If you feel the need to have a unique 140
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

If you feel the need to have a unique 140

Not exactly to my tastes.

https://www.blocket.se/orebro/Volvo_...i_84136953.htm

Getting past the appearance which really does not do anything for me, the handling dynamics are going to be interesting. The wheel base has really been shortened. The front seats are definitely much closer to the rear axle which is going to give the front seat occupants a lot more vertical motion on rough roads. An uncomfortable result; but, perhaps the least of its issues. The shortening of the wheelbase will move the center of mass (relative to the wheels) backwards. The upside of that is that it should improve forward traction in snow (provided you remain in going forward mode). The change will reduce the 140s normal moderate under steer; perhaps to the point of having some wicked over steer. It has also altered the vehicles polar moment of inertia and I suspect that once this puppy starts to display some of its new over steer its probably right into twirling tea cup mode.
      A 142 of course. What do you expect? I'm the 142 guy. / 1971 142 E 102 color

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Geez, that thing is hideous.
      Steve

I hate it. But I respect it.
      1974 Volvo 142GL - B20 w/Redline Weber 32-36
      http://www.chrismathewsjr.com/volvo

Quote Originally Posted by 142 Guy View Post
      Not exactly to my tastes.

https://www.blocket.se/orebro/Volvo_...i_84136953.htm

Getting past the appearance which really does not do anything for me, the handling dynamics are going to be interesting. The wheel base has really been shortened. The front seats are definitely much closer to the rear axle which is going to give the front seat occupants a lot more vertical motion on rough roads. An uncomfortable result; but, perhaps the least of its issues. The shortening of the wheelbase will move the center of mass (relative to the wheels) backwards. The upside of that is that it should improve forward traction in snow (provided you remain in going forward mode). The change will reduce the 140s normal moderate under steer; perhaps to the point of having some wicked over steer. It has also altered the vehicles polar moment of inertia and I suspect that once this puppy starts to display some of its new over steer its probably right into twirling tea cup mode.
      I'm not very hip on the way the lines of the door have been altered or the seats, but I'd still drive it. I wonder how short the drive shaft is?

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements