1970 145 looking for a rear window
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1970 145 looking for a rear window

I recently rescued a 1970 Volvo 145 that's been off the road since about 2000. At some point someone decided it would be a good idea to rip the rear pop out window out. Literally, grab them and just keep pulling until they came out. The passenger window was in the car but the drivers is nowhere to be found. I'm hoping someone on here may have one they'd sell, or know a source for one. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If it was a windshield, I would say go to a auto glass supplier. The aftermarket definitely has front and rear glass for the sedans. There rear side glass on a 145 may be a bit of a reach; but, give them a try. Some of the aftermarket glass shops can source salvage glass, so, even if new is not available they may be able to fix you up. Otherwise, I suspect that you are pretty much in to contacting the salvage yards. If you search the web, there used to be a couple of salvage yards that specialized in Volvos.

If push comes to shove, try emailing VP Autoparts. They don't list the glass; but, if anybody knows of a likely supplier its probably Mattias.

What is the part number of the glass your looking for ?

677365 ??

Vp Autoparts has some for $80

look at this link for the parts VP has on offer,

http://212.247.61.152/us/main.aspx?p...tno=1403090903

and look at the parts manual for the part number of the glass your looking for, should be in section 8 somewhere

http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/1...parts-catalog/
      Last edited by scaramoucheii; 01-29-2017 at 05:58 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

As a note to cassidycf

I noticed that this is your first post here, so you may also have not visited the Volvo Tips documentation page before.

Once you find the page your looking for, you need to "view image" in your browser to see the entire page, as the way that the Volvo Tips page displays the manual pages some of the image is cropped off. What I do is "save image" to a directory on my hard drive, also save the following page with the part numbers, and then view them in a image editor when I can zoom in on the image and parts numbers for easier viewing.

where do you live ?

A used window would be available here , Chapman Motors, Cobble Hill, BC , Canada

https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...4d-123.5740351
      Last edited by scaramoucheii; 01-29-2017 at 07:37 PM.

hey! I'm looking for a 145 1970! is your for sale? do you have any pictures of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by cassidycf View Post
      I recently rescued a 1970 Volvo 145 that's been off the road since about 2000. At some point someone decided it would be a good idea to rip the rear pop out window out. Literally, grab them and just keep pulling until they came out. The passenger window was in the car but the drivers is nowhere to be found. I'm hoping someone on here may have one they'd sell, or know a source for one. Thank you.
      hey! I'm looking for a 145 1970! is your for sale? do you have any pictures of yours?

Wow I just posted needing the one that you have. If for any reason I give up and decide to switch to the later single I’ll let you know first. Until then the search continues.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements