Gracenote displays incorrect music data
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Gracenote displays incorrect music data

I own a 2018 S90 this issue with Gracenote irritates me every time I drive the car. Is there any way to completely turn it off? I listen mostly to jazz and I guess since a good amount of the music and artists that I listen to are not very popular, Gracenote replaces their names with something else. It comes up with names like Holly Johnson instead of Henry Johnson, and countless other incorrect names. It makes it difficult for me to find some songs because the artists' names are so messed up. I've meticulously gone through all of my mp3 metadata to make sure everything is correct. I notice that if I place the USB drive in after the car starts and after Gracenote has already loaded, the artists will display properly for a while and then revert to the Gracenote after a while. I've tried changing the volume label on the USB drive, Disabling Gracenote in the Sensus settings, I have the latest Gracenote update, and nothing seems to work. Is there a way to clear the cache in Gracenote and completely shut it off even when I start the car? I just want the data from the USB drive to display, not information from some other database. Is this so difficult?
      2018 S90 T5 Momentum

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
      I own a 2018 S90 this issue with Gracenote irritates me every time I drive the car. Is there any way to completely turn it off? I listen mostly to jazz and I guess since a good amount of the music and artists that I listen to are not very popular, Gracenote replaces their names with something else. It comes up with names like Holly Johnson instead of Henry Johnson, and countless other incorrect names. It makes it difficult for me to find some songs because the artists' names are so messed up. I've meticulously gone through all of my mp3 metadata to make sure everything is correct. I notice that if I place the USB drive in after the car starts and after Gracenote has already loaded, the artists will display properly for a while and then revert to the Gracenote after a while. I've tried changing the volume label on the USB drive, Disabling Gracenote in the Sensus settings, I have the latest Gracenote update, and nothing seems to work. Is there a way to clear the cache in Gracenote and completely shut it off even when I start the car? I just want the data from the USB drive to display, not information from some other database. Is this so difficult?
      Have you tried to reinstall the Gracenote update from May 2017? Just a thought in case your S90 was an early MY18 build.

http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...VFVDlRJTIxJTIx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and even towing

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      Have you tried to reinstall the Gracenote update from May 2017? Just a thought in case your S90 was an early MY18 build.

http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...VFVDlRJTIxJTIx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Yes, I mentioned in my post that I upgraded to the latest Gracenote. It did not make a difference. It's a shame that a fundamentally decent stereo system is crippled by this annoyance that Volvo won't get rid of or at the least allow you to disable it completely.
      2018 S90 T5 Momentum

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Hmm Strange i dont have this issue at all but most MP3 i listen to from old days when Napster was around Maybe thats why Gracenote cant really tell whats going on.
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

If anybody finds a way to disable Gracenote I'd love to find out. I have the same issue, predominantly in classical music. Incorrect artist names are the most common problem. Generally, pop/rock/top-40 stuff is fine. It's the more obscure stuff that is pretty badly whacked.

Extremely irritating that the car replaces my own tags with (incorrect) ones. It would be nice if I could somehow replace the Gracenote database in the car with a 0-length file...

bump.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

It is shocking to see I cannot play a whole album unless it is from the same artist, or play all songs from an artist independently of albums.

2010 BMW 5-series technology did a much better job at sorting, categorizing and above complaints...RIDICULOUS!!!
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

2017 seems a bit old to be the latest Gracenotes update, so I checked their website. Volvo is not listed. I am wondering if we are done getting updates? See below:

http://support.gracenote.com/article...ContactUs&pn=1

Quote Originally Posted by cpq100 View Post
      2017 seems a bit old to be the latest Gracenotes update, so I checked their website. Volvo is not listed. I am wondering if we are done getting updates? See below:

http://support.gracenote.com/article...ContactUs&pn=1
      Weird thing is the fact that we cannot disable this “service” completely. Even if you turn it off in settings/media, it still takes over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

I have noticed a few incorrect album titles being listed for the music I listen to. However all of those were albums released after May 2017, so they are not in the May 2017 update.

On the subject of disabling Gracenotes - can the Gracenotes file be deleted from the car, or maybe be updated with an empty file with the same filename?

Quote Originally Posted by cpq100 View Post
      I have noticed a few incorrect album titles being listed for the music I listen to. However all of those were albums released after May 2017, so they are not in the May 2017 update.

On the subject of disabling Gracenotes - can the Gracenotes file be deleted from the car, or maybe be updated with an empty file with the same filename?
      googled for hours. no solution found.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements