OFFICIAL: SPA S60, V60 and V60CC Photo Thread - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Picking this one up in 2 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here’s my T5 Momentum in Birch Light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by visualv View Post
      I'm very happy on how this came out.
      This was taken last Saturday on highway 1, Big Sur, California coast

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      Awesome pic, how did you capture that?

”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chillg8r View Post
      Awesome pic, how did you capture that?

Thanks @chillgr8r
      The rear tail lights were really bright, so I had to do two shots - one to expose the stars/milky way, and a second for the tail lights.
      I had my camera on a tripod about 15ft back. The first shot with the tail lights to get the right composition. Turned the car off, and without touching the camera, remote-triggered it for a 15 second exposure for the stars. Both pictures were imported into Adobe Photoshop as layers and blended
      2019 V60, T6 R-Design Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      Ragnarok

c3 My 2019 S60

Thanks @chillgr8r
      The rear tail lights were really bright, so I had to do two shots - one to expose the stars/milky way, and a second for the tail lights.
      I had my camera on a tripod about 15ft back. The first shot with the tail lights to get the right composition. Turned the car off, and without touching the camera, remote-triggered it for a 15 second exposure for the stars. Both pictures were imported into Adobe Photoshop as layers and blended
      .. that's some mad skills bro !!! Amazing.
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition, Hilton Tune Stage 1, IPD front strut mount, CX Racing coilovers, 5mm front/10mm rear spacers - current baby.
      98 V70R AWD - Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered on Vogtland with Bilstein Touring, SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T AWD - No mods, got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      Summer play vehicle - 09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

Thanks @chillgr8r
      Good one! My first thought when I saw the pic was "how did he expose all the starts without over-exposing the taillights?"

Can also be done with car off, and at the end of 15sec unlock the car, and stop exposure immediately. Maybe need some timed robotic arm to pressing the two buttons, unlocking car and stopping manual shutter.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 237344 miles [2020-10-13]

I tried that method... It was just too inconsistent, and the interior lights would come on with the headlights too. I didn't want to mess with the car settings

Ragnarok

I've had my V60 for two weeks and love it. I special ordered to get the heck away from Tourx. The Opel/Buick was in the shop 72days in the 7 months that I had it. That's what I get for buying something other than VOLVO.

Thanks @chillgr8r
      Thank you, well done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
      Was this a professional shoot? That's worthy of a Volvo brochure or ad. Not meaning to be sexist, but I'm wanting to see what's above the long sleek legs I fully expect to be swinging out of that passenger door. Hubba hubba!.
      Yes it was. I should have some more pictures soon..

Quote Originally Posted by adaone View Post
      A little something to Swede-up the rear end
      I've also bought the XC40 flag from the dealer, but did not find any good spot to stick it to. But I did not think of the spoiler - stealing the idea

Beautiful day at Falls lake in NC....how do you guys upload high res images??

IMG_6930.jpg
      Last edited by silverV60; 06-17-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Oooof - $10 for one of those swedish flags on Amazon.

Ragnarok

Here's my V60 T6 AWD R-Design (Advanced Pkg/Sport Chassis/Polestar) in Denim Blue I've had since late May:

I coated it with Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0 and Reload about three weeks ago and put XPEL film on the door sills since they are much wider than my last car.
      His: 2019 V60 T6 AWD R-Design P* - Denim Blue
      Her: 2017 XC90 T6 AWD Momentum - Magic Blue

Former:
      1998 S70 T5m - Nautic Blue
      '03 B5234T9 RN Swap, Koni FSD, Eibach ProKit, IPD Sways, Anthracite Comets, CJ's Downpipe, R Manifold, 18T, ARD Blue, Snabb Intake, Bosch H3 Projector Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      Not my work, but I thought it was funny.

Do you mind elaborating on that incorrectly texted picture? There is no such thing as the new G20 340 M-Sport? (I thought we were not ignorant in here and as stated, you did not make the picture, I get it)

I am about to pull the trigger on a M340 lease and would love to hear everyone's opinion in here if they have driven one or compared one to S60 T6 Polestar (I know this is not the thread but I couldn't find any comparisons in here)

To me Volvo shopping pretty much ended when they killed the real R cars in 2007 (I do own a 2007 V70R and a 1995 850 T-5R) but I am all ears if you guys think S60 T6 AWD can compare to M340. I am not interested in the T8 at all.

Specs for M340 are below

• 382 hp and 369 lb-ft. of torque. Standard M Sport limited-slip differential.
      • 0–60 mph time of 4.2 seconds (provisional figure)
      • Standard 8- speed Sport Steptronic transmission
      • Standard M Sport rear differential
      • Body rigidity is up 25 percent, rising to as much as a 50 percent improvement in certain areas
      • Suspension spring rates increased by 20 percent over the previous-generation BMW 3 without loss of comfort
      • Used for the first time in a BMW model, lift-related damper control reduces body movement perceptibly smoothing out vibrations caused by bumpy road surfaces and dynamic cornering
      • Standard M Sport suspension (10 mm / 0.4 inch lower ride height on both RWD and xDrive M340i)
      • Standard M Sport Brakes
      • Standard Active Guard, Frontal Collision waring with City Collision Mitigation and Lane Departure Warning
      • Standard Park Distance Control (PDC)
      Volvoless in Seattle……………

Yellow 854 T-5R - 42K miles

Picked mine up today

His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      Picked mine up today

What a beauty
      Current: 2017 Mercedes-Benz C43 4Matic
      Previous: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Premier Plus

Here is my new S60 I picked up on Saturday! I am completely in love... also put a picture of my Giulia the Volvo is replacing.
      Last edited by MJEWETT; 07-01-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJEWETT View Post
      Here is my new S60 I picked up on Saturday! I am completely in love... also put a picture of my Giulia the Volvo is replacing.
      How does it compare to your Alfa?

I want to know too! And did you get the sport chassis?

Volvo really hit a homerun with the design of this generation of S/V60!
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition, Hilton Tune Stage 1, IPD front strut mount, CX Racing coilovers, 5mm front/10mm rear spacers - current baby.
      98 V70R AWD - Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered on Vogtland with Bilstein Touring, SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T AWD - No mods, got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      Summer play vehicle - 09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

Wow, it’s gorgeous in black. Ditto on the Giulia comparison?? Did you end up finding a sports chassis car ??

Two beautiful black sport cars. You must have lots of time on your hands to keep them looking so clean. I've had many black cars. They look fantastic when clean but they sure take a lot of work to maintain it.
      Her HHI car - 2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      His - 2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!
      Hers - 2017 XC60 Magic Blue w/ blond interior, T5 Dynamic
      For Fun - 1992 NA 300ZX lightly modified

Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
      Two beautiful black sport cars. You must have lots of time on your hands to keep them looking so clean. I've had many black cars. They look fantastic when clean but they sure take a lot of work to maintain it.
      Quote Originally Posted by silverV60 View Post
      Wow, it’s gorgeous in black. Ditto on the Giulia comparison?? Did you end up finding a sports chassis car ??
      Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      I want to know too! And did you get the sport chassis?

Luckily, I did find one with the Sports Chassis! It was very difficult and I drove 2 hours away out of state to pick her up but it was well worth it.

As for a comparison... it all depends on the goal you are looking to achieve with your car. The Giulia is everything it is cracked up to be, and all reviews are completely spot on. From a performance aspect, the car is absolutely perfect. Amazing handling, amazing steering, amazing performance from a small engine. It is light and nimble, and feels like you are driving a car with the weight and size of a Mx-5 Miata. It is decently comfortable and has pretty good standard equipment. It is also beautiful... I have never had a car get more compliments, stares, questions, etc. The problem for me was, for a $56k car, it didn't offer anything BUT performance. It isn't a well rounded car whatsover: The material quality is decent, the tech is decent, the comfort is decent, and it drives absolutely amazing. This is not what I wanted from the car, but I knew it from the first test drive it wouldn't be. Did I still immediately fall in love and purchase it the same day? Yes. Was the feeling fleeting? Extremely. TBH, I will miss the car solely for its looks and how it performs. Other than that, I am happy, almost relieved to let it go. Though to my surprise with almost 40k miles on it, it was dead reliable and had zero true issues.

Now for the S60... When you are looking to buy a luxury sports car for luxury sports car money, that is exactly what you expect; luxury and sportiness. The Alfa was straight up sporty, the volvo so far seems to be the perfect compromise between the two. It feels much more substantial, tight, screwed together, weighty. I love how hefty it feels, including the steering. Some people don't want their car to feel heavy, I tend to look for that coming from previously very bulky cars: many many Saab 9-5's including a 2011 Aero.
      The Sports Chassis is a perfect balance between comfort and sporty handling. On an R-Design, it truly should be standard. The Transmission is definitely still nothing like the ZF in the alfa (many claim its the best application of ZF's current 8speed to date, incredibly quick shifts) but the Polestar Tune completely transforms the responses of it. I would say I am happy enough with its reactions with the tune that I do tend to WANT to use the paddles decently often. The interior is so much more luxurious and better equipped tech-wise than my Giulia, and everything just fits together perfectly. I can turn the radio up half-way and not worry about the squeaks and rattles being louder than the speakers anymore. The car is also deceptively quick with the Polestar tune, and also IMHO sounds lovely. It "feels" more like the old T6's did when they were actually 6 cylinders. It almost sounds like the old T6's as well. I had one so I have first-hand experience with that engine, I loved it. The new T6 with the tune in the lighter S60 is as close as Volvo could have gotten to meeting all my expectations power-train-wise. The only thing that seems to be a slight letdown is the BorgWarner-Haldex setup. There is no reason why this car should not have an LSD, as well as no reason why the car shouldn't be able to transfer more than 50% of power towards the rear. It's been done before, and should have. It's virtually the same unit that Saab developed back in the day for the TurboX and NG 9-5 Aero with XWD. That system was unbelievable. It took a FWD car and could distribute up to 95% of the power to the rear, even to a single wheel if needed! I know the Polestar tune adds additional power transfer towards the rear, but of course, this revised percentage is not disclosed.

For a general description of what led me back to a Swedish car - I had the Giulia and knew I would be replacing it very soon. I started test driving cars, MANY cars. G70, 3-series, C43AMG, a4/a5, s4/5, rs3, E-Class, even a Stinger GT2 and XE, as well as a 2019 Giulia, and Ghibli. Nothing but the Giulia seemed to have at least a hint of true emotion and personality. There was nothing special, nothing present. They were truly just a piece of mechanical equipment. I thought to myself, maybe I am just being unrealistic and overly harsh on my Giulia and have grown bored too soon. Then I drove the S60, honestly, not wanting to like it. I fell in love. There has always just been something special about the way a Volvo makes you feel. I felt the same with owning Saabs as well. Regardless of what people think of the car you have, if you don't have a connection to it, there is no hope.

The S60 may not be the best Sports Car, but I honestly couldn't be happier with exactly what it is: a Volvo. Theres no need to further describe it, as you all already know. It's an incredibly perfect recipe for what this class is "supposedly" all about. True Luxury mixed with Performance. I think it blurs the line as best as a car could and in doing so, doesn't compromise in one spot to better the other.

(It sure exceeded my expections though; it handles and accelerates pretty damn well, lets be honest!)

OHH! And about Black cars... lol. I have always been a black car guy so I am used to the maintenance. The Giulia was an insanely flaked highly colored metallic black so it did a fabulous job at hiding imperfections like swirl marks, etc, but never looked "wet" or very reflective like some blacks. The Volvo will definitely be more difficult being that its Black Stone - Solid paint. If you are interest, I can give you a rundown of the products I typically use which help keep my black cars looking new
      Last edited by MJEWETT; 07-02-2019 at 10:23 AM.

... There has always just been something special about the way a Volvo makes you feel. ...

The S60 may not be the best Sports Car, but I honestly couldn't be happier with exactly what it is: a Volvo. Theres no need to further describe it, as you all already know. It's an incredibly perfect recipe for what this class is "supposedly" all about. True Luxury mixed with Performance. I think it blurs the line as best as a car could and in doing so, doesn't compromise in one spot to better the other.

OHH! And about Black cars... lol. I have always been a black car guy so I am used to the maintenance. The Giulia was an insanely flaked highly colored metallic black so it did a fabulous job at hiding imperfections like swirl marks, etc, but never looked "wet" or very reflective like some blacks. The Volvo will definitely be more difficult being that its Black Stone - Solid paint. If you are interest, I can give you a rundown of the products I typically use which help keep my black cars looking new
      Thank you for an awesome review. You summed it up perfectly- Volvo has always been special in many ways.
      BTW, Onyx Black is making a return in MY20 S60 from what I hear. It is a beautiful black metallic paint in my personal experience, more practical than Black Stone
      2020 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Bursting Blue / Black
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

Luckily, I did find one with the Sports Chassis! It was very difficult and I drove 2 hours away out of state to pick her up but it was well worth it.

As for a comparison... it all depends on the goal you are looking to achieve with your car. The Giulia is everything it is cracked up to be, and all reviews are completely spot on. From a performance aspect, the car is absolutely perfect. Amazing handling, amazing steering, amazing performance from a small engine. It is light and nimble, and feels like you are driving a car with the weight and size of a Mx-5 Miata. It is decently comfortable and has pretty good standard equipment. It is also beautiful... I have never had a car get more compliments, stares, questions, etc. The problem for me was, for a $56k car, it didn't offer anything BUT performance. It isn't a well rounded car whatsover: The material quality is decent, the tech is decent, the comfort is decent, and it drives absolutely amazing. This is not what I wanted from the car, but I knew it from the first test drive it wouldn't be. Did I still immediately fall in love and purchase it the same day? Yes. Was the feeling fleeting? Extremely. TBH, I will miss the car solely for its looks and how it performs. Other than that, I am happy, almost relieved to let it go. Though to my surprise with almost 40k miles on it, it was dead reliable and had zero true issues.

Now for the S60... When you are looking to buy a luxury sports car for luxury sports car money, that is exactly what you expect; luxury and sportiness. The Alfa was straight up sporty, the volvo so far seems to be the perfect compromise between the two. It feels much more substantial, tight, screwed together, weighty. I love how hefty it feels, including the steering. Some people don't want their car to feel heavy, I tend to look for that coming from previously very bulky cars: many many Saab 9-5's including a 2011 Aero.
      The Sports Chassis is a perfect balance between comfort and sporty handling. On an R-Design, it truly should be standard. The Transmission is definitely still nothing like the ZF in the alfa (many claim its the best application of ZF's current 8speed to date, incredibly quick shifts) but the Polestar Tune completely transforms the responses of it. I would say I am happy enough with its reactions with the tune that I do tend to WANT to use the paddles decently often. The interior is so much more luxurious and better equipped tech-wise than my Giulia, and everything just fits together perfectly. I can turn the radio up half-way and not worry about the squeaks and rattles being louder than the speakers anymore. The car is also deceptively quick with the Polestar tune, and also IMHO sounds lovely. It "feels" more like the old T6's did when they were actually 6 cylinders. It almost sounds like the old T6's as well. I had one so I have first-hand experience with that engine, I loved it. The new T6 with the tune in the lighter S60 is as close as Volvo could have gotten to meeting all my expectations power-train-wise. The only thing that seems to be a slight letdown is the BorgWarner-Haldex setup. There is no reason why this car should not have an LSD, as well as no reason why the car shouldn't be able to transfer more than 50% of power towards the rear. It's been done before, and should have. It's virtually the same unit that Saab developed back in the day for the TurboX and NG 9-5 Aero with XWD. That system was unbelievable. It took a FWD car and could distribute up to 95% of the power to the rear, even to a single wheel if needed! I know the Polestar tune adds additional power transfer towards the rear, but of course, this revised percentage is not disclosed.

For a general description of what led me back to a Swedish car - I had the Giulia and knew I would be replacing it very soon. I started test driving cars, MANY cars. G70, 3-series, C43AMG, a4/a5, s4/5, rs3, E-Class, even a Stinger GT2 and XE, as well as a 2019 Giulia, and Ghibli. Nothing but the Giulia seemed to have at least a hint of true emotion and personality. There was nothing special, nothing present. They were truly just a piece of mechanical equipment. I thought to myself, maybe I am just being unrealistic and overly harsh on my Giulia and have grown bored too soon. Then I drove the S60, honestly, not wanting to like it. I fell in love. There has always just been something special about the way a Volvo makes you feel. I felt the same with owning Saabs as well. Regardless of what people think of the car you have, if you don't have a connection to it, there is no hope.

(It sure exceeded my expections though; it handles and accelerates pretty damn well, lets be honest!)

Great comparison! You did a better job than most car mags lol. Did you test drive an S60 without the sports chassis? I'd be curious to get your opinion on the difference between the two?

Thanks fore the time you put into this reply. Much of it Rings true for my sensibilities as well.

I test drove virtually everything, including the Giulia and I agree with you, if driving excitement and fun was the only criteria I would have bought it. The BMW feels numb in comparison between (I got out of an F32 for my S60).

I do more highway driving than anything else and so interior comfort, which includes the sound system, seat comfort, quality feel and materials etc, are really important to me. Performance matters but I’ve learned over the years that as long as it meets my personal performance threshold interior comfort is the difference. I think we agree that this Volvo hits the sweet spot for a luxury sports sedan. (I also like to be able to look back on my car as I walk away and think “Ain’t she pretty”!)

On a side note, when I’m driving my XC90, which has the B&W system in it, I find that I am routinely taking the long way home.....and driving a wee bit slower; I’m just not in a hurry!!! The new upgraded HK system is excellent though and is good enough even for this old audiophile.

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Thank you for an awesome review. You summed it up perfectly- Volvo has always been special in many ways.
      BTW, Onyx Black is making a return in MY20 S60 from what I hear. It is a beautiful black metallic paint in my personal experience, more practical than Black Stone
      My XC90 is Onyx and she is indeed quite a beaut when the sun hits her right.....

Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Wow, I wish I knew this... I love the Onyx Black paint! The S90 T6 Inscription we have is Onyx.

Quote Originally Posted by silverV60 View Post
      Great comparison! You did a better job than most car mags lol. Did you test drive an S60 without the sports chassis? I'd be curious to get your opinion on the difference between the two?
      I did, and there was a NOTABLE difference. Not necessarily a bad thing, even more comfortable, but just didn't feel right for me on a car wearing an R-Design badge. I like a firm yet pliant and comfortable ride so its a perfect mix for me.

Thanks fore the time you put into this reply. Much of it Rings true for my sensibilities as well.

I test drove virtually everything, including the Giulia and I agree with you, if driving excitement and fun was the only criteria I would have bought it. The BMW feels numb in comparison between (I got out of an F32 for my S60).

I do more highway driving than anything else and so interior comfort, which includes the sound system, seat comfort, quality feel and materials etc, are really important to me. Performance matters but I’ve learned over the years that as long as it meets my personal performance threshold interior comfort is the difference. I think we agree that this Volvo hits the sweet spot for a luxury sports sedan. (I also like to be able to look back on my car as I walk away and think “Ain’t she pretty”!)

On a side note, when I’m driving my XC90, which has the B&W system in it, I find that I am routinely taking the long way home.....and driving a wee bit slower; I’m just not in a hurry!!! The new upgraded HK system is excellent though and is good enough even for this old audiophile.

Enjoy!!!
      I have the Bowers & Wilkins and am extremely happy I went with it. Audio is definitely important, and though the Harmon Kardon does sound great, I just love the look of the nautilus speaker...
      The Giulia was hands down the most fun car I have had, but it never knew how to settle down when the fun was had and done with.

My XC90 is Onyx and she is indeed quite a beaut when the sun hits her right.....
      Onyx Black is truly an incredible metallic black. It has insane depth to it you dont see too often in blacks when there is metallic flake added in, typically it changes the colors appearance far too much. I recently read a review about an Onyx Black Polestar V60, and a whole section was about the incredible black paint... LOL

Absolutely beautiful my man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bstoakes View Post
      Absolutely beautiful my man!

a
      Thanks! I am loving it.

Just did a Ceramic Wax correction today... the paint looks amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Ethos Ceramic Wax. A little pricey but the results were insane!

Here’s my babe

a
      Thanks! I am loving it.

Just did a Ceramic Wax correction today... the paint looks amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Ethos Ceramic Wax. A little pricey but the results were insane!

Last edited by MJEWETT; 07-02-2019 at 08:33 PM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast