably look into a base macan, or S5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#52 · (Edited)
OSD price is out. V60 P* seems a nice deal, $62k fully loaded, about same price as XC60 T8, B&W included, just without luxury massage seats, crystal gear shift, rear heated seats.

V60CC T5 AWD is almost same price $42k + advanced pkg, as V60T5 FWD. If color choices are also same then it is pretty good deal.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

#53 · (Edited)
Assuming potential tax rebates and carpool access on the V60 P*, seems like it could be a pretty good deal for California. A nice alternative to a Model 3 at that price.

The MY20 V60CC T5 AWD priced out against the MY19 V60 T6 Inscription with similar options (through OSD) appears to only be ~$1500 less. Good deal for those that want the battle wagon but unfortunate for us as we do not value the raised ride height of the CC as much as the T6 supercharger. Planning another test drive on a T5 to see if we can get over the perceived turbo lag.

#56 ·
Says on the website its available in limited quantities...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T8 OSD usually runs out of quota of the year sooner than other models. In that sense it is kind of limited quantity, but not like a hard limit of 500 or 1000 for US market. Since they open order for OSD and dealer orders for it, they should have planned to build a reasonable number of them. Let's see if wagon fans out there could hit the limit.

#61 ·
I'm so incredibly disappointed by this! I really wanted a V60 T8 Inscription. I would love the power and chassis of the Polestar Engineered...but honestly I want the massaging and ventilated seats!

#68 ·
After a long study of the OSD prices for MY2020 it seems that the V60CC T5 might be the best value (without the driving experience considered) for a V60. Tricked out with all the Insignia packages that are available it only cost $2500 more than the AWD Insignia T5 and will have a higher resale value best on market demand, IMO. I can't order a MY2020 for June 2020 delivery till January 2, 2020 according to Volvo OSD sales anyway. So this summer and fall I will be able to test drive both the wagon and the crossover. Research is important, but it is all about how it drives. I don't think I will miss the T6 engine based on how I drive. When roads are wet and puddled or when there is snow or ice on the ground I will be glad to have the Haldex AWD if the ride experience is nearly the same on both the V60 and the V60CC. If the CC doesn't impress me from behind the wheel I will live with FWD and the lower resale value-simple as that. At least I have a choice and time to make the right decision, and that's what I want when making important decisions in life. Looking forward to reading about the hands on impressions from people who will take delivery from dealers of the V60CC, which is sure to be a popular seller here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.