SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

No sunroof but water leak

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jondevieonS40 
#1 ·
Got into my car this morning to find water dripping in from the bottom right corner of the glove box area. Nice little puddle on my Weathertech floormats that I thankfully still have in from winter. I don't have a sunroof, but last year a tree branch fell on my car and the body shop had to do quite a bit of work in the front passenger area. But it has rained on this car plenty of times between then and now. I opened the passenger door but nothing seemed to be leaking from there. What should I check for? :confused:

#2 ·
Coolant line Orings at the firewall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
Did the shop do anything with your windshield? I've been bugged with a slow leak when parked with the nose downhill...

I had to change my windshield a few years ago, and now the glue has let go in the top! If I press on the windshield from the inside behind the mirror, I can push it out probably an inch...

I have temporarily fixed it with a strip of tape...

#4 ·
I vote for the windshield, I used to install them and can attest that they can leak in many fun and amusing ways- take it to a glass shop and have them look at it- or use an air hose on the inside and have somebody pour soapy water around the top and right side of the windscreen

#6 ·
I had a water leak due to the door latch being too far out. Try adjusting your door latch on the body in a couple MM.

#8 ·
I've fixed my sunroof leak but today after a wash I noticed soapy water running down the inside of the windshield so I'm guess that's what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.