*OK, I am bumping this back-up. Our 3rd kid arrived, we bought a new, slightly wider family hauler that fits 3-wide car seats and this is ready to go. I have lowered the price substantially in the hopes someone on this forum will purchase it and give it a good life. This car has been great for us and will be missed. If I can't sell at this price on the forum I'll probably keep it for home depot/dump runs.
Here's the current status - now at 149k miles, it was just inspected and passed in September. The oil leak is still there, not terrible, but during a recent oil change (again in September) the tech remarked it looks like valve cover gaskets again. If you read below you'll see it was done at 134k miles. It will probably need new tires soon. It passed inspection, but probably has about 6 months / 5k miles in the tires. The trans is still great, engine still pulls really strong. The interior is in solid shape for the age aside from a few scratches/marks in the trunk area from hauling a few larger items back there.
It has the winter mats in and I have a brand new set of cloth mats (never used, still in the bag). I also have some spare parts - sunroof drain parts (supposedly it clogs on all these cars so I bought it just in case, but no issues yet), tailgate hatch struts, a control arm, and I think I have a spare headlight washer cover.
Anyway - $2800 takes it. Please give it a good home. As I stated in my original listing below I'm happy to take it for pre-purchase inspection if you're paying - there are plenty of shops within 20 minutes of me. Any questions please ask.
I am selling my 2006 XC90 V8 with 146k miles for $4,000. VIN#YV4CZ852561234310
It has the dark interior, aluminum trim, Xenon headlights. I bought this car off a Swedespeed user about 3 years ago (you can see the listing here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ed-XC90-V8-AWD) and it's served our family really well. We are adding another kid to the mix however, so we're changing up our vehicles. I have priced it based on my assumption of work that needs to be done and to hopefully have a quick and honest sale. Any questions please ask. I will have pictures up this evening.
I am willing to take it for a pre-purchase inspection (at your cost) at a place local to me. I recommend JMS Volvo (http://www.jmsautovolvo.com) as they did the work on this car for the last 2 years and know their Volvos, however as long as it's a 20 minute or so drive from me I'm fine taking it wherever you prefer.
- No accidents, clean carfax, original glass, no chips, paint in good condition, no dents. It has the normal scratches for a 12 year old vehicle with 149k miles. Rims are in good shape.
- It has the winter/all-weather Volvo mats in it right now. I also have the unopened cloth floor mats in original plastic wrap as well.
- Interior is in good condition for its age. No splits in the leather. I've used leather conditioner on it fairly regularly.
- Transmission is solid, I have had no issues or slippage.
- It has aftermarket grom stereo thing that allows you to plug in your phone via USB. It renders the CD player non-functional though.
- It has been maintained and I have the majority of service records. I also have them recorded via "MyCarFax" app.
- Brake fluid flush @ 140k
- Alignment @ 140k
- Coolant flush @ 137k along with replacing coolant reservoir
- Tensioner and belt replaced @ 134k
- Power steering flushed @ 134k
- Valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gask, throttle body gaskets replaced @ 134k
- Tires replaced @ 115k/123k (2 new each time)
- Fuel Filter @ 117k
- Alternator @ 117k
- Battery @ 117k
- Control arm bushings/control arms @ 78k
- There is an oil leak from valve cover gaskets (at least that was what the tech thought a few months ago).
- Tires should be replaced in the near future
- The clip for rear wiper broke so the rear wiper works fine, but if you pull it back to clean the wiper the wiper will fall off.
- The front driver side headlight washer cover is cracked. I got a replacement, had it painted, and two days later it cracked from a pine cone falling in the exact right spot...I have a new unpainted one for new owner or just roll with the cracked one.