SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

OFFICIAL: SPA S60, V60 and V60CC Photo Thread

344K views 2K replies 368 participants last post by  adkmooserider 
#1 ·
I'm surprised there is no gallery thread for our beautiful 60 series.
Show your pride and joy here.

This is my R-Design P* at a local Volvo meet and drive

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#79 ·
I tried that method... It was just too inconsistent, and the interior lights would come on with the headlights too. I didn't want to mess with the car settings

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#86 ·
Here's my V60 T6 AWD R-Design (Advanced Pkg/Sport Chassis/Polestar) in Denim Blue I've had since late May:

I coated it with Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0 and Reload about three weeks ago and put XPEL film on the door sills since they are much wider than my last car.

#93 ·
Volvo really hit a homerun with the design of this generation of S/V60!

#95 ·
Two beautiful black sport cars. You must have lots of time on your hands to keep them looking so clean. I've had many black cars. They look fantastic when clean but they sure take a lot of work to maintain it.

#96 · (Edited)
Wow, it's gorgeous in black. Ditto on the Giulia comparison?? Did you end up finding a sports chassis car ??
I want to know too! And did you get the sport chassis?
How does it compare to your Alfa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Luckily, I did find one with the Sports Chassis! It was very difficult and I drove 2 hours away out of state to pick her up but it was well worth it.

As for a comparison... it all depends on the goal you are looking to achieve with your car. The Giulia is everything it is cracked up to be, and all reviews are completely spot on. From a performance aspect, the car is absolutely perfect. Amazing handling, amazing steering, amazing performance from a small engine. It is light and nimble, and feels like you are driving a car with the weight and size of a Mx-5 Miata. It is decently comfortable and has pretty good standard equipment. It is also beautiful... I have never had a car get more compliments, stares, questions, etc. The problem for me was, for a $56k car, it didn't offer anything BUT performance. It isn't a well rounded car whatsover: The material quality is decent, the tech is decent, the comfort is decent, and it drives absolutely amazing. This is not what I wanted from the car, but I knew it from the first test drive it wouldn't be. Did I still immediately fall in love and purchase it the same day? Yes. Was the feeling fleeting? Extremely. TBH, I will miss the car solely for its looks and how it performs. Other than that, I am happy, almost relieved to let it go. Though to my surprise with almost 40k miles on it, it was dead reliable and had zero true issues.

Now for the S60... When you are looking to buy a luxury sports car for luxury sports car money, that is exactly what you expect; luxury and sportiness. The Alfa was straight up sporty, the volvo so far seems to be the perfect compromise between the two. It feels much more substantial, tight, screwed together, weighty. I love how hefty it feels, including the steering. Some people don't want their car to feel heavy, I tend to look for that coming from previously very bulky cars: many many Saab 9-5's including a 2011 Aero.
The Sports Chassis is a perfect balance between comfort and sporty handling. On an R-Design, it truly should be standard. The Transmission is definitely still nothing like the ZF in the alfa (many claim its the best application of ZF's current 8speed to date, incredibly quick shifts) but the Polestar Tune completely transforms the responses of it. I would say I am happy enough with its reactions with the tune that I do tend to WANT to use the paddles decently often. The interior is so much more luxurious and better equipped tech-wise than my Giulia, and everything just fits together perfectly. I can turn the radio up half-way and not worry about the squeaks and rattles being louder than the speakers anymore. The car is also deceptively quick with the Polestar tune, and also IMHO sounds lovely. It "feels" more like the old T6's did when they were actually 6 cylinders. It almost sounds like the old T6's as well. I had one so I have first-hand experience with that engine, I loved it. The new T6 with the tune in the lighter S60 is as close as Volvo could have gotten to meeting all my expectations power-train-wise. The only thing that seems to be a slight letdown is the BorgWarner-Haldex setup. There is no reason why this car should not have an LSD, as well as no reason why the car shouldn't be able to transfer more than 50% of power towards the rear. It's been done before, and should have. It's virtually the same unit that Saab developed back in the day for the TurboX and NG 9-5 Aero with XWD. That system was unbelievable. It took a FWD car and could distribute up to 95% of the power to the rear, even to a single wheel if needed! I know the Polestar tune adds additional power transfer towards the rear, but of course, this revised percentage is not disclosed.

For a general description of what led me back to a Swedish car - I had the Giulia and knew I would be replacing it very soon. I started test driving cars, MANY cars. G70, 3-series, C43AMG, a4/a5, s4/5, rs3, E-Class, even a Stinger GT2 and XE, as well as a 2019 Giulia, and Ghibli. Nothing but the Giulia seemed to have at least a hint of true emotion and personality. There was nothing special, nothing present. They were truly just a piece of mechanical equipment. I thought to myself, maybe I am just being unrealistic and overly harsh on my Giulia and have grown bored too soon. Then I drove the S60, honestly, not wanting to like it. I fell in love. There has always just been something special about the way a Volvo makes you feel. I felt the same with owning Saabs as well. Regardless of what people think of the car you have, if you don't have a connection to it, there is no hope.

The S60 may not be the best Sports Car, but I honestly couldn't be happier with exactly what it is: a Volvo. Theres no need to further describe it, as you all already know. It's an incredibly perfect recipe for what this class is "supposedly" all about. True Luxury mixed with Performance. I think it blurs the line as best as a car could and in doing so, doesn't compromise in one spot to better the other.

(It sure exceeded my expections though; it handles and accelerates pretty damn well, lets be honest!)

OHH! And about Black cars... lol. I have always been a black car guy so I am used to the maintenance. The Giulia was an insanely flaked highly colored metallic black so it did a fabulous job at hiding imperfections like swirl marks, etc, but never looked "wet" or very reflective like some blacks. The Volvo will definitely be more difficult being that its Black Stone - Solid paint. If you are interest, I can give you a rundown of the products I typically use which help keep my black cars looking new :thumbup:

#99 ·
Thanks fore the time you put into this reply. Much of it Rings true for my sensibilities as well.

I test drove virtually everything, including the Giulia and I agree with you, if driving excitement and fun was the only criteria I would have bought it. The BMW feels numb in comparison between (I got out of an F32 for my S60).

I do more highway driving than anything else and so interior comfort, which includes the sound system, seat comfort, quality feel and materials etc, are really important to me. Performance matters but I’ve learned over the years that as long as it meets my personal performance threshold interior comfort is the difference. I think we agree that this Volvo hits the sweet spot for a luxury sports sedan. (I also like to be able to look back on my car as I walk away and think “Ain’t she pretty”!)

On a side note, when I’m driving my XC90, which has the B&W system in it, I find that I am routinely taking the long way home.....and driving a wee bit slower; I’m just not in a hurry!!! The new upgraded HK system is excellent though and is good enough even for this old audiophile.

Enjoy!!!

#111 ·
"Test Vehicle"? Whats up with that?

#112 ·

Being at the factory might make spotting a bit easier, but still, two different ones within a few days.

Interesting to note that the first one had P* wheels, but no blacked out grille, or gold calipers/seatbelts. Also had black door handles, which I've never seen.

This one had all of the gold accents, but still no blacked out grille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#114 ·
A quick shot. New 2019 Crystal White Pearl T6 Rdesign with Polestar tune

Attachments

#118 ·
I agree...WOW!!!! Nothing like a clean black car but your S60 takes it to a new level!

#123 ·
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

I installed a set of S/V90 R-Design 20's and got the tints done as well. Here are some photos. I even blacked out the grille in the front for a little but of a more cohesive look "R-Design Styling" wise.

[/QUOTE]

@MJEWETT
How did you get the grille out?
Do you have an installation instruction?

Is your grille painted or wrapped?

Car looks stunning!

#124 ·
@derf1

Thanks! I actually did not remove the grille as I could not figure out how to without going crazy and removing the bumper. I used 3M vinyl wrap I had laying around from my previous car. Its very easy to work with. I just put it on the grille with it still installed on the car and was very careful about where my knife was :eek:

It is definitely temporary, as I would definitely want to remove it and do it properly for longevity as well as visual appearance down the road.

#127 ·
Mooooore V60's pleeeze!