And I'm BACK!! 2nd S80 in fantastic shape
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

And I'm BACK!! 2nd S80 in fantastic shape

Well guys after my BMW debacle, Iím back! I kept/keep my current S80 as my DD and through the years Iíve tried to keep it up and Iíve done my best but all along Iíve known that my current S80 wasnít what it should be. Reliable as the dickens but it just went down over the years somehow even though I was on TOP of all maintenance.

I found what imo is a fantastic one owner and garage kept 04 S80 that the owner was anal about maintenance and care coming from ONLY the Volvo dealer. The only reason the PO let it go was because she had a slight bump on the passenger side which unseated the bumper a bit and she bought her a new S90 to replace it.

The car has high miles (258k) but Iíve never EVER ridden in a Volvo as tight as this car. Not a squeak or rattle to speak of at ALL! She even has receipts of the timing belt replacements, headlight wiper blade replacements, and even the alarm module being replaced by the dealer. That impressed me to no end because that alarm module is crazy expensive to pay out of pocket at the dealer...this thing even has Volvo windshield wipers on it. She was fanatical about having the dealer do all maintenance on it even at its advanced mileage.

The suspension is the tightest Iíve EVER experienced in ANY car that Iíve ever ridden in INCLUDING my former BMW 550i X-Drive. No rattles what so EVER!! Ive fallen in love with Volvo all over again! The car is optioned EXACTLY the same as my current one but it doesnít have the ****ty repaint that my current car had lol.

Iíll be fixing the flaws with the bumper ASAP but Iím just super impressed with how a STRICTLY highway mileage car compares to my 171k city driven car. This car is absolutely FANTASTIC!! IMG_1173.jpgIMG_1175.jpgIMG_1176.jpgIMG_1195.jpg

Btw the leather is in fantastic shape! Iím conditioning it now but will post pics when Iím done.
      Janet Jackson is truly 'UNBREAKABLE'. My heartbeat. LOVE you for LIFE JANET!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh yeah, the BMW threw a rod from its N63 and on the way to get it looked at by a BMW tech someone knocked the hell out of it. RIP POS!

IMG_0870.jpg

Ive fallen in love with Volvo all over again!
      I HEAR THAT brother!! These cars are INFECTIOUS! I have a different model than you, but I too simply have just about "had it" with BMW and now that my Volvo is back up-and-running, after sitting all winter (had to rock it back and forth to break the "rust bond" it didn't want to move...) Now, I'm back knowing it's an ultimate machine.

Nice find!!! And even better city!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo Convert View Post
      I HEAR THAT brother!! These cars are INFECTIOUS! I have a different model than you, but I too simply have just about "had it" with BMW and now that my Volvo is back up-and-running, after sitting all winter (had to rock it back and forth to break the "rust bond" it didn't want to move...) Now, I'm back knowing it's an ultimate machine.

Nice find!!! And even better city!
      BMWís reliability or lack thereof is simply unacceptable. In the 18 months that I had my car it spent a whopping total of 7 MONTHS in the dealers service bay and they could never chase down the ďDrivetrain Malfunction, Power reducedĒ error code that came on the day after I bought it smh.

Fantastic driving machine with the Active Roll Stabilization, Dynamic Drive Suspension, and Adaptive Drive technology but the running costs along with insurance costs were mind blowing. Never again..NEVER!

Btw which Bmw and Volvo models do you own?

Posting a shot of the window sticker that came with the Volvo, itís impressively optioned IMG_1210.jpg

Welcome back to s80-land! Mine is over 15 years old and still going strong. I love this car.

I lost all respect for BMW after seeing the SUV my parents bought.
      S80 T6 2001 IPD Tune w/torque delete, Ferrita Dual 2.5" DP/CB 3" exhaust, Volvo Tranny cooler, Bilstein HD's, H&R Springs, IPD Anti-swaybars, IPD End-links, IPD Skid Plate, AEM Water/Methanol kit, IPD Lower Tranny Mount, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces, and Front and Rear undercarriage braces, Heico Front Spoilers, 17x8 R Pegs, R Calipers and Rotors, Front Girodisc, 5 & 10 mm H&R spacers, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWriter View Post
      Welcome back to s80-land! Mine is over 15 years old and still going strong. I love this car.

I lost all respect for BMW after seeing the SUV my parents bought.
      Dude Iím SO with you on that! I am MADLY in Love with the S80, so much so that my friends think Iím a bit nutty. Itís absolutely PERFECT!

Which BMW did your parents get? Please donít tell me it was a V8 model? The Twin-Turbo V8 in those cars is tragic and PLAGUED with reliability issues which should not BE! I spent over $18k out of pocket on maintenance and the engine still threw a rod right after it was at the dealer for two weeks dealing with the engine oil consumption lawsuit.

I bought my current S80 with 99k on it and itís soldiering on currently with 171k.

I got a promotion at my job which comes with an income increase of $35k and includes a one way drive of 1hr and 20 mins. The guy that hired me asked ďare you down to drive this far everydayĒ and I let him know ďI now own two luxury Volvoís that are reliable as the dickens...Iím ready.

Got the bumper reseated and am now treating the leather. Doesnít need it due to being garage kept but itís all good. Volvo. For life.

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

Good find! Congratulations man. I don't post too often around here, but I felt the need to rejoice with you! That bumper issue was such an easy fix (as you've found out already), so thankfully that happened to work out in your favor. As for the remaining scuff, try and use some rubbing compound to get it out. If rubbing compound doesn't help much, go to Sherwin-Williams and get a can of custom paint matched to your paint code and spray it on in thin layers. It'll take a bit of time, but it'll come out much nicer than having a scuff there (that's if the scuff bothers you of course).

As for new(er) cars in general, I hate nearly all of them. They're too complex and over-engineered for no good reason. Lots of times they're only serviceable by the dealership, and when something does fail that the manufacturer should cover, they chicken out and leave you out to dry (your experience is not the first of its kind that I've heard of). Also, most of them are using CVT transmissions now. If a vehicle has a CVT transmission, I will never consider it. A few friends of mine are looking for new cars, and I've steered them far and away from any vehicle that has a CVT transmission.

My solution is to never drive a vehicle of any kind newer than 2006 (give or take a few years depending on the make and model of course).

Anyways, congratulations again man. I'm sure it's gonna last a good long time to come for ya.

Thanks to all for the votes of confidence you guys!! Iím absolutely enamored with this car!!

Using my vacation to clay bar the paint and I mean Iím stripping it down to BARE! Even removed the license plate bracket and the washer jets to get to the COREIMG_1288.jpg57756832257__FF23440C-6AA6-4376-BAA9-F11E8106A52E.jpg57756833472__2473A5F9-74F8-422A-BCF0-613D065ABA89.jpg

Oddly the plate bracket is molded plastic on the early models whereas the later ones use the all metal bracket?! Running changes?

Who knows, letís strip this car naked and polish it to like new condition.

HAPPY EASTER!! Volvo bunnies for ALL lmao.

Sn: Iíve never been so excited for a car since...since I bought my first S80 lol
      Attached Images Attached Images

They had an X5 or X3 I think? If you slammed the door to hard the window would get jammed. Soooo much plastic. They donít drive anymore so good riddance!

Love the new S80! Itís getting hard to find new body parts for my 2001 ;-( especially the B and C pillars.
      S80 T6 2001 IPD Tune w/torque delete, Ferrita Dual 2.5" DP/CB 3" exhaust, Volvo Tranny cooler, Bilstein HD's, H&R Springs, IPD Anti-swaybars, IPD End-links, IPD Skid Plate, AEM Water/Methanol kit, IPD Lower Tranny Mount, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces, and Front and Rear undercarriage braces, Heico Front Spoilers, 17x8 R Pegs, R Calipers and Rotors, Front Girodisc, 5 & 10 mm H&R spacers, etc...

Awesome!
      2004 XC70 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Charcoal [230K] Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, 305mm brake upgrade, Full LED Exterior, 1-inch lift Pic
      2003 XC70 2.5T AWD Silver/Charcoal [180K] XeMODeX, Mud Guards, 05- Wiper Arms, LED Headlights
      2004 S80 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Light Sand [240K] Bi-Xenon, LED Foglights, 07 Turbo and rear diff

Quote Originally Posted by Racer_S View Post
      Awesome!
      IMG_1431.jpg

Did some paint correction today and got it looking spiffy!!
      IMG_1428.jpg

Still gotta get the plastic roof rails done and thatís gna come in the next 6 months. But I DID make an appointment with the guy who did my tb/wp on my daily driver at Lakeview Volvo. Even tho it has a label for the timing belt/water pump having been done, i want it done again for my piece of mind since Iíll be driving so far for the new job. Also gonna have him do the front struts, plugs, and 02 sensors. I could do all of this myself but the new job is swamping me with stuff so Iím gna have it done. My Volvo mechanic says ďyou like to fix ish that isnít brokenĒ and Iím like YEP! Rather be safe than sorry and wanna keep all the Volvoís in my driveway running.

My Volvoís have taken care of me so I think itís only polite that I extend the same courtesy to the luxury that keeps me rujjig daily.

Ohh yeah, Iím still working on those scuffs on the front bumper. If I canít get em fixed, Iíll have it repainted when I have the roof rails done.

Absolutely ADORE this car

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements