Brag about your gas mileage!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brag about your gas mileage!

15.5 S60 FWD....Cruising Highway in Eco + Some City Driving (10%). Had to take off Eco mode a few times due to elevation and road steepness. And to pass of course...None the less, 555 miles is pretty commendable for a 17 gallon tank!

Mileage.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I consistently get 31 plus mpg on longer roadtrips with the I6 & polestar tune. pittsburgh to Detroit or DC
      2015 S60 RD Sapphire Black / Polestar / Platinum / BLIS / Heated Nubuck Seats / Debadged /IPD Rear Swaybar / Eurosport Strutbrace/ 10mm spacers front /15mm spacers rear/ 35% ceramic tint / DWS 06/ Powerflex "Race" Torque Rod Insert / IPD HD Front & Rear Endlinks

My best on the 2012 R-D is ~28.5 MPG over trips from NC to VT @ 72MPH.
      2017 S60 T6 R-Design (His) | 2013 XC60 T6 (Hers) - IPD skidplate | 2012 S60 T6 R-Design - mods galore | 2006 XC90 2.5T AWD | 2000 S40 1.9T

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I consistently get this sort of range from a tank /s

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSnooze View Post
      I consistently get this sort of range from a tank /s

1221 KM = ~785 Miles. How many liters are in the V60? I'm guessing it has a much larger tank than the S60 (17 gallon / 63 liters).

Quote Originally Posted by freshwiler View Post
      I consistently get 31 plus mpg on longer roadtrips with the I6 & polestar tune. pittsburgh to Detroit or DC
      Eco mode or normal driving?

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      1221 KM = ~785 Miles. How many liters are in the V60? I'm guessing it has a much larger tank than the S60 (17 gallon / 63 liters).
      Sorry, don't worry about the Trip computer, I meant the distance to empty on the right. 1165 kms till empty.
      I'll give you the hot tip, that didn't end up happening

2015 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

Eco mode or normal driving?
      Normal lead-foot driving is about 25 mpgs in mixed city/hwy miles with my 2012 S60 T5

Highway only at about 65-70 mph is usually about 28 mpgs

Highway only 50-55 mphs with no A.C., tires fully inflated, driving slow, etc gets about 33 mpgs
      2012 S60 T5 FWD & 2013 XC90 AWD

These numbers, especially the city, are very subjective. The kind of terrain, length of trip and ambient temperature plays a big role on how much that mileage is.
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      These numbers, especially the city, are very subjective. The kind of terrain, length of trip and ambient temperature plays a big role on how much that mileage is.
      Agreed. I live in Seattle and have gotten 18-19 mpg city on a few tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current: 2018 Ovlov S60 T5 AWD Dynamic
      Past: 2016 Chevrolet SS, 2007 SAAB 9-3 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      These numbers, especially the city, are very subjective.
      Totally agree. In the city typically average 18.5mpg, freeway 26-28mpg. On a recent 1,000 miles road trip, fully loaded, with a ski rack and cruise control set at a comfortable 75, I averaged 20mpg.
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

I get 35 mpg in highway driving at 70 mph
      2015 V60 T5 E Premier Electric Silver

Eco Mode helps a lot, but terrain is definitely a factor. If one lives in a mountainous region, with a lot of incline, gas mileage will certainly be affected.

My 2015.5 V60 with a brand new 2.0 turbo drive-e engine just got 33 mpg on a 500 mile drive with the cruise control set at 75 mph, eco mode on, A/C on, premium gas.
      I often get 23-27 mpg with my 12 mile mixed commute.

These are my calculated numbers after gassing up.

My trip statistics readout is usually 2 mpg higher than what I calculate when I pump gas (miles driven since last fill up divided by number of gallons needed to fill up).
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Premier T5 FWD (with a new engine)

When I filled up this morning, the estimated range on a full tank was 630 miles (1,013 km), but that was after a 45 minute stint at 65 mph and there's no way I'll actually get that much range. Overall I'm pretty happy though - I've consistently gotten about 400 miles to a tank in mixed driving despite the inline 6.
      I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design | 1998 S70 T5 SE | 1986 944 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by zenmervolt View Post
      When I filled up this morning, the estimated range on a full tank was 630 miles (1,013 km), but that was after a 45 minute stint at 65 mph and there's no way I'll actually get that much range. Overall I'm pretty happy though - I've consistently gotten about 400 miles to a tank in mixed driving despite the inline 6.
      Hmmm... Well my S60 has gotten ~600 miles before on eco mode. But you have a T6 vs T5 so that does make a difference.

Hmmm... Well my S60 has gotten ~600 miles before on eco mode. But you have a T6 vs T5 so that does make a difference.
      I also have no Eco mode on my 2012. 🙂

I'd need to average 36+ mpg to go over 600 miles on a tank and I just don't see that happening with the 3.0 litre I6. I'm just happy that I'm getting better mileage than my old P80.

2012 volvo S 60, t5, 53,000 miles,...2 hour round trip yesterday mostly highway...31.5 mpg according to the trip computer...

With my 05 S40 T5 AWD 5 speed automatic I'm getting around 10l/100km (23 mpg) in daily mixed driving. Once warmed up, the trip computer shows about 7l/100km (33 mph) on highway driving conservatively...
      2005 S40 T5 AWD automatic - Hilton stage 2+ with torque limit removal. Some mods: 3" DP & 2.5" catback, Do88 FMIC, Pumaspeed inlet plenum, ECU spacer.

I also have no Eco mode on my 2012. 🙂

I'd need to average 36+ mpg to go over 600 miles on a tank and I just don't see that happening with the 3.0 litre I6. I'm just happy that I'm getting better mileage than my old P80.
      How large of a fuel tank?

17 gallons of usable capacity. Officially 17.8 gallons, but it's not realistic to assume that a person will be coasting into a gas station just as the last bit of fuel is being used up. For real world range then, have to calculate off of about 17 gallons and not 17.8.

At 36 mpg, 17 gallons would get me 612 miles. I just don't see that happening.

17 gallons of usable capacity. Officially 17.8 gallons, but it's not realistic to assume that a person will be coasting into a gas station just as the last bit of fuel is being used up. For real world range then, have to calculate off of about 17 gallons and not 17.8.

At 36 mpg, 17 gallons would get me 612 miles. I just don't see that happening.
      Terrain really has an affect on mileage. If you're going up and down steep terrain, you will clearly be burning more fuel on inclines. That being said, I believe I got pretty close to 600 miles on one drive. Since I am adverse to pushing my vehicle to the next gas station, I avoid coasting on fumes!

There is no way to get 600 miles on the I6. The best I've ever obtained was nearly 500 miles and I averaged just under 30 MPG. I was also travelling 55-60 MPH through Virginia and North Carolina backroads.

I just recently did a 26.6 MPG and got to just over 420ish miles which took ~17.1 gallons to fill up. The car was telling me I had 40 miles left to empty. That route was my daily work commute, where 70 percent of the travel is I-95 and the rest stop and go lights in the cities. That stop and go really kills the mileage.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      There is no way to get 600 miles on the I6. The best I've ever obtained was nearly 500 miles and I averaged just under 30 MPG. I was also travelling 55-60 MPH through Virginia and North Carolina backroads.

I just recently did a 26.6 MPG and got to just over 420ish miles which took ~17.1 gallons to fill up. The car was telling me I had 40 miles left to empty. That route was my daily work commute, where 70 percent of the travel is I-95 and the rest stop and go lights in the cities. That stop and go really kills the mileage.
      Yup. Sounds pretty spot-on with my experience. I live well outside the city and commute on a train so most of my driving is at 60-65 on freeways which comes out to a range of just around 400 miles. I would imagine that at least 450 miles and possibly 500 miles could be in the cards if I did a long freeway-only trip but anything in town just kills mileage. And 600 miles is just not happening with this car, no matter what the dashboard range estimate says. I wouldn't trade the I6 for better mileage though, this engine is a real gem.

Did a highway trip from PA to MD. Mostly flat and the computer showed 38.0 mpg. 70 degrees, 2.0 e-drive, FWD running 89 octane. If I put in 92, I would expect a little more MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post

No Eco Mode + AWD + T6 = Less fuel economy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jlthunder View Post
      Did a highway trip from PA to MD. Mostly flat and the computer showed 38.0 mpg. 70 degrees, 2.0 e-drive, FWD running 89 octane. If I put in 92, I would expect a little more MPG.
      How many miles was trip?

1 You should be running premium on Volvo Turbo Engines....While 89 is "usable" there is a noticeable performance difference if you ask me. My car felt sluggish the one time i did 89.

2. Do you use top tier fuel? Just another suggestion, it keeps your engine valves cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by freshwiler View Post
      Wow, that's hard to believe. Were you going 55mph the whole time? I struggle to break 25mpg highway in mine.
      2017 S90 T5 Momentum - Magic Blue over Amber (Wife's)
      2015 V60 T6 R-Design Polestar - Savile Grey Metallic over Nubuck (Mine)

How many miles was trip?

1 You should be running premium on Volvo Turbo Engines....While 89 is "usable" there is a noticeable performance difference if you ask me. My car felt sluggish the one time i did 89.

2. Do you use top tier fuel? Just another suggestion, it keeps your engine valves cleaner.
      It was about a 300+ mile round trip. I came from a Saab 9-5 3.0 V6 Turbo using 89 Octane and i got 273K out of the engine and it was still running strong. The Volvo is plenty fast as I'm also a first responder and it is faster than my old 3.0 V6. It just doesn't have the growl that the V6 did.

Yes, I run top tier gasoline. No "no name" stuff for me. Every so often, I will put 92 in, but the gap in the price between grades has gotten insane. I didn't notice a big difference in performance with the higher octane. Maybe the computer had adjusted to the 89 and it takes a few tanks to readjust.

I have a camera which can go in the spark plug hole and I can check the combustion chamber to see if there is any carbon build up when I change the plugs 40K or so. I can try to look at the top half of the valves with the camera once I get it past the throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
      Wow, that's hard to believe. Were you going 55mph the whole time? I struggle to break 25mpg highway in mine.
      Doing 55 with these S60s is tough to do when she wants to do 80

Its funny doing 55 enjoying my savings in mpgs listening to relaxing music and realize what a comfortable suspension this car has...what a ride....

But realistically, who really wants to drive 55 ?

But it's a sure way to get 33mpgs and save a few dollars for a pack of gum, can of beer, turkey jerky etc at the gas station
      2012 S60 T5 FWD & 2013 XC90 AWD

Seriously. I had to physically restrain from going into boost to get the 26.6 MPG number I obtained the last fillup. It was terrible. I'll take the 2 MPG drop and have a bit more leeway and fun on my commute. It's why I bought the car in the first place (I don't drive boring cars for 2 hours a day).
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
      Doing 55 with these S60s is tough to do when she wants to do 80

Its funny doing 55 enjoying my savings in mpgs listening to relaxing music and realize what a comfortable suspension this car has...what a ride....

But realistically, who really wants to drive 55 ?

But it's a sure way to get 33mpgs and save a few dollars for a pack of gum, can of beer, turkey jerky etc at the gas station
      'round these parts you would be killed going 55 mph in the right lane...
      2017 S90 T5 Momentum - Magic Blue over Amber (Wife's)
      2015 V60 T6 R-Design Polestar - Savile Grey Metallic over Nubuck (Mine)

'round these parts you would be killed going 55 mph in the right lane...
      As in any major city with drivers who aren't over the age of 90....

I’m just impressed that my 3850lb AWD 325hp 6-cylinder V60RD can get 8.5l/100km at 120 km/h.
      Next Volvo will be the Polestar 2, so I won’t worry about the price of 94 octane (nor my next service interval) any more. Maybe we’ll keep the V60RD as a classic example of peak gasoline engine technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

I can brag about my gas mileage but other way around XD
      Living downhill, doing mainly street driving, I am doing a great..19/20mpg in average with T5 V60

That being said, on highway at 60mph (Thanks WA), I goes in an average of 30/38mpg which is awesome
      2016 V60 T5 2.0 FWD Premier Onyx Black Metallic: : BLIS | ERST Intake | IPD Rear Sway Bar | IPD F&R End Links | Powerflex "Race" Torque Rod | RD Suspension | IPD Skid Plate | Volvo Cap Mirror Satin Presentation
      Sold 2008 S40 2.4 FWD - Grey Metallic | K&N Filter | B4 & Koni Suspension

Monthly Seattle, WA: Meet and Greet Topic: HERE

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast