OFFICIAL: SPA S60, V60 and V60CC Photo Thread - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by MJEWETT View Post
      The Giulia is everything it is cracked up to be, and all reviews are completely spot on. From a performance aspect, the car is absolutely perfect. Amazing handling, amazing steering, amazing performance from a small engine. It is light and nimble, and feels like you are driving a car with the weight and size of a Mx-5 Miata. It is decently comfortable and has pretty good standard equipment. It is also beautiful... I have never had a car get more compliments, stares, questions, etc. The problem for me was, for a $56k car, it didn't offer anything BUT performance. It isn't a well rounded car whatsover: The material quality is decent, the tech is decent, the comfort is decent, and it drives absolutely amazing. This is not what I wanted from the car, but I knew it from the first test drive it wouldn't be. Did I still immediately fall in love and purchase it the same day? Yes. Was the feeling fleeting? Extremely. TBH, I will miss the car solely for its looks and how it performs. Other than that, I am happy, almost relieved to let it go. Though to my surprise with almost 40k miles on it, it was dead reliable and had zero true issues.
      I was really close to pulling the trigger on the Giulia. It's really a great car to drive-It feels like a go cart with incredible power and grip. Two things i really don't like- the brakes feel so mushy and the steering is sooo light. I guess that's one of those things that takes getting used to. I like the really heavy weighty feeling. (think old BMW hydraulic set up) Oddly enough, the S60 in dynamic had the most substantial weight out of any of the the other cars i test drove. The only other car that I test drove that has a heavier steering is the Golf GTI in sports mode. Btw, also an incredibly fun and engaging car but completely different class. I ended up going with the S60 because of my lease deal- couldn't justify paying $100 more for the Giulia. I really like the S60. It's such a solid and refined vehicle. I just wish it handled a bit a better but obviously it looks like the sports chassis addresses that and it's obviously not standard on the R design as i assumed. How is the steering on the S60 with the sports chassis ? I'm assuming the ratio is the same so the feel is prob similar? Just better grip and less bounce around curves?
      Last edited by silverV60; 07-02-2019 at 09:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silverV60 View Post
      I was really close to pulling the trigger on the Giulia. It's really a great car to drive-It feels like a go cart with incredible power and grip. Two things i really don't like- the brakes feel so mushy and the steering is sooo light. I guess that's one of those things that takes getting used to. I like the really heavy weighty feeling. (think old BMW hydraulic set up) Oddly enough, the S60 in dynamic had the most substantial weight out of any of the the other cars i test drove. The only other car that I test drove that has a heavier steering is the Golf GTI in sports mode. Btw, also an incredibly fun and engaging car but completely different class. I ended up going with the S60 because of my lease deal- couldn't justify paying $100 more for the Giulia. I really like the S60. It's such a solid and refined vehicle. I just wish it handled a bit a better but obviously it looks like the sports chassis addresses that and it's obviously not standard on the R design as i assumed. How is the steering on the S60 with the sports chassis ? I'm assuming the ratio is the same so the feel is prob similar? Just better grip and less bounce around curves?
      I would say you are spot on, as well as the car just looks more planted and sportier due to the decreased ride height. Honestly, I ticked the box for Sports Chassis as a requirement before even driving both just due to the aesthetics alone. I would say the steering between the two seemed almost the same, though maybe slightly heavier and more connected with the sports suspension. Less between the wheel and steering wheel, a little more feedback comes through.

I would say the car is a lot less bouncy than I anticipated as well. My Giulia had the AAS (Alfa Active Suspension) and in "soft" mode, it was extremely bouncy, one too many heaves on rebound for me... but it never actually got more comfortable. I actually regretted getting the adjustable suspension after being provided Giulia's with the standard suspension as loaners, but it was the only way to get the Performance Limited Slip Diff. The Sports Chassis on the S60 seems a lot less prone to hop up and down! Overall, very satisfied

Luckily, I did find one with the Sports Chassis! It was very difficult and I drove 2 hours away out of state to pick her up but it was well worth it.

The material quality is decent, the tech is decent, the comfort is decent, and it drives absolutely amazing. This is not what I wanted from the car, but I knew it from the first test drive it wouldn't be. Did I still immediately fall in love and purchase it the same day? Yes. Was the feeling fleeting? Extremely. TBH, I will miss the car solely for its looks and how it performs. Other than that, I am happy, almost relieved to let it go. Though to my surprise with almost 40k miles on it, it was dead reliable and had zero true issues.
      Thanks for the detailed review! I too had to find a sport chassis to satisfy my desires. Luckily I found a dealer locally that ordered a number of them for some reason. This confirms my feelings on this S60. I was really set for a bit on something more hard core sport. The Volvo won me over on having maybe 75 or 80% of the sport with the whole package of materials, quality equipment etc. I really appreciate a finely tuned compromise. I'm going to be spoiled for the next car if all Volvo makes in a few years is 112mph hybrids!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Found something special today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2019 V60 T6 Inscription, Crystal White/Maroon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by adaone View Post
      Found something special today

Oh, wow - if this was around town, I’ll have to keep my eye out!!

2019 S60 T6 R-Design - 19" wheels, Osmium Grey

"Test Vehicle"? Whats up with that?
      Her HHI car - 2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      His - 2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!
      Hers - 2017 XC60 Magic Blue w/ blond interior, T5 Dynamic
      For Fun - 1992 NA 300ZX lightly modified

Being at the factory might make spotting a bit easier, but still, two different ones within a few days.

Interesting to note that the first one had P* wheels, but no blacked out grille, or gold calipers/seatbelts. Also had black door handles, which I’ve never seen.

This one had all of the gold accents, but still no blacked out grille

2019 V60 T6 Inscription, Crystal White/Maroon Brown

Wow, that looks great! Having my done in a few weeks!! So excited

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

A quick shot. New 2019 Crystal White Pearl T6 Rdesign with Polestar tune
      Attached Images Attached Images
      2019 Volvo S60 T6 Rdesign AWD with Polestar, Crystal White Pearl, 19' R design wheela
      2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD Black Sapphire metallic, Eurosport tuning Stage II, Eurosport air intake filter/downpipe/catback (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by GonS60 View Post
      Wow, that looks great! Having my done in a few weeks!! So excited

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      Thanks!!

I installed a set of S/V90 R-Design 20's and got the tints done as well. Here are some photos. I even blacked out the grille in the front for a little but of a more cohesive look "R-Design Styling" wise.

Thanks!!

I installed a set of S/V90 R-Design 20's and got the tints done as well. Here are some photos. I even blacked out the grille in the front for a little but of a more cohesive look "R-Design Styling" wise.

Stunning! What did you do with your stock wheels?
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers
      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 - (former) | 2005 V50 T5 AWD (former) | 1995 Yellow 850 T-5R (former)

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Stunning! What did you do with your stock wheels?
      I am going to use them as my winter setup!

I agree...WOW!!!! Nothing like a clean black car but your S60 takes it to a new level!
      Her HHI car - 2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      His - 2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!
      Hers - 2017 XC60 Magic Blue w/ blond interior, T5 Dynamic
      For Fun - 1992 NA 300ZX lightly modified

I am going to use them as my winter setup!
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers
      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 - (former) | 2005 V50 T5 AWD (former) | 1995 Yellow 850 T-5R (former)

Love those wheels!!

Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
      I agree...WOW!!!! Nothing like a clean black car but your S60 takes it to a new level!
      Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      Love those wheels!!
      Thanks a lot!

black exterior definitely make the r-design look sweet since it makes the lights stand out, now they just need some amber or white sports seats with cooled ventilation

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

[/QUOTE]

@MJEWETT
      How did you get the grille out?
      Do you have an installation instruction?

Is your grille painted or wrapped?

Car looks stunning!

@derf1

Thanks! I actually did not remove the grille as I could not figure out how to without going crazy and removing the bumper. I used 3M vinyl wrap I had laying around from my previous car. Its very easy to work with. I just put it on the grille with it still installed on the car and was very careful about where my knife was

It is definitely temporary, as I would definitely want to remove it and do it properly for longevity as well as visual appearance down the road.

Thanks a lot for your helpful answer.

I will ask my delaer end of August (will get my s60 then) and come back to you.

I think it's not complicated to remove the grille. We will see.

Have fun with your beautiful ride!

MJEWETT, that is one awesome looking S60! Very sharp.

Well done
      On order: 2020 S60 Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal, 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

Mooooore V60's pleeeze!
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition, Hilton Tune Stage 1, IPD front strut mount, CX Racing coilovers, 5mm front/10mm rear spacers - current baby.
      98 V70R AWD - Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered on Vogtland with Bilstein Touring, SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T AWD - No mods, got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      Summer play vehicle - 09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

How to post photos?

Quote Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
      Mooooore V60's pleeeze!
      I have some but how to post photos? Only by URL links?

Quote Originally Posted by derf1 View Post
      Thanks a lot for your helpful answer.

I will ask my delaer end of August (will get my s60 then) and come back to you.

I think it's not complicated to remove the grille. We will see.

Have fun with your beautiful ride!
      Quote Originally Posted by beers View Post
      MJEWETT, that is one awesome looking S60! Very sharp.

Well done
      Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoV60Finn View Post
      I have some but how to post photos? Only by URL links?
      Go to Advanced, (bottom right corner), under attachments, go to manage and you can upload either from computer or website. And you get a pretty picture like this. Someone might know a better way.
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition, Hilton Tune Stage 1, IPD front strut mount, CX Racing coilovers, 5mm front/10mm rear spacers - current baby.
      98 V70R AWD - Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered on Vogtland with Bilstein Touring, SOLD

A couple of quick shots taken after having the windows tinted on my 2019 V60:

(and at some point I will learn how to properly embed images)

Attachment 53583

Attachment 53585
      2019 V60 T6 Inscription AWD Wagon, Advanced Package, Luxury Seat Package, Heated Rear Seats & Heated Steering Wheel, 19" Inscription Alloy Wheels

Onyx Black / Amber

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/933387.png

Go to Advanced, (bottom right corner), under attachments, go to manage and you can upload either from computer or website. And you get a pretty picture like this. Someone might know a better way.
      Is that from the light house near the Volvo muesum? Have some nice pictures from there.

I did find the ”Go to Advanced” but the rest I do not understand. Where is this ”Manage”?

Thanks!!

Did you black out the grill using vinyl wrap? *** Never mind....saw on a few posts above that you used 3M vinyl wrap *** Was the wrap matte or glossy? I am going to be doing that to my new V60 (I will post pictures after the ceramic/tint/wrap are done) and just wanted to know how you did yours. It also looks like in the first picture that you only did the grill surround and in the last one it looks like the diagonal slash is also done. I'm torn about what to wrap.

Mike
      Last edited by thorin33; 08-01-2019 at 05:58 PM.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoV60Finn View Post
      I did find the ”Go to Advanced” but the rest I do not understand. Where is this ”Manage”?
      Scroll down a bit, Additional Options, 2nd option. Press Manage Attachment. Choose upload.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgoat View Post
      Is that from the light house near the Volvo muesum? Have some nice pictures from there.
      ?? That was just a stock pretty picture that I found of a V60 on the internet ... like this one too.

As promised, here are all the pictures from a photo shoot of my car, that was done a while ago. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin33 View Post
      Did you black out the grill using vinyl wrap? *** Never mind....saw on a few posts above that you used 3M vinyl wrap *** Was the wrap matte or glossy? I am going to be doing that to my new V60 (I will post pictures after the ceramic/tint/wrap are done) and just wanted to know how you did yours. It also looks like in the first picture that you only did the grill surround and in the last one it looks like the diagonal slash is also done. I'm torn about what to wrap.

Mike
      Hey Mike,

I used glossy Wrap. I didn't like the wrap quality on this one, the metallic wrap tends to look much better and hide orange peel texture a lot better but I wanted to match it to the body paint as best as I could. I originally wrapped just the grille surround, then did the slashes to see how I felt. I ultimately decided to remove the wrap from the slashes as I thought it kind of looked weird when looking at it. Almost strange because the slashes aren't of equal length and don't fall evenly at the edges so they looked awkward and out of place when serving basically no design purpose when black. Though... maybe I have a little bit of visual OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by easyhunter View Post
      As promised, here are all the pictures from a photo shoot of my car, that was done a while ago. Enjoy.
      Oh oh oh ... oh my! That is beyond pretty! Really well done, love the color, love the wheels.

Hey Mike,

I used glossy Wrap. I didn't like the wrap quality on this one, the metallic wrap tends to look much better and hide orange peel texture a lot better but I wanted to match it to the body paint as best as I could. I originally wrapped just the grille surround, then did the slashes to see how I felt. I ultimately decided to remove the wrap from the slashes as I thought it kind of looked weird when looking at it. Almost strange because the slashes aren't of equal length and don't fall evenly at the edges so they looked awkward and out of place when serving basically no design purpose when black. Though... maybe I have a little bit of visual OCD?
      I actually agree with your view regarding the slashes. I have been looking at your pictures trying to decide and I think I will just do the grill surround.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

Thread title updated and made the post a sticky. You're official now! Let's see them!

Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 08-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2006 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 1999 F250 Powerstroke, 2005 TSX, 1997 Bonneville, 1998 Concorde

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast