2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheGageinator View Post
      i like that radio adapter panel!
      Itís the scosche one with lots of buttons put on it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 Overland XC70 #projecxc70 @eric_samuelson

Quote Originally Posted by Nsfwaldo View Post
      I see a problem here: stock weak 14 mm rear stabilizer bar! You absolutely need one from V70R! Volvo p/n 8672168.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vtl View Post
      I see a problem here: stock weak 14 mm rear stabilizer bar! You absolutely need one from V70R! Volvo p/n 8672168.
      Ya I do need some upgraded rear things haha. Might do that later this summer. I want to do some bigger sway bars for traveling and then I have disconnecting end links for off-road

Ya I do need some upgraded rear things haha. Might do that later this summer. I want to do some bigger sway bars for traveling and then I have disconnecting end links for off-road
      Nope, upgrade to Nivomats, they are awesome! You need to extend them for your lifted setup, but I've figured out how to do that and even got the parts (stud + hex nut).

I have a question regarding your spring spacers: do they allow spring to slip? I want to do a mild lift (20 mm spacers), there's a ready to install kit on ebay, but I somewhat fear they will allow rear springs to slip while I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Nope, upgrade to Nivomats, they are awesome! You need to extend them for your lifted setup, but I've figured out how to do that and even got the parts (stud + hex nut).

I have a question regarding your spring spacers: do they allow spring to slip? I want to do a mild lift (20 mm spacers), there's a ready to install kit on ebay, but I somewhat fear they will allow rear springs to slip while I'm in the middle of nowhere.
      I havenít had any issues with that yet. These have been in there for like 10k miles so far I think and thatís what they look like right now. I was skeptical of that too at first but everything seems to work pretty well

Iím also thinking of a 20mm lift kit, but Iím afraid it will force the geometry to positive camber. Does it do this, and is there any cure to the positive camber?

Quote Originally Posted by uqj83l View Post
      Iím also thinking of a 20mm lift kit, but Iím afraid it will force the geometry to positive camber. Does it do this, and is there any cure to the positive camber?
      Iíve got like 4Ē ish total lift and it still aligns fine. 2Ē springs and 2Ē spacers and .5Ē subframe spacers, so at 20mm you should have no issues with alignment

Quote Originally Posted by uqj83l View Post
      I'm going to add 16 mm subframe spacers to keep Nivomats happy.

Incredible build, Looks Great!

Best Regards
      2007 XC70 2.5T
      1964 International Scout 80, 1966 912 Porsche, 1967 912 Porsche SW Targa, 1967 250S Mercedes, 1971 911 Porsche Targa, 1986 Chevy 4x4 short bed PU
      1973 R75 BMW, 1981 R100RS

Quote Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
      Incredible Build, looks Great!

Best Regards
      Thanks man! Much appreciated!

fr.jpg

I welded some ears on either side of my upper spring housings to keep the springs from slipping. Maybe not necessary, but the car was offload only
      Last edited by TheGageinator; 05-20-2019 at 03:39 PM.

I really wanted a backup cam to see where the end of my spare sits so this is where I decided would be a good vantage point

I kinda kicked that location around when I was installing mine too. Just out of curiosity, if youíre going up there, why didnít you center it? And does the brake light interfere with your view when itís illuminated?

Current: 2003 V70 T5 M56 // Mystic Silver/Charcoal // 162K miles // Koni FSD + Eibachs // Snabb intake + IPD silicone turbo hoses // Copper R Brembos // 18" Pegs // OEM bi-xenons // '05 side mirrors // 18/35 tint // jewel tails // black anodized S80 DIM // R steering wheel // '05 console w/ T5M spaceball // mesh grill with custom ironmark badge 2004 XC70 bone stock for nowÖ
      Previous: 2001 V70 T5M (Nautic/Charcoal) // 1999 V70 NA M56 (Blue-Green Metallic/Charcoal) // 2004 V70R M66 (Titanium/Nordkap) // 1992 244 M47 (Silver/NavyÖand the newest, nicest car I'll ever own. Sold on BaT. )

Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
      I kinda kicked that location around when I was installing mine too. Just out of curiosity, if youíre going up there, why didnít you center it? And does the brake light interfere with your view when itís illuminated?

Mostly because I wanted the view of my spare swing out on the back and this gives the best vantage of where it ends for like parallel Parking and stuff. I also pull a trailer occasionally and this lets me see the hitch. And no the brake light doesnít effect it, but my backup light bar kinda gives some distortion at night hAha

Which camera are you using? And where is the display? In your head unit?

Quote Originally Posted by mark99tj View Post
      Which camera are you using? And where is the display? In your head unit?
      Ya itís in my head unit. Thereís a pic of the camera view up there somewhere haha. But this camera

So I got this skinny roof box today and was thinking of putting a rhino rack basket next to it, but I can't find a "skinny" basket for the life of me, you got a PN on that thing? Or anything similar?

Same with the awning. Also, how's that sit on there?

Quote Originally Posted by zmarshm1 View Post
      So I got this skinny roof box today and was thinking of putting a rhino rack basket next to it, but I can't find a "skinny" basket for the life of me, you got a PN on that thing? Or anything similar?

Heck ya I canít find a part number for it either. Itís a lot harder to find now than when I got it for some reason. But I did find it on amazon

The awning is a Yakima slim shady. But mounting wise, thereís 2 tracks on the back of any awning for bolts to sit in and instead of using the stock mounting that takes up valuable rack space I just made 2 long L brackets. The short Ďlegí of the bracket bolts to the 2 tracks on the awning, and the long side goes straight under the box and the box is fastened on top and secured the bracket in place Iíll get a couple pics in a minute

Heck ya I canít find a part number for it either. Itís a lot harder to find now than when I got it for some reason. But I did find it on amazon

The awning is a Yakima slim shady. But mounting wise, thereís 2 tracks on the back of any awning for bolts to sit in and instead of using the stock mounting that takes up valuable rack space I just made 2 long L brackets. The short Ďlegí of the bracket bolts to the 2 tracks on the awning, and the long side goes straight under the box and the box is fastened on top and secured the bracket in place Iíll get a couple pics in a minute

Makes sense, with the thule box (idk about yakima) they are locked with bracket holders from the inside, and I even have extra holes to mount stuff into from the bottom. that's great info man.

Makes sense, with the thule box (idk about yakima) they are locked with bracket holders from the inside, and I even have extra holes to mount stuff into from the bottom. that's great info man.
      Oh dang thatís nice. Hereís a pic of the bracket. Not the best but itís what I could get. The roof rail is right in front and the bend goes back under the box

Oh dang thatís nice. Hereís a pic of the bracket. Not the best but itís what I could get. The roof rail is right in front and the bend goes back under the box

And one for each side of course haha

And one for each side of course haha

For sure. Looks about the same as I could do, like the box was made for it

Now I just need an extra set of roof rails to hold my wind fairing at the front and the back of the box for extra weight capacity

I've found a couple of awnings on ebay already, they can't any of them be that different from the slim shady one huh? Any Yakima "slim shady" i look for ends up with results from the eminem album.

Now I just need an extra set of roof rails to hold my wind fairing at the front and the back of the box for extra weight capacity

I've found a couple of awnings on ebay already, they can't any of them be that different from the slim shady one huh? Any Yakima "slim shady" i look for ends up with results from the eminem album.
      Hahaha of course. Iím not sure why they chose that name. But ya I wouldnít think there wouldnít be a whole lot of difference really. Looks like one word maybe is the key

Hahaha of course. Iím not sure why they chose that name. But ya I wouldnít think there wouldnít be a whole lot of difference really. Looks like one word maybe is the key

Hot damn are these systems expensive new. You'd be surprised what you find for the cheap on marketplace or craigslist. Got a 7'x2' box today for 100 thule that locks from marketplace, my crossbars oem volvo for 40 from craigslist, and 50 for the 44" thule fairing also from CG.

I'll be on the lookout for stuff like this used, thanks a ton brother!

Hot damn are these systems expensive new. You'd be surprised what you find for the cheap on marketplace or craigslist. Got a 7'x2' box today for 100 thule that locks from marketplace, my crossbars oem volvo for 40 from craigslist, and 50 for the 44" thule fairing also from CG.

I'll be on the lookout for stuff like this used, thanks a ton brother!
      Ya thatís definitely the way to go haha. No worries, Good luck! Canít wait to see what you get together on the roof!

Ya thatís definitely the way to go haha. No worries, Good luck! Canít wait to see what you get together on the roof!

Got me a nice box today for 100 bucks, perfect condition

That's so far!

When I get your Svensk sticker, I'm blacking out the window pillars as well with vinyl, I'll post it in a few weeks
      Last edited by zmarshm1; 05-21-2019 at 02:38 AM.

That's so far!

When I get your Svensk sticker, I'm blacking out the window pillars as well with vinyl, I'll post it in a few weeks
      Heck ya! Thatíll be super rad

I think Rhino Rack recently quit making these -- over a week or two I had settled on the 'small' basket, but when I tried to order the webpage returned '404'. I quickly tried several other places, who were all out of stock, finally finding one in-stock at etrailer.com. I wanted a basket that would fit my spare, but also fit up top with the roof box. Both of them hang a bit over edge of car, but not too bad, and provide lots of storage. I have the volvo bars now, but may purchase longer thule bars. Good luck finding the rhino rack basket...

Thanks for all of the help thus far. Got the lift done (kind of ), new wheels, tires, etc, but now getting a bunch of CV chatter and looking to replace the existing with the [email protected] XC90 axles. I haven't been able to find a comprehensive take on how best to do this. I have 25 mm spacers with the same wheel set up as you. Any advice on the XC90 axles? What else I need to change/modify along with it? Also, will be adding the sub-frame spacers. Thanks again for all of the help! John

Quote Originally Posted by Jtgarcia2002 View Post
      Thanks for all of the help thus far. Got the lift done (kind of ), new wheels, tires, etc, but now getting a bunch of CV chatter and looking to replace the existing with the [email protected] XC90 axles. I haven't been able to find a comprehensive take on how best to do this. I have 25 mm spacers with the same wheel set up as you. Any advice on the XC90 axles? What else I need to change/modify along with it? Also, will be adding the sub-frame spacers. Thanks again for all of the help! John
      Ya the xc90 axles will help for sure. Just make sure theyíre the 2.5t AWD xc90 axles and nothing else. You might need spacers for the hubs to keep ABS in alignment. Some do and some donít. Itís a 1/4Ē thick, 1Ē ID and 2ĒOD spacer. I used a big washer from the hardware store and dremeled out one of the lips to fit the end of the xc90 axle and then a fully threaded axle bolt cut down a bit and thatís it for the swap

Amazing thanks! Yeah the CV's do not sound so good right now . Will post pics soon. Thanks! JG

Hey guys. Just got the axles and washers. Any advice on how the washers are set up in relation to the axle? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks John

Hey! They go on the hub end of the axle to make sure the ABS ring and sensor line up. You might have to do some dremeling or something to get it to fit flush on the end of the axle

Awesome thanks!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast